Morgan County Genealogy Society will ...

Morgan County Genealogy Society will meet Dec. 13 - Brush News-Tribune

There are 2 comments on the Brush News-Tribune story from Dec 8, 2010, titled Morgan County Genealogy Society will meet Dec. 13 - Brush News-Tribune. In it, Brush News-Tribune reports that:

The Genealogy Society will have its monthly meeting at the East Morgan County Library in Brush on the evening of December 13 at 7p.m. The topic for the meeting will by "Homesteading in Eastern Colorado," with local historian Dale Stinton leading a discussion and talking about the Homestead Act that brought thousands of immigrants into this area in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brush News-Tribune.

Don Albers

Olympia, WA

#1 Dec 12, 2010
Con Hallahan, Being the mail carrier signed off on many Homestead papers as he had first hand evidence that the Homesteaders proved up on their claim. Con had his homestead South east of the Gary school and I believe the property is still in the Hallahan family! I have a homestead dead of some property on the Beaver creek that my grandfather brought hanging in a picture frame on the wall. My grandfather homesteaded (320 acres) some land West of Woodrow in what was then Arapahoe County south of the south Morgan county line and later selling it for the Albers Gary ranch which he owned for 40 years.
Don Albers

Olympia, WA

#2 Dec 12, 2010
Another interesting Homestead fact is that moms uncle Max Peterson homesteaded a piece of land in the sand hills just south of Brush that had not been claimed until the oil boom in the 1950's, He wanted the oil rights to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genealogy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ghost sign: Who was G.A. Snider? This history s... Mar 22 Halton County 1
News I found century-old glass negatives on my paren... Mar 12 Pat 1
Lower Bucks Genealogists - News Article Jan '17 lbgc19047 1
Speaking of DNA and the Middle East Tree of Lif... Jan '17 Thomas Milton Tin... 1
News Genealogy Query - MEDLEY (Jan '06) Jan '17 BirthMotherSearching 3
News All DNA Traces Back to Original African Black M... (Jun '09) Nov '16 Moses 1,108
News Free Woods: 19th century community unique in area (Feb '11) Nov '16 Luther 3
More from around the web