Posted in the Homebrewing Forum
“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”
Since: Jan 11
#1 Jul 8, 2012
I am huge fan of Pumpkin Ales and this one is outstanding! Compares to DFH "Punkin" Ale with the right tweaks. Even my brother-in-law, who owns two restaurants, said this was amazing, maybe even better than the Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale he serves on tap. Sweet!
1. Follow the recipe for steeping grains, adding hops and adding brown sugar.
2. Add 90oz of canned pumpkin (at timing per the recipe). This will create about 1.5 gallons of trub in your primary; don't be alarmed.
3. Add 1 tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in addition to the spice pack.
4. I used the recommended Wyeast slap-pack (not a big fan of White Labs)
5. Keep in primary for 1wk. Move to secondary for 2 wks. When I transferred to the secondary, I increased my water level to 5 gallons. Stir (with sanitized spoon).
5. OG=1.050 @ 77F
6. FG=1.008 @ 72F
7. Made 54 bottles. Carbonate for at least 2 weeks.
Get it stated now for Thanksgiving/ Halloween.
I get the kit from MidWest and make the tweaks.. Yum Yum
#2 Nov 27, 2012
#3 Nov 27, 2012
Retirement doesn't have to be boring
As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.
Cross Bow is such a person:
THIS IS QUOTED FROM Cross Bow
"I've often been asked,'What do you do now that you're retired?'
Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine. It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."
Cross Bow should be an inspiration to us all.
Add your comments below
|Sampling mischievous beers at Hijinx Brewing in...||Nov 19||silly rabbit||1|
|Weird and wonderful beers are judged at the ALE... (Apr '16)||Apr '16||Phyllis Schlafly ...||1|
|Copper City Brewing coming to Rome (Mar '16)||Apr '16||This||17|
|Atlanta Stove Works reborn as Marthasville Brew... (Aug '08)||Feb '16||hoofus||45|
|Beer brewing made easy (Jan '16)||Jan '16||Swampman||1|
|Brewing beer, making ice cream and now a shop a... (Nov '15)||Nov '15||other routes||1|
|How 'Home Brew' Email Servers Like Hillary Clin... (Aug '15)||Aug '15||spocko||1|
Find what you want!
Search Homebrewing Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC