At 16, Kelly Zorn's Long Island's No. 1 Harry Potter fan

Full story: Newsday 67
If Harry Potter has taught us anything, it is that magic lurks in the unlikeliest places. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not a Loser

Greenvale, NY

#4 Jul 10, 2007
the one's posting negative comments are they, themselves, LOSER's (and not from madison, learn how to type).
back in the eighties i was the same way with duran duran; it's a right-of-passage; for those who don't agree, well, quite frankly, shut up. kudos to you kelly... keep reading!

“LETS GO RANGERS”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#5 Jul 10, 2007
Long Islanders are sad vicious people.

Cute kid with a hobby, nothing more or less.

Have fun kid.
Crookshanks

Greenvale, NY

#7 Jul 10, 2007
the artwork, the music, the knitting, you go girl! Harry Potter -- the anti-drug
what

Bellerose, NY

#8 Jul 10, 2007
she's a loser? that's awful...she's a kid having fun with something she likes and enjoys...sorry it's not acting like paris hilton or lindsay lohan.
good for you kelly!!!
Marlyn

Hoffman Estates, IL

#10 Jul 10, 2007
Keep your interests in Harry Potter, Kelly, no matter what. Even when you are taking care of your first child at 2 in the morning, think of the late night travels of Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Your child's first Halloween costume - of course- must be a Hogwart's School Robe.

I, too, am a fan of Harry Potter, but unlike her my fandom, mine actually belongs to Star Wars :)

Always look for the good in everything, whether it is in literature, arts, music, movies, and television.
Grumpy

AOL

#11 Jul 10, 2007
Is Kelly a good witch or a wicked witch? whatever turns ya on!!
Kelly is my hero

Miami, FL

#12 Jul 10, 2007
Loser??? Kids waiting in line for books instead of booze. People do not know what a nice normal kid is anymore. I hope my girls make me as proud as Kelly's parents must be of her. She will probably never be in rehab. What a world.

“LETS GO RANGERS”

United States

#13 Jul 10, 2007
King Diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the 80's Duran Duran Sucked.
They still do.. and so do you..
Tell these freaks to think for themselves..
You post under "King Diamond" some crappy satan band

http://www.covenworldwide.org/

So who needs to get a life, freak.
Not a Loser

Greenvale, NY

#14 Jul 10, 2007
let me guess, "king diamond" and "kelly is a loser", are you both at home unemployed in white-trashville-suffolk-count y? if anyone should, YOU should get a life instead of being nasty for nasty sake...
Skipper

Massapequa Park, NY

#15 Jul 10, 2007
Wise up Kelly. Witchcraft is no good. Trust me. Don't be a sucker.
a VERY proud mom

Greenvale, NY

#16 Jul 10, 2007
yes, kelly makes me very proud! having this article printed is something to cherish, however it's amazing how people can be so negative here - Kelly - keep the faith!
sparky

Bentonville, AR

#17 Jul 10, 2007
I wish to send little miss wizard a similar missive FBI agent Joe O'Brien use to send mobsters who were under investigation and who had just rose in rank due to their dastardly deeeds. Congratulations on youre promotion!The type of HELLYWOOD TRASH like harry potter that adolescents and teens waste countless hours degrading their intellects and characters into worthless liabilities is a major reason America is rapidly losing its ststus as the worlds only superpower.Read "The world is flat"Thomas L.Freidman.Its a book.Something our little ipod misfits like the barbie bandits dont seem to have much use for!
Avid Reader

West New York, NJ

#18 Jul 10, 2007
Bravo, Kelly, and all the rest of the kids who choose books and movies instead of drugs and alcohol!!! Right now my daughter (10) and I are rushing through Book 5 so she can be done with it before the movie on Friday. My son is older, but still is thrilled with the imaginative stories of Harry and his pals. Having read all of the books several times over, I'm really sad that the series is ending...but it will live on as all true classics have. The only people who are "losers" are those who can't or don't have enough patience and self-control to READ A BOOK for a change. There is no instant gratification in reading a book (especially one that's 700+ pages)-- it's not a video game or AIM. But, the immense satisfaction I see on my daughter's face as she finishes each chapter is awesome. J.K. Rowling -- long may you write!!!
not a loser is a loser

Edison, NJ

#21 Jul 10, 2007
Not a Loser wrote:
let me guess, "king diamond" and "kelly is a loser", are you both at home unemployed in white-trashville-suffolk-count y? if anyone should, YOU should get a life instead of being nasty for nasty sake...
not a loser IS SUCH A loser. Because somene posts on here means they dont have a job? which hell hole NYC school did you go to and get that amazing logic you possess? Also notice the author was the same person who was looking for that dog Vivi for the last 18 months, why doesnt she try and work in teh LIRR Gap issue, maybe Harry can wave his wand and make it all go away.

