African-American mtDNA and regional p...

African-American mtDNA and regional populations of Africa

There are 49 comments on the John Hawks Anthropology Weblog story from Mar 17, 2010, titled African-American mtDNA and regional populations of Africa. In it, John Hawks Anthropology Weblog reports that:

I'm attending a symposium on genetics and genealogy of the African Diaspora this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at John Hawks Anthropology Weblog.

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#27 Mar 20, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
i know we have seminoles on our mothers side of the family, haven't learned much about them though.
i am wondering that as they tend to study the dna of more and more african americans will even be a larger percentage of us with native american geneology? according to the article, the samples they have studied so far is like 40% percent non-african lineage.
that is an incredibly surprising percentage!
Yeah it is! I also know that the black NA's and the Seminoles are two of the twelve tribes of Israel.(Gad for the black NA's and Reuben for the Floridian Seminoles.) I also read one old article from a while back about a light skinned black man from California that has no African ancestry, but Indian ancestry making him indigenous to America! More proof that we've been here before the white man had showed up on our shores!

“HOREM AKHET”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#28 Mar 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
There were no black people in America before Columbus. There is no proof to say otherwise.
WRONG.here's the proof,"boy" http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews...

“HOREM AKHET”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#29 Mar 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
There were no black people in America before Columbus. There is no proof to say otherwise.
talk to me
Proud black_african guy

Västerlanda, Sweden

#30 Mar 20, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
this is very interesting considering there is a large disagreement concerning all black american coming from africa as slaves or whatever during thoses time.
the issue comes from people claiming that there were "black" americans here in america before the africans came and these "black" americans had been here for eons; they were one of the native groups inhabiting this lands way before columbus.
two peoples (that i know of) supporting this stance is the moors and the washitaw empire who were supposedly the ones who built the many "mounds" found on this continent.
http://www.suzar.com/Releases/2r-Mamma3.html#...
anyone know more concerning this subject please add!!
that doesn't change the fact that all black people are original from Africa!!!

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#31 Mar 20, 2010
Proud black_african guy wrote:
<quoted text>that doesn't change the fact that all black people are original from Africa!!!
LOL We know that! It's not like we're saying that we're ashamed to be from Africa id that's what you're thinking!:O

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#32 Mar 20, 2010
Proud black_african guy wrote:
<quoted text>that doesn't change the fact that all black people are original from Africa!!!
yea of course! were just differentiating between the separate waves of migration of us to the americas. one migration being forced.
Proud black_african guy

Västerlanda, Sweden

#33 Mar 20, 2010
Nerdtician wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL We know that! It's not like we're saying that we're ashamed to be from Africa id that's what you're thinking!:O
maybe u not but most AAs are ashamed that their ancestors came from Africa,damn!that pisses me off!!!

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#34 Mar 20, 2010
Proud black_african guy wrote:
<quoted text>maybe u not but most AAs are ashamed that their ancestors came from Africa,damn!that pisses me off!!!
LOL True. The media has alot to do it as they constantly air footage of wars, impoverished Africans, and other negative events in Africa instead of the good things going on. They don't want us AA's showing solidarity with you guys as it's form of unity that they're trying to prevent from happening between the two of us! Once they see Africa for what it is and know more about our beautiful continent's history, that will all change!

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

#35 Mar 20, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
there were separate waves of africans coming here to america. scienctist have no discovered, or admitting that the first africans came here across the bering strait before the asiatic natives.
then we have the west coast navigators and the enslaved africans (who my family is basically comprised of).
there is no evidence supporting the vikings ever coming to north america. they were in canada and fought the natives there for 12 years before they were completely ousted.
im not sure about the chinese but i have learned that they navigated to america and have been here for a very, very long time. got to study up on the chinese one of these days.
-1178 in China The Sung Documents calling the ''Americas''Mu-Lan-Pi'' recorded Afrcan Moorish Moslems transiting the two continents on a regular bases

-1310-Abu Bakri Bey(Abu Bakar Bey)Moorish Moslem Grand Sheik(King)of the Malian Empire launched many ships to 'far-west Amexum(Africa0',later to be called 'The New World''.

