Tishomingo museum seeks help, funding

Tishomingo museum seeks help, funding

There are 1 comment on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Aug 6, 2012, titled Tishomingo museum seeks help, funding. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Courthouse Museum in Iuka is seeking a variety of help to continue its role as a historical mirror for the region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

tubby

Pearl, MS

#1 Aug 6, 2012
Are You Tired Of Losing Tax Money?
I do not know about other people that live in Tishomingo County but I do know that I am tired of going to these places across the state lines and to Corinth, MS and Baldwyn, MS and just sitting in the parking lot looking at the Tishomingo County car tags that are pulling into these stores and leaving all of these tax dollars of ours. It is a crying shame that Tishomingo County is losing all of these tax dollars. Being as that alcohol is not sold in Tishomingo County we are losing hundreds of thousands in tax dollars. What is so bad about it is that it has not stopped anyone from buying and drinking alcohol. So why don’t you people of Tishomingo County wake up and realize that it does not matter if it is sold in other counties or in other states or if it is sold here in Tishomingo County the people that are going to drink it are going to drink it no matter where they have to buy it at. By you not signing this petition and trying to keep this from going to a vote it is not going to stop people from buying alcohol. Some people have made a statement that if I had to pay for these adds that I would not be putting these big adds in the paper, this is to all the people that think that these adds are free. If you buy a whole page in the paper it costs $300 dollars. If you buy a half of a page in the paper it costs $150 dollars. If I just put the petition in the paper by itself that costs me $125 dollars. So when you people add all of this up and count my gas for going all over Tishomingo County and setting up to get these signatures I have spent pretty close to $40,000 dollars on this petition. If you think that I am going to quit after spending all this money and time on this then you have got to be crazy. I have told you people time and time again that there is no deadline on this petition. From the first day that I turned in signatures to the Tishomingo County Courthouse and they counted them and certified them it made this petition drive open forever. Even if something happens to me. If I was to up and die all someone else has got to do is take this petition up and keep on pushing it until it gets to a vote. There is no reason for you people to hope that I will die because I have already got someone lined up to keep the petition going until it gets to the polls to be voted on and the money set aside to keep pushing it with. So either way that it goes someday this will be put on the ballots to be voted on. If it is put on this November election it will not cost the tax payers a dime. If it is not we will have to do a special election. If we have to do a special election it will costs the tax payers of Tishomingo County twenty-thousand dollars in tax money. If you people think that this is going to die out then you better think again. The petition is in the Tishomingo County Newspaper this week on Thursday August 9, 2012. Let’s get this over with for it is not going away until it gets to the polls to be voted on. I definitely know that I only need 283 more signatures. I have some more in the courthouse that have not been counted yet. I do thank everyone that has already signed the petition. It looks like the city petition is going to be another 3 or 4 months before it will be on the books to where I can start it according to Jackson, MS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genealogy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Genealogy Query - KINCAID (Dec '07) 10 hr Stevie 8
News Library conference teachers say DNA may alter r... Jul 15 Oh No You Di-nt 3
News Doubts arise over history of Galena's Murder Bo... (May '13) Jun '16 wcfireman 18
News What's Going On Jun '16 Community Disorga... 3
News Publisher reissues genealogies of early South C... Apr '16 Lucy 1
News Tahiti: Looking for lost family? (Jun '07) Mar '16 Carmille Ngatuakana 60
News Vernon Historical Society to launch the Simmons... Mar '16 Jethro 2
More from around the web