Hardy Works To Rebound From Years Of ...

Hardy Works To Rebound From Years Of Recession

There are 118 comments on the Main Street Hardy story from Aug 7, 2012, titled Hardy Works To Rebound From Years Of Recession. In it, Main Street Hardy reports that:

A new product and "micro-manufacturing" has Marc Herring's Ozark Classic Craft Mall back on track, and Herring sees new business activity in Hardy as a sign the town is finally bouncing back from years of recession.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Main Street Hardy.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Pineville, AR

#1 Aug 7, 2012
hardy cant bounce back from a recession because it is is always in one. hardy knows no difference. the place is on life support. time to pull the plug.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amen

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Stick a fork in it, it's done. Time to flush that sucker and send all the turds back to Memphis.
Wand 11

Wiseman, AR

#3 Aug 7, 2012
I think Marc is doing a great job, promoting all Hardy business ...He has a national product being distributed straight fron Main Street Hardy..We may not be out of recession, however, it doesn't hurt to promote this wonderful town, instead of trash it and talk negetative about tourist that bring Hardy dollars and jobs..If more people tried to support other local businesses instead of all the infighting and jealousy, we might all benefit from working together...
Memphian

Memphis, TN

#4 Aug 7, 2012
AMEN to that !!!!!!!!!!
Jerry

Rolla, MO

#5 Aug 7, 2012
I was checking out topix to see what is going on in Hardy. I'm in central MO and have driven down to shop antiques, eat and get a motel room. Love Mammoth Springs. Is Beach Club BBQ still on the hill? Are there any restaurants or taverns nearby that have a deck overlooking Spring River?

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

#6 Aug 8, 2012
Jerry wrote:
I was checking out topix to see what is going on in Hardy. I'm in central MO and have driven down to shop antiques, eat and get a motel room. Love Mammoth Springs. Is Beach Club BBQ still on the hill? Are there any restaurants or taverns nearby that have a deck overlooking Spring River?
If you are looking for a restaurant over looking the spring, GO to the River Bend restaurant in Mammoth Spring. Yes the Beach Club is still here. And don't believe all the BS you hear about the Highlander, It's good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
amanda in drag

Laurel, MD

#8 Aug 8, 2012
Amanda two wrote:
<quoted text> If you are looking for a restaurant over looking the spring, GO to the River Bend restaurant in Mammoth Spring. Yes the Beach Club is still here. And don't believe all the BS you hear about the Highlander, It's good.
Hey Ho de doo, still trying to make friends down here? Amanda is Ho de doo dressed in drag. This guy is a wannabe redneck from Wisconsin who moved down here and helped in a failed solar business. At night this worthless piece of crap parades around trying to play kkk member and is afraid of anything or anybody that doesn't look like him. He probably runs around in the woods on weekends blowing other hooded freaks pretending to be a nut militia group of mindless bigots still thinking this is 1948. When is the FBI going to pay Amanda aka Ho De Doo a little visit so he were his pants?
LawMan

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Aug 9, 2012
WELL MARC! Interesting little article here about your newest ADVENTURE! BUT!!! It sends up some RED FLAGS in the GREAT AND POWERFUL LawMan's eyes! Did you Marc Herring acquire the necessary permits from HARDY'S PLANNING AND ZONING! before you installed this wood cutting machine, known as the SHARK??? You also need to have your building on Main Street Hardy, RE-ZONED!!! AND! RE-ASSESSED FOR TAXES!!! By installing this "SHARK" You have gone from a COMMERCIAL BUILDING TO A INDUSTRIAL BUILDING!!! AND! I do believe that the TOWN OF HARDY! will be informing you to get that DAMN WOOD CUTTING MACHINE OUT OF THAT BUILDING OF YOURS!!! Main St. Hardy isn't Industrial DRIVE! You want to run a FACTORY, then take that F**KING MACHINE TO AN INDUSTRIAL PARK, YOU IDIOT!!! What little business and tourism that Hardy has left! You and your CRAZY WOOD CUTTING MACHINE WILL RUIN IT!!! Why should the other shop owners and people shopping for CRAP AND HORRIBLE DINING! have to be subjected to the NOISE AND FILTH COMING FROM YOUR WOOD CUTTING MACHINE????
LOL

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Aug 9, 2012
Lawman...you are the idiot in these parts. You speak of things you know nothing about. Thank God for Marc and all he's done to keep not only his store going, but making Hardy more fun than its been in years. Your a dope and probably on dope.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LawMan

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Aug 10, 2012
LOL wrote:
Lawman...you are the idiot in these parts. You speak of things you know nothing about. Thank God for Marc and all he's done to keep not only his store going, but making Hardy more fun than its been in years. Your a dope and probably on dope.
I'm a idiot??? I speak of things I know nothing about??? WELL THEN SCUMBAG!!! Print off my post, the ONE that you have doubts ABOUT! Then FAX IT! OR BRING IT! to the Hardy Town Hall and see what they SAY about my planning and zoning FACTS! AND PERMIT LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS! Zoning of COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY!! DON'T FORGET REASSESSMENT OF TAXES!!!! Go ahead F*CK FACE! I challenge you, YOU IGNORANT DOUCHEBAG!!! AND! that goes for anyone ELSE IN HERE!!! Who DOUBTS THE GREAT AND POWERFUL! LawMan!!!
Abe

Mount Pleasant, AR

#13 Aug 10, 2012
LawMan wrote:
WELL MARC! Interesting little article here about your newest ADVENTURE! BUT!!! It sends up some RED FLAGS in the GREAT AND POWERFUL LawMan's eyes! Did you Marc Herring acquire the necessary permits from HARDY'S PLANNING AND ZONING! before you installed this wood cutting machine, known as the SHARK??? You also need to have your building on Main Street Hardy, RE-ZONED!!! AND! RE-ASSESSED FOR TAXES!!! By installing this "SHARK" You have gone from a COMMERCIAL BUILDING TO A INDUSTRIAL BUILDING!!! AND! I do believe that the TOWN OF HARDY! will be informing you to get that DAMN WOOD CUTTING MACHINE OUT OF THAT BUILDING OF YOURS!!! Main St. Hardy isn't Industrial DRIVE! You want to run a FACTORY, then take that F**KING MACHINE TO AN INDUSTRIAL PARK, YOU IDIOT!!! What little business and tourism that Hardy has left! You and your CRAZY WOOD CUTTING MACHINE WILL RUIN IT!!! Why should the other shop owners and people shopping for CRAP AND HORRIBLE DINING! have to be subjected to the NOISE AND FILTH COMING FROM YOUR WOOD CUTTING MACHINE????
Lawman, what a dick. Come on and get real. I don't know what makes you think you are God. You have some mental issues that need to be addressed. I'm not sticking up for the "Shark" guy in particular. I'm sticking up for Hardy in General.We would have to close down all of main street if you say they would have to rezone to industrial. We have a candle manufacturer, we have a man producing musical instrument, another store producing leather goods, purses, billfolds and belts. We have craft stores making trinkets. You got a T-Shirt store producing a plain thirt and making them a razorback shirt, Making jewlery with fishing line and some beads. I can go on and on. It will not happen so just keep on dreaming. I don't know why you have such a Hard-On towards Hardy. But get some help.
WOW

Wilmington, DE

#14 Aug 10, 2012
First no ADA access and now manufacturing in retail sales zoned locations. The City of Hardy and the State of Arkansas need to get on the ball before someone gets hurt or sued or both. This has got to be investigated and stopped. ASAP
Memphian

Memphis, TN

#15 Aug 10, 2012
You know if your city would PUBLISH rules and ordinances for everyone to actually see maybe some logic could be made. It was actually budgeted in LAST YEAR but nothing seems to have been done with those funds either. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, and P.S. LawMan is just a dumb stupid ignorant idiot with no LIFE! Just a sad miserable nothing.
Memphian