-1312 Moorish Mandinga Moslems from Mali,Guinia and Sierra Leone were making some of their last voyages into the interior of North America through the gulf of mexico and up the Mississippi.

European's greatest fear was/is what will happen when the sleeping Moorish giant wakes up and realizes they have been drugged out of their birth rights with falsehood?-Exhuming of a Nation

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#36 Mar 21, 2010
__Peace__ wrote:
<quoted text>
-1178 in China The Sung Documents calling the ''Americas''Mu-Lan-Pi'' recorded Afrcan Moorish Moslems transiting the two continents on a regular bases
-1310-Abu Bakri Bey(Abu Bakar Bey)Moorish Moslem Grand Sheik(King)of the Malian Empire launched many ships to 'far-west Amexum(Africa0',later to be called 'The New World''.
-1312 Moorish Mandinga Moslems from Mali,Guinia and Sierra Leone were making some of their last voyages into the interior of North America through the gulf of mexico and up the Mississippi.
European's greatest fear was/is what will happen when the sleeping Moorish giant wakes up and realizes they have been drugged out of their birth rights with falsehood?-Exhuming of a Nation
where did you get this information? excellent! a lot of native black people know who they are and keep to their ownselves in their own communities....still most of the rest of us just don't have a clue concerning who we are. my family is not native to this land but i plan to do more studying on this subject.

thanks for the inspiration!!
UruEuWauWau

San Jose, CA

#37 Mar 21, 2010
__Peace__ wrote:
<quoted text>
-1178 in China The Sung Documents calling the ''Americas''Mu-Lan-Pi'' recorded Afrcan Moorish Moslems transiting the two continents on a regular bases
-1310-Abu Bakri Bey(Abu Bakar Bey)Moorish Moslem Grand Sheik(King)of the Malian Empire launched many ships to 'far-west Amexum(Africa0',later to be called 'The New World''.
-1312 Moorish Mandinga Moslems from Mali,Guinia and Sierra Leone were making some of their last voyages into the interior of North America through the gulf of mexico and up the Mississippi.
European's greatest fear was/is what will happen when the sleeping Moorish giant wakes up and realizes they have been drugged out of their birth rights with falsehood?-Exhuming of a Nation
Are we serious?! Maurs/Moors were Muslim Berbers, Arabs & Tuaregs. The only member of these group to have been capable of sailing over huge distances, & had proven it, were Arabs!! Tuaregs & Berbers, like all Saharan people were best on the land, crossing the deserts. Another group of sailors were Saracens! But again, the crucial element capable of navigating this far were Arabs. There was no sub-Saharan N*gr*id population crossing Siberia ever. They would have all died. There is a valid reason why dark-skinned people are found only along equatorial tropical belt. There is no any narrative or written record among Africans that could ever confirm such a joke. As a matter of fact, the first Europeans to discover the New World were Vikings, & it's been proven by the indigenous people in Canada, as well as by the runic inscriptions found among the Nordic populations.

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

#38 Mar 21, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
where did you get this information? excellent! a lot of native black people know who they are and keep to their ownselves in their own communities....still most of the rest of us just don't have a clue concerning who we are. my family is not native to this land but i plan to do more studying on this subject.
thanks for the inspiration!!
This book(The Exhuming of a Nation).You're welcome,dont let pale skin trolls like the one's in this thread try to fool you by regurjitating lies and propoganda.

Peace
Proud black_african guy

Sweden

#39 Mar 21, 2010
Nerdtician wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL True. The media has alot to do it as they constantly air footage of wars, impoverished Africans, and other negative events in Africa instead of the good things going on. They don't want us AA's showing solidarity with you guys as it's form of unity that they're trying to prevent from happening between the two of us! Once they see Africa for what it is and know more about our beautiful continent's history, that will all change!
this is the best quote that I have ever read on this forum,keep it man!!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#40 Mar 21, 2010
__Peace__ wrote:
<quoted text>
-1178 in China The Sung Documents calling the ''Americas''Mu-Lan-Pi'' recorded Afrcan Moorish Moslems transiting the two continents on a regular bases
-1310-Abu Bakri Bey(Abu Bakar Bey)Moorish Moslem Grand Sheik(King)of the Malian Empire launched many ships to 'far-west Amexum(Africa0',later to be called 'The New World''.
-1312 Moorish Mandinga Moslems from Mali,Guinia and Sierra Leone were making some of their last voyages into the interior of North America through the gulf of mexico and up the Mississippi.
European's greatest fear was/is what will happen when the sleeping Moorish giant wakes up and realizes they have been drugged out of their birth rights with falsehood?-Exhuming of a Nation
I heard that Abu Bakari was mistaken as being Quetzalcoatl by the later "Mayans".

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#41 Mar 21, 2010
Proud black_african guy wrote:
<quoted text>this is the best quote that I have ever read on this forum,keep it man!!!!!
Thanks bro. Black and proud forever!
Proud black_african guy

Sweden

#42 Mar 21, 2010
Nerdtician wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks bro. Black and proud forever!
yeah we are proud to be blacks and we will always be!!!
wwman uk

London, UK

#43 Mar 21, 2010
__Peace__ wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,many if not mostof the so called blacks(Moors)in the west were already here before columbus or any european set foot here.Maybe this is why the current census still classifies us as ''negro'' as to not have to recognize our indiginous rights.:
http://www.artforthemasses.us/castacon/viewto...
-FREDERICK A. PETERSON
IT IS A FACT THAT THE FIRST SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE EXPLORERS FOUND COLONIES OF BLACK MEN ON THE EASTERN COAST OF SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA, AND IN YUCATAN AND NICARAGUA.....THIS AFRICAN RELIGIOUS INFLUENCE HAD A PROFOUND EFFECT ON THE MAYAN PEOPLE; AND THEIR DESCENDANTS STILL CHERISH THE OLD TRADITIONS, EVEN TO THE PRESENT DAY.
THE CONNECTION ANCIENT NAGUALISM HAS TO THE BLACK INDIANS SPIRITS THAT DEFINE THE CHANGANI NTOTO LINE OF PALO KONGO WORSHIP BECOMES QUITE APPARENT WHEN WE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHAT THE EARLY WHITE EXPLORERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT SOME OF THE NATIVES THEY CAME ACROSS IN CENTRAL AMERICA. IN RECENT TIMES THE DISCOVERY OF ANCIENT AFRICAN SKULLS IN MEXICO AND THE CARIBBEAN THAT SUGGEST THAT EGYPTIANS AND WEST AFRICANS COLONIZED THE AMERICAS LONG BEFORE THE COMING OF COLUMBUS. THE SKULLS OF THESE PRE-COLUMBIAN BLACKS PROVE THAT COLUMBUS AND A HAND FULL OF OTHER EARLY WHITE EXPLORERS LEFT US WITH A VERY ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF THE CENTRAL AMERICAN NATIVES THEY BELIEVED WERE WEST AFRICANS AND MOORS FROM AL-ANDALUS. THE WHITE MAN WAS AWARE OF THE WEST AFRICANS AND MOABITE MOORS THAT RULED THE ANCIENT AMERICAS LONG BEFORE THE BLACK CHEROKEE PROPHET NOBLE DREW ALI CAME AND PREACHED THIS SURPRESSED PIECE OF NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY TO THOUSANDS OF DISPLACED BLACK INDIANS AND MOORS OF AMERICA THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO BE PROTECTED UNDER THE MOROCCAN TREATY OF 1787. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE WORDS OF FERDINAND COLUMBUS, ONE OF THE FOUR SONS OF CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS. IN HIS JOURNEL FERDINAND STATEDD THAT HIS FATHER HAD SEEN NEGROES NORTH OF HONDURAS. ALSO, THERE IS THE TESTIMONY OF BALBOA. WHILE COMING DOWN THE SLOPES OF QUAREQUA, WHICH IS NOW PART OF PANAMA, BALBOA SAW A NEGROE THAT HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY THE MONGOLIAN INDIANS. BALBOA QUESTION THE NATIVES ABOUT THIS NEGROE PRISONER. HE LEARNED FROM THE NATIVES HE QUESTIONED THAT THE MONGOLIAN INDIANS WERE FIGHTING A WAR IN PANAMA WITH THESE BLACK AFRICANS. THE NATIVES ALSO TOLD BALBOA THAT BLACK AFRICANS LIVED IN A VERY LARGE SETTLEMENT THAT WAS NOT TOO FAR AWAY
Yer an der the first man on the moon waz black
wwman uk

