How to Make Shell Beads
Posted in the Knitting Forum
Since: Mar 11
#1 Mar 25, 2011
Creating beaded necklaces is a fun pastime for both children and adults.Many jewelry makers who consider themselves hobbyists prefer to create their beads themselves. Homemade beads can consist of clay, stone, gems and shells.
1. Purchase [b][url=http://www.gets.cn/who lesale-Sea-Shell-Beads-317.htm l]shell beads[/url][/b] in the desired size. If you happen to live near a beach, you can simply search for them there. The shells can be of any size, but the ideal size is 1 to 2 inches.[b][url=http://www.gets .cn/wholesale-Sea-Shell-Beads- 317.html]shell beads[/url][/b] can be purchased from Gets.cn.
2. Determine the size of the hole that will go through the beads. If you will be using jewelry wire, a common diameter is 0.8 mm, so you will want to choose a drill bit that is just slightly larger. If you wish to use nylon cord, a popular choice for shell necklaces, the average diameter is 2 mm. Go with a size that works for you.
3. Set up your work location. Be sure to find a stable, flat surface to help prevent roll off if you drop a bead. Fill your bead tray with shells and put on your safety goggles.
4. Insert the proper size drill bit into the drill. Place a small piece of painters tape over the top of the shell, where you will be drilling; this helps prevent cracks. Rub your thumb across the tape to ensure that it is secured.
5. Place the [b][url=http://www.gets.cn/who lesale-Sea-Shell-Beads-317.htm l]Shell beads[/url][/b], tape side up, on your work surface. Hold the drill steady and slowly drill a hole through the shell. Remove the tape and place your new bead in an empty slot in the bead try.
Add your comments below
|At Shore, gay group knits itself into the commu...||Mar '16||Billmore and ripoff||2|
|Saving Abel returns to Reno to rock downtown at...||Feb '16||Truth||1|
|City shop threads together old, new customers (Sep '15)||Sep '15||Rainy Day Lady||1|
|Winnipegger turned love for vintage kitchenware... (Jul '15)||Jul '15||Hus on First||1|
|Scarves scattered around Goodale Park are there... (Feb '15)||Feb '15||Duke for Mayor||5|
|Hats off to Amanda (Feb '15)||Feb '15||mayors wife done ...||1|
|Australian Knitting Group Creates a Life-Sized ... (Jan '15)||Jan '15||Juif||1|
Find what you want!
Search Knitting Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC