Mad about mead, a honey of a drink

Mad about mead, a honey of a drink

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 5, 2009, titled Mad about mead, a honey of a drink. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The fermented honey-wine known as mead was the nectar of Vikings and the toast of Anglo-Saxon England, enjoyed by warriors and lords alike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Jan Fisher

Pine Island, MN

#1 Aug 5, 2009
Yes, I am Betty's Dad. The mead tastes great. One item not mentioned, the mead changes its taste as it warms up. That is, if you start with the mead chilled, it has changes in its taste as your glass and the bottle warm up. For me, some of the flavors are fine no matter what the temperature. But some of the flavors seem stronger warm than when chilled.

Best advice, try the various flavors. You are sure to find one that you like as well as some you might not. But none of them would cause you to spit it out.
Joan Hepsworth

Tampa, FL

#2 Aug 14, 2009
I've known and loved these folks for a very long time!! Their Mead and all it's variations are the best I've tasted. Treat yourself and your loved ones to their wares!! It's good for the soul. Love you guys!!!
Home brew

Ash Flat, AR

#3 Nov 8, 2009
Been home brewing for a long time now. I have been wanting to try mead, But don't know where to start in making it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Homebrewing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitchburg welcomed our business warmly Jul '17 Billy slob 6
News Sampling mischievous beers at Hijinx Brewing in... (Nov '16) Nov '16 silly rabbit 1
News Weird and wonderful beers are judged at the ALE... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Copper City Brewing coming to Rome (Mar '16) Apr '16 This 17
News Atlanta Stove Works reborn as Marthasville Brew... (Aug '08) Feb '16 hoofus 45
News Beer brewing made easy (Jan '16) Jan '16 Swampman 1
News Brewing beer, making ice cream and now a shop a... (Nov '15) Nov '15 other routes 1
More from around the web