Former African-American School in Waynesboro Holds Reunion

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Former students from Rosenwald High School in Waynesboro are celebrating its history as the city's African-American high school from 1926 to 1965.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Bob Cordon

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I don't understand why you bother making a big fuss over heavy thunderstorms coming in ahead of this magical cool front; look at your radar: There ARE NO thunderstorms. I live in the city; not one drop of rain the ENTIRE day. No thunderstorms: no cool front. I wish we had someone who could forecast cville weather correctly.
yep

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Back when these guys were in school they were called colored people, since then they have had so many names. I think it's pc to call them african-american now.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

yep wrote:
Back when these guys were in school they were called colored people, since then they have had so many names. I think it's pc to call them african-american now.
african-american is such a mouthful
obama spent half of his speech the other day saying african-american, someone should come up with an short and sweet pc acronym
how bout AA?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

or 2A
rolls of the tongue easier
Albemarle Patriot

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

huck wrote:
<quoted text>
obama spent half of his speech the other day saying african-american, someone should come up with an short and sweet pc acronym
how bout AA?
It's not that hard for most people to say. I suggest you enroll in speech therapy classes.
Bob

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

It's nice to see an article such as this one without the usual lectures on slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, etc.
Pen

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

How about just calling them black? I'm sure none of the people in attendance have ever even been to Africa. I'm not sure why black is so offensive. Is white offensive too?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Pen wrote:
How about just calling them black? I'm sure none of the people in attendance have ever even been to Africa. I'm not sure why black is so offensive. Is white offensive too?
I thought black was pc.
I don't know why the Pres felt African-American was more pc (maybe cause he's black?)
It's not that I can't say it, it just takes forever compared to a one syllable word, and he musta repeated it at least 30 times. I thought he was trying to hypnotize me.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

or lull me into a false sense of security :)
WTH

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

huck wrote:
<quoted text>
how bout AA?
Well, it would be nice to call 'them' just 'Americans' but for some reason, the very thing 'they' have wanted for so long is just not good enough so 'they' want to be called something 'distinct' like 'African American' or 'Black'. Quite frankly, I really don't know how to identify so I just don't say anything (but then that makes everyone mad too)
lol
too much....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••