“LETS GO RANGERS”

United States

#22 Jul 10, 2007
sparky wrote:
I wish to send little miss wizard a similar missive FBI agent Joe O'Brien use to send mobsters who were under investigation and who had just rose in rank due to their dastardly deeeds. Congratulations on youre promotion!The type of HELLYWOOD TRASH like harry potter that adolescents and teens waste countless hours degrading their intellects and characters into worthless liabilities is a major reason America is rapidly losing its ststus as the worlds only superpower.Read "The world is flat"Thomas L.Freidman.Its a book.Something our little ipod misfits like the barbie bandits dont seem to have much use for!
Wow, you realy are nuts.

No, really, you need to seek some help.

Re-read what you just posted, seek help, as soon as possible.
Disgusted

Fredericksburg, VA

#23 Jul 10, 2007
Hey Sparky - In case you didn't notice, the Potter series STARTED OUT as books! The kids are lining up for the latest BOOK. Before you spout off, idiot, check your facts.

To Kelly - congratulations on your collection. I think it's wonderful you are able to find happiness in such an innocent venue, rather than going out boozing and G-d knows what else like other kids your age. I hope my three boys find something as peaceful to make them happy at your age. Good luck!
ProWiccan

Greenvale, NY

#24 Jul 10, 2007
I can't believe that here we are in 2007 and people are still ignorant to witchcraft; the wiccan craft has existed longer than christianity, and many of christianity's rituals are based on wicca; the 'witches' were the first environmentalists, worshipping mother earth... learn yourself some knowledge before chastising people... and you christians, stop judging for christ's sake, literally!

“LETS GO RANGERS”

United States

#25 Jul 10, 2007
Lucifer wrote:
Of course witchcraft is good...hahahaha...it's good for me...I like to get all the little children to believe that there are good witches and good forms of magic...but it's my sweet little deception...I make it appear good, but it's really not...trust me...white magic and black magic?...there is no difference...it's all an offering to me...Satan! hahahaha...thank you parents for not having any discernment...it makes it that much more fun for me...!!! hahahaha
Your ipo gives you away as the same poster using different names brain surgeon

duhhh....whats an ipo????
Not a Loser

Greenvale, NY

#29 Jul 10, 2007
not a loser is a loser wrote:
<quoted text>
not a loser IS SUCH A loser. Because somene posts on here means they dont have a job? which hell hole NYC school did you go to and get that amazing logic you possess? Also notice the author was the same person who was looking for that dog Vivi for the last 18 months, why doesnt she try and work in teh LIRR Gap issue, maybe Harry can wave his wand and make it all go away.
no nyc here; north shore long island, if you must know... which is probably why i consider people from suffok county unemployed white-trash... AND 'the author' you are speaking about, wasn't me... never heard of 'vivi'...
Not From Madison

United States

#31 Jul 10, 2007
King Diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't get it.
I can't argue with you because Michael Alfred Gartner was one of my fav's on the NYR 90's dream team.
My favorite player as well. Its a shame he never got to win the cup and was part of one of the worst trades the Rangers ever made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knitting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australian Knitting Group Creates a Life-Sized ... Jan 14 Juif 1
Hands in Motion adds handiwork to Light Up the ... Dec '14 Blanket Halton 2
Serbian TV presenter reveals bizarre trend for ... Nov '14 The Butthurt Blogger 2
Community Calendar (Sep '07) Oct '14 Cynthia engages a... 6
Crossover: Fashion feeds abstract art (Mar '12) Oct '14 MOMIN ANSARI 5
Free crochet pattern: Miniature Christmas Stocking (Nov '10) Sep '14 cool phone cases 2
Ravelry.com connects arts-and-crafts lovers the... (Mar '09) Sep '14 brandy 233
More from around the web