Colonial life: A stitch in old times

Full story: Connecticut Post

Women of today have no idea how good they've got it. Modern conveniences are not limited to automobiles, computers and timesaving gadgets like washing machines.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sam willows

Durham, CT

#1 Nov 19, 2007
What a great feature on Jane Platt. How about everyone putting on Colonial and Indian attire in celebration of Thanksgiving. All over America ... a truly national day of remembrance.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 11, 2011
Those were the good old days. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#4 Feb 14, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Those were the good old days. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
Praise the Lord
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#5 Feb 14, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Those were the good old days. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
-Women of today have no idea how good they've got it. Modern conveniences are not limited to automobiles, computers and timesaving gadgets like washing machines-

Men of today have no idea how good they've got it either.
Modern conveniences allow them to become a couch potatoe and enjoy getting fat and frumpy drinking beer & eatng pizza instead of milking the cows and shoveling snow instead of using a snowblower.
Men of today don't have to put tire chains on their cars.
and on and on and on.......
story should have included both sexes
A Farmer

Waterbury, CT

#6 Feb 14, 2011
More stupid comments from Dummy Zelda, go away.
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#7 Feb 15, 2011
A Farmer wrote:
More stupid comments from Dummy Zelda, go away.
a farmer?
then you should know how easy it is today compared to colonial life
Citizen

Clinton, CT

#8 Feb 15, 2011
Someone should compile a list of Sam's aliases

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#9 Feb 15, 2011
Citizen wrote:
Someone should compile a list of Sam's aliases
I believe Ava has Archived the past three or more years most his his names..I think she & I agree the best ones were Kunoch(spelling?)Metimucil, Forgive me I can't help it but in reflection I can't help from ROTFLMAO..you have no idea what we have contended with...haha
Citizen

Clinton, CT

#10 Feb 16, 2011
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Ava has Archived the past three or more years most his his names..I think she & I agree the best ones were Kunoch(spelling?)Metimucil, Forgive me I can't help it but in reflection I can't help from ROTFLMAO..you have no idea what we have contended with...haha
What does 'kunoch' mean? The names he comes up with are a bit fascinating to me because they are so disparate. It''s not like he's opening an old encyclopedia and picking a word. It varies between phrases, nouns, verbs, adverbs, and there's usually a feminine air about the choices.

Best of all, he NEVER acknowledges hiding behind those names, ha ha!! It's like he's holding a plant in front of his face and then 'you can't see me'!!!!
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

#11 Feb 16, 2011
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
What does 'kunoch' mean? The names he comes up with are a bit fascinating to me because they are so disparate. It''s not like he's opening an old encyclopedia and picking a word. It varies between phrases, nouns, verbs, adverbs, and there's usually a feminine air about the choices.
Best of all, he NEVER acknowledges hiding behind those names, ha ha!! It's like he's holding a plant in front of his face and then 'you can't see me'!!!!
I started keeping a list and it got to be in the thousands so I just keep a tab on the insults.Sometimes he gets his names from the articles or advertisements on the side of the posts and other times they just float around in his head. Your right it is really funny as he thinks he is fooling us.
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#12 Feb 16, 2011
sam willows wrote:
What a great feature on Jane Platt. How about everyone putting on Colonial and Indian attire in celebration of Thanksgiving. All over America ... a truly national day of remembrance.
right Indian Sam?

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#13 Feb 16, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I started keeping a list and it got to be in the thousands so I just keep a tab on the insults.Sometimes he gets his names from the articles or advertisements on the side of the posts and other times they just float around in his head. Your right it is really funny as he thinks he is fooling us.
ROTFLMAO...I really cannot control how much this whole scenario cracks me up...sort of a Psycho drama on Lifetime channel...s/b "THE MAN OF MANY NAMES"

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#14 Feb 16, 2011
Do I hear an ECHO..wth 2 times my comment posted?? Well I'll be a metamucil..haha
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#15 Feb 16, 2011
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO...I really cannot control how much this whole scenario cracks me up...sort of a Psycho drama on Lifetime channel...s/b "THE MAN OF MANY NAMES"
good one TGP!
Love the Title!!!
and yes, these forums ARE totally hilarious!
A Stitch

Waterbury, CT

#16 Feb 16, 2011
ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>Praise the Lord
Please Lord, take Zelda, Phyllis, Ava, Bridgeporter and Citizen computers away for good. Thank you.
A Stitch

Waterbury, CT

#17 Feb 16, 2011
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
Do I hear an ECHO..wth 2 times my comment posted?? Well I'll be a metamucil..haha
You need to take more of Metamucil because you full of Manure. Shut up and get a life.

Judged:

12

12

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
A Stitch

Waterbury, CT

#18 Feb 16, 2011
ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>right Indian Sam?
Leave Sam alone, fool.
A Stitch

Waterbury, CT

#19 Feb 16, 2011
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
Do I hear an ECHO..wth 2 times my comment posted?? Well I'll be a metamucil..haha
Do you hear voices in your head? You are the reason why your younger daughter have mental problems. Leave Sam and her alone.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Beast of the Field

Waccabuc, NY

#20 Feb 16, 2011
A nigger Bitch named sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave niggy Sam alone, fool.
yup
yup

Waccabuc, NY

#21 Feb 16, 2011
Beast of the Field name Sam wrote:
<quoted text>yup Sam is a fugly nig ger retart
yup

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genealogy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Northwest African American Museum: What to ... Aug 25 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
EASTER HOUSE ADOPTEES please post here Aug 23 EASTERHOUSEADOPTEEs 1
Jeremy? Benjamin ? are you adopted and looki... Aug 19 whatever 1
Any 60,s 70,s cook county ILLINOIS adoptee ma... Aug 19 whatever 1
GenForum will be a read only format starting Se... Aug 12 leavehimalone 2
All DNA Traces Back to Original African Black M... (Jun '09) Aug 9 arp13 1,104
Doubts arise over history of Galena's Murder Bo... (May '13) Jul '14 Pete 17
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Ashburn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Genealogy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••