Memphis, TN

#16 Aug 10, 2012
LawMan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a idiot??? I speak of things I know nothing about??? WELL THEN SCUMBAG!!! Print off my post, the ONE that you have doubts ABOUT! Then FAX IT! OR BRING IT! to the Hardy Town Hall and see what they SAY about my planning and zoning FACTS! AND PERMIT LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS! Zoning of COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY!! DON'T FORGET REASSESSMENT OF TAXES!!!! Go ahead F*CK FACE! I challenge you, YOU IGNORANT DOUCHEBAG!!! AND! that goes for anyone ELSE IN HERE!!! Who DOUBTS THE GREAT AND POWERFUL! LawMan!!!
I doubt your even human! What we all know is your just a hater who has nothing positive to give or say, in real life or on this topix forum. Oh, if your so concerned, get off your lazy ass and take it to the City...please. You seem to know the LAW so much..then file a complaint...you know put your REAL name on something for once..
Hardy Har Har

Wilmington, DE

#17 Aug 10, 2012
Memphian wrote:
You know if your city would PUBLISH rules and ordinances for everyone to actually see maybe some logic could be made.
The rules are clearly published for all locals to see, we do keep this information on a need to know basis and frankly my dear jackass, you don't need to know.

As for your assertion that financial mis-management is rampant in our city government, one has to look no further then your local paper to find your name in a scandal involving missing funds. Calling others thieves only highlights the fact that your named as one in your local paper. You can't win here as everyone knows your name and your game fat boy.
recipient

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Aug 10, 2012
I went to the Ozark Classic Crafts Mall to ask for donations for a fundraising effort. Marc provided 4 of his Calming Cross' for our event. They sell for $16.50 in his shop, we got $25.00 for each one. Mine is not the only event that Marc donated to, I personally know that he gave one to Barbara Homod from The Downhome Country Kitchen when her husband John recently passed away, and he donated one to HIS funraising event held in Highland earlier in the year. Marc seems to be selflessly sharing his good fortune...Lawman, you should try to emulate that good will instead of taring down someone else who really does support his community and his friends. Seems that he's the real deal, and your the fraud who should be brought up on those same charges that you spew towards others.
Teacher

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Aug 10, 2012
Hardy Har Har wrote:
<quoted text>
The rules are clearly published for all locals to see, we do keep this information on a need to know basis and frankly my dear jackass, you don't need to know.
As for your assertion that financial mis-management is rampant in our city government, one has to look no further then your local paper to find your name in a scandal involving missing funds. Calling others thieves only highlights the fact that your named as one in your local paper. You can't win here as everyone knows your name and your game fat boy.
I have read that article and it seems you have not. The article clearly shows that individual was a victim to a crime. Read the full thing. Here is a follow up to that story http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/feb... Please do us all a favor and show the world you are educated.
Tyrone

Ash Flat, AR

#20 Aug 11, 2012
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read that article and it seems you have not. The article clearly shows that individual was a victim to a crime. Read the full thing. Here is a follow up to that story http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/feb... Please do us all a favor and show the world you are educated.
I hate Fkn teachers about as much as I do cops.
LawMan

Mountain Home, AR

#21 Aug 11, 2012
Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawman, what a dick. Come on and get real. I don't know what makes you think you are God. You have some mental issues that need to be addressed. I'm not sticking up for the "Shark" guy in particular. I'm sticking up for Hardy in General.We would have to close down all of main street if you say they would have to rezone to industrial. We have a candle manufacturer, we have a man producing musical instrument, another store producing leather goods, purses, billfolds and belts. We have craft stores making trinkets. You got a T-Shirt store producing a plain thirt and making them a razorback shirt, Making jewlery with fishing line and some beads. I can go on and on. It will not happen so just keep on dreaming. I don't know why you have such a Hard-On towards Hardy. But get some help.
YOU ABE! Strike me as someone that suffers terribly from A.D.D., DYSLEXIA, OR! perhaps is MILDLY RETARDED!!! BECAUSE! You sure can not comprehend what LawMan is saying. NOW! LISTEN UP RAIN MAN!!! I have no HARD-ON for Hardy. Actually I am looking out for Hardy's interest by helping them COLLECT! unpaid permit fees and taxes! Money in the towns pocket ABE!!! I could care LESS! about store owners making their little crafts in their stores! That is what Hardy is all about. OLD SCHOOL CRAFTSMEN, making and selling their crafts the OLD FASHION WAