Model railroad event Saturday at library

Model railroad event Saturday at library

There are 6 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 9, 2006, titled Model railroad event Saturday at library. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A model railroad meet will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in the Carmel Clay Public Library's Program Room.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Pat

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jan 21, 2007
I have a lot of track and I would like to know what scale it is. A straight piece is a bit over 9". They measure 1-1/2" across the tracks and 2" across the ties. Any help would be appreciated. The cars that came with it are MAR if that helps.
WiseUp

Brownsburg, IN

#3 Jan 21, 2007
[lightbulb]

Go google, images for "Model Railroad".
BOBBY BAWN

Moose Jaw, Canada

#4 Feb 15, 2007
wy r grwn ups playing wth toy trns........ grow up people!!!!!!!!
Philip

Melbourne, Australia

#5 May 6, 2007
BOBBY BAWN wrote:
If peoples interest in miniature engineering offends you, then read something else, the rest of us can do without your inanities.

Philip
Model Railway Doctor

Princeton, IN

#8 Oct 12, 2007
BOBBY BAWN wrote:
Sissy's like you should be playing with Barbie dolls. Playing with trains is much healthier and educational and satisfying to us model railroaders than sitting glued to an idiot box and wasting away your life.
Kabir

Toronto, Canada

#9 Nov 2, 2007
I am new so don't be harsh. I am trying to figure out the main advantage of DCC in comparison with DC power pack. So far i know DCC is digital and advance system in copmarison to the conventional system.

So I have following things if yiou could respond.

1- Is it a stable system (I know digital chips) could be easy to damage

2- How much more it costs in comparison to the simple DC system

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Models Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Model train enthusiast builds city in miniature Oct '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Trainspotting with the Model Railroad Club of T... (May '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 2
News Listening to women: A roundtable discussion abo... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Barry 1
News Model train show aims to impress (Oct '14) Oct '14 Medewiwin 1
News Seniors build miniature 1950s railroad to recre... (Mar '14) Mar '14 George Perot 1
News Kids at Ohio History Center have fun with toys ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Allen Butcher 1
News Trains chugging in for the holidays (Nov '13) Nov '13 Mick 2