NM seaplane ban opposed

Oct 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AOPA Pilot

New Mexico officials should work with pilots on mutual goals rather than adopt a state agency's plan to ban seaplanes from public waters, AOPA said in a state regulatory filing.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
inspection

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

as long as these aircraft are subject to the same inspections as boat owners are before entering EB lake, I have no problem with it.

The fact that an inspection is obviously NOT going to happen is what my real problem is with the continued allowance of seaplanes coming and going as they please.

Once zebra gets established at EB lake, kiss the chile industry goodbye as irrigation maintenance will become so costly, nobody is going to want to pay the price and lawsuits will rule the day.
wwindus

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

1. The Seaplane Pilots Association (SPA) has a very effective invasive species prevention protocol in place, and it is being followed. See
http://100thmeridian.org/videolibrary.asp , 5th DVD down.

2. This protocol is under review by one of the foremost invasive species researchers and a web-based training program with printable "Certificate of Completion" after passing the included test is under development.

3. Many seaplanes if not most, are amphibious and can be inspected on the ground at an airport before landing in the water. They also spend most of their time out of the water so they can easily be drained and dried.

Thus prohibiting seaplanes from landing on the lakes in New Mexico is clearly over reaching.
with best intention

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

you will not find anybody certified to inspect an airplane for AIS at any airport in NM. That's my problem. Please tell me I'm wrong about that and we have inspectors at every body of water between here and there.

It just take one expecting quagga to spawn a million more..and then it's all over for us, while the plane flies off into the sunset.

watercraft owned by local residents which have never been out of state must get inspected, and these also spend most of their time out of water, yet we're waiting in line for an inspection on a busy weekend. I've already complained to the NMSP service that not only the boat, but the launch vehicle must be inspected and tagged.

This is in my opinion a bit of an overreach for well heeled aircraft owners who want to land directly on the lake for what purpose?

Oh right..you can't rent a car at the local airport here in t or c..but that's a whole other issue.

We're praying that aircraft owners will do the right thing and land at a facility we maintain for their pleasure. I've seen what happened at Lake Meade, I've paid the outrageous inspection fees at Lake Tahoe.

If these these critters get into the rio and spread further..and the lack of water won't be the only problem we have in the future.
sorry. Sorry, I just can't be in favor of this given the possible consequences. Call me narrow minded and selfish if you like, but please take a look in the mirror first.

Small airplanes haven't had the best of manners around here and a couple of years ago somebody practicing touch and go's here ended up crashing the water

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Flying Discussions

Search the Flying Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) Jul 11 PEE PEE PETE 22
Allentown's offer for land near airport under s... Jun '14 silly rabbit 1
Sun-N-Fun Full Scale Fly in Jun '14 Major 1
Anybody have reviews about Sheble Aviation in K... (Jan '09) May '14 John Castro 44
Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... May '14 carroll county people 5
NAHA launches Wright factory fundraising study Apr '14 Dark Dumbass Dimuhcrat 2
The end of 3rd-class medical certificates? Apr '14 Common Sense 1
•••
•••