London, UK

#44 Mar 21, 2010
Proud black_african guy wrote:
<quoted text>maybe u not but most AAs are ashamed that their ancestors came from Africa,damn!that pisses me off!!!
Is it not a fact that a lighter skined coloured man calls himself black and looks down on a man with darker skin can anyone explain this ??
Real Native History

United States

#45 Mar 24, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
this is very interesting considering there is a large disagreement concerning all black american coming from africa as slaves or whatever during thoses time.
the issue comes from people claiming that there were "black" americans here in america before the africans came and these "black" americans had been here for eons; they were one of the native groups inhabiting this lands way before columbus.
two peoples (that i know of) supporting this stance is the moors and the washitaw empire who were supposedly the ones who built the many "mounds" found on this continent.
http://www.suzar.com/Releases/2r-Mamma3.html#...
anyone know more concerning this subject please add!!
From what I read all real native indians are of afroasian lineage and shocking SO ARE THE REAL HEBREWS, so from this I would assume if your american black or even an american indian that doesn't look like a 1950 cowboy movie with white features and can trace no slave history like the majority of blacks in this country then you are native american because after all white history tells us that indians came from asia (which is true) and now this fits perfect and the one truth they intentionally left out was the afro-asian lineage asia and africa do connect and people with color do favor in those regions and also favor black americans and native americans as well as south americans, people in the islands, etc.!!!
Read this page below
http://warofthewords777.tripod.com/
Malcolm

Brea, CA

#46 Mar 24, 2010
For those who dispute that Africans were in what is now called the Americas, the problems many Europeans authors of the subject have is there credibility the evidence is overwhelming that maps of the Americas existed prior to Columbus and Magellan.

http://www.cambridgemuslims.info/DidYouKnow/A...

This 10th century map clearly shows the Americas, a full 500 years before Columbus which means that Western historians are not only lying to us, but are concealing centuries of scholarship and information in effort to maintain a White supremacy worldview, a mythological worldview.

The book advertised with the link 'Deeper Roots' by Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick goes very deep into West African travels across the Atlantic in the 14th centuries, and he quotes Spanish officials who acknowledge that Blacks were in the Western hemisphere when Christopher Columbus made his first voyage.

It's not difficult to travel across the ocean because the currents take you straight into Brazil and the Carribean.

It's pure racism to think that Black Africans couldn't do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genealogy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lee County Library: 75 years of knowledge Mon Google It 8
News Tahiti: Looking for lost family? (Jun '07) Aug 19 tahitian 74
News Peotone Town Chatter (Jul '12) Aug 19 Jenny 21
News Winnipeg presentation to tell the little-known ... Jul 31 highway391north - MB 1
News Genealogy Query - KINCAID (Dec '07) Jul '16 Stevie 8
News Library conference teachers say DNA may alter r... Jul '16 Oh No You Di-nt 3
News Doubts arise over history of Galena's Murder Bo... (May '13) Jun '16 wcfireman 18
More from around the web