Enloe Museum's Richard Duncan capture...

Enloe Museum's Richard Duncan captures Delta County history

There are 5 comments on the North Texas e-News story from Jul 11, 2011, titled Enloe Museum's Richard Duncan captures Delta County history. In it, North Texas e-News reports that:

Unique in many ways, the Mary Slough Museum in downtown Enloe, seven miles northeast of Cooper is likely to become a favorite Texas historical showcase for visitors who spend an hour with Richard Duncan, director of research, genealogist, and chief volunteer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Texas e-News.

sweet caroline

Overbrook, OK

#1 Jul 11, 2011
I believe the name is Clara Foster Slough Museum, but everything else is right. It is well worth a trip to Enloe, but be sure and allow yourself plenty of time to tour the museum. If you are lucky enough to go when Richard Duncan is there, you are in for a special treat. He is a storehouse of information. Wish I'd had more time when I was there. Will certainly go back.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Jul 11, 2011
sweet caroline wrote:
I believe the name is Clara Foster Slough Museum, but everything else is right. It is well worth a trip to Enloe, but be sure and allow yourself plenty of time to tour the museum. If you are lucky enough to go when Richard Duncan is there, you are in for a special treat. He is a storehouse of information. Wish I'd had more time when I was there. Will certainly go back.
That sounds interesting. Do you know the days and hours they are open?
sweet caroline

Overbrook, OK

#3 Jul 12, 2011
Best I recall, they are open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I know there was a sign on the front with phone numbers to call if nobody was at the museum.
Tiger fan

Dallas, TX

#4 Jul 13, 2011
more info can be found about the museum at www.enloemuseum.blogspot.com . They are open most weekends and by appointment during the week.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 10, 2012
The history there is so rich

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genealogy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doubts arise over history of Galena's Murder Bo... (May '13) Jun 5 wcfireman 18
News What's Going On Jun 4 Community Disorga... 3
News Publisher reissues genealogies of early South C... Apr '16 Lucy 1
News Tahiti: Looking for lost family? (Jun '07) Mar '16 Carmille Ngatuakana 60
News Vernon Historical Society to launch the Simmons... Mar '16 Jethro 2
News TV Show's Revelation About Dustin Hoffman's Roo... Mar '16 George 8
News Kalaupapa tribute planned Jan '16 LJAINAK77 1
More from around the web