Pumpkin Ales

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

#1 Jul 8, 2012
I am huge fan of Pumpkin Ales and this one is outstanding! Compares to DFH "Punkin" Ale with the right tweaks. Even my brother-in-law, who owns two restaurants, said this was amazing, maybe even better than the Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale he serves on tap. Sweet!

My tweaks...
1. Follow the recipe for steeping grains, adding hops and adding brown sugar.
2. Add 90oz of canned pumpkin (at timing per the recipe). This will create about 1.5 gallons of trub in your primary; don't be alarmed.
3. Add 1 tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in addition to the spice pack.
4. I used the recommended Wyeast slap-pack (not a big fan of White Labs)
5. Keep in primary for 1wk. Move to secondary for 2 wks. When I transferred to the secondary, I increased my water level to 5 gallons. Stir (with sanitized spoon).
5. OG=1.050 @ 77F
6. FG=1.008 @ 72F
7. Made 54 bottles. Carbonate for at least 2 weeks.
8. Enjoy!

Get it stated now for Thanksgiving/ Halloween.
I get the kit from MidWest and make the tweaks.. Yum Yum
Cross Bow

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Nov 27, 2012
Yum

CSA
Cross Bow

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Retirement doesn't have to be boring

As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Cross Bow is such a person:

THIS IS QUOTED FROM Cross Bow

"I've often been asked,'What do you do now that you're retired?'

Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine. It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."

Cross Bow should be an inspiration to us all.

CSA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Homebrewing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sampling mischievous beers at Hijinx Brewing in... Nov 19 silly rabbit 1
News Weird and wonderful beers are judged at the ALE... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Copper City Brewing coming to Rome (Mar '16) Apr '16 This 17
News Atlanta Stove Works reborn as Marthasville Brew... (Aug '08) Feb '16 hoofus 45
News Beer brewing made easy (Jan '16) Jan '16 Swampman 1
News Brewing beer, making ice cream and now a shop a... (Nov '15) Nov '15 other routes 1
News How 'Home Brew' Email Servers Like Hillary Clin... (Aug '15) Aug '15 spocko 1
More from around the web