Yvonne White

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2006

I am searching for anyone related to The Bishop John White family. He was a clerical in Church of God in Christ Church. His family base was in the South. Some names were Gladys Nell, Sidney, Norman, Thelma and Edwina. I remember names but do not know where they are.
Yvonne
Solomon Robbins

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

Hello, I was doing a search on my family in Louisiana today and stumbled on this link. I'm from Seattle, Washington though my family moved from Shreveport, Louisiana back in the 1960's. I am a member of the Church of God in Christ as well as my family.

My mother's side are Horton's and her mother, the late Missionary Jessie Lee Young-Horton is the daughter of the late Elder Lee Young, Sr. and Mother Nettie Pearl White. She is the sister of the late Supt. L.H. White of Shreveport. Currently the oldest matriarch in our family in Seattle is Mother Gertrude Young who is our State Supervisor of Women in Washington State C.O.G.I.C.

I know Bishop John Walter White was the prelate over the First Jurisdiction of Louisiana and my family was under him but I'm not certain we are related. Some churches where my family still presides are Stoner Hill C.O.G.I.C.(Pastor Timothy Horton) are 80th Street C.O.G.I.C.(Pastor Winbush)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••