Man Finds 188-Year-Old Bible In Dump Bin

Full story: Kdka.com 32
Electrician Michael Hoskins is not averse to browsing when he drops off trash at the Route 41 dump bin, and a recent visit rewarded his curiosity. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vickies english teacher

United States

#22 Aug 29, 2009
Vickie Sue Kammiller wrote:
P.S. Did you not hear this man tell you that he knew there had to be a family Bible out there somewhere? In other words it is of great importance to this man to find it. Only it found him instead! Your contacting this man is really God leading you to this man of whom God is checking out your obediance to Him in rather you give it FREELY to this man He has lead you to. OBEY HIM, the consenquences will not be worth the amount of money you may get for this Bible.
First check you're spelling-then take the plank out of you're own eye before you take the splinter out of others-then remember the teachings of the bible when you are bar hopping in east Dubuqe!
Vickies english teacher

United States

#23 Aug 29, 2009
first off check your spelling-duh-second take the plank out of your own eye before you take the splinter out of another-third remember the teachings of the bible as you are bar hopping in East Dubuque!
Anne

Rydalmere, Australia

#24 Jan 4, 2010
Fletcher John Ivison wrote:
Hi, I have been trying to locate a family connected to fletcher for over 12 years. the bible is date 1802 and there is a 130 yr old letter from his mother in it.
Thats as much information I am willing to give.
thanks
Hi I just saw the information about Fletcher John Ivison and have connections to his family. How can I get in contact with about the bible. I live in NSW, Australia
rlockhart

Grand Rapids, MI

#25 Sep 13, 2010
Marie wrote:
I have been researching the history of the Lockhart family from Osceola County in Michigan. In the 1870 census records of Leroy Michigan, a John Lockhart, age 32, settled there from virginia, and five others, including a Jacob Lockhart came from Ohio. Would like copies of the genealogy and family names from the book. That would be great. This is a great find for him and I wish him luck with it.
Hi, my name is Randy lockhart, I was wondering if you had gotten a copy of this bible or have an email address of this person. I'm not able to open the email address to read the full story or to get an email address. My Grandfather was Alton Lockhart and My great Grandfather was John D. Lockhart of Leroy MI. Thank Randy
Eleanor Enoch

Dawsonville, GA

#26 Sep 18, 2010
Hello, my name is Eleanor Enoch Gooch. Would like to research information regarding the 188 year old Bible belonging to Issac Enoch. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Eleanor Enoch

Dawsonville, GA

#27 Sep 18, 2010
Hello, anyone out there who can share information regarding the 188 yr. old Bible belonging to Issac Enoch would be so greatly appreciated. I live in Dahlonega, GA., e-mail. egooch@windstream.net
mark walters

West Chester, OH

#28 Sep 21, 2010
keep the bible you found it they should not have threw it away keep it or sell it back to them im all about doing the right thing and finders keepers losers cry and it sounds like theres a lot of cry babies out there
ExVaResident

Johnson City, TN

#29 Oct 8, 2010
The interested parties should be content to receive xerox copies of the births, deaths, etc., written into the Bible. If I had found it, I would provide these if the party sent postage and a cover charge.

Would I feel obligated to return it to any one of a dozen claimants? No!
truthgiver

Danville, VA

#30 Jun 10, 2011
......it should have been tossed back in...it would have done more good for humanity to rot away...along with ALL the rest of the christian culture...hard to see how a christian can hate a muslim or a hebrew yet their faith came from the same locations...and was ripped from faiths that predated ANY of them

“Grab all the good”

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#31 Jun 10, 2011
I bought a bible form the 1860's in a garage sales for a buck. It was in very good condition too

“Grab all the good”

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#32 Jun 10, 2011
truthgiver wrote:
......it should have been tossed back in...it would have done more good for humanity to rot away...along with ALL the rest of the christian culture...hard to see how a christian can hate a muslim or a hebrew yet their faith came from the same locations...and was ripped from faiths that predated ANY of them
Why do you hate the culture of this country?
Sam Mills

Knoxville, TN

#33 Jul 3, 2011
you can never know what you will find in the dump like that http://nabacar.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genealogy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legacy of famous Texas frontier family thrives Sat WorkerBees 1
Ideal Maternity Home survivor finds his roots Dec 2 joan of NYadoptees 1
EASTER HOUSE ADOPTEES please post here Nov '14 joanNYadoptees 3
RSS body seeks to prove Indian Muslims are Hindus Nov '14 Yupp111 3
Solving Family Mysteries (Oct '13) Oct '14 Alti2de 3
Oakville Votes: Ann Harvey Hope, Oakville Halto... Oct '14 can we trust trus... 1
Genealogy Query - HAUGHTON (May '08) Sep '14 Winson Saw 3
More from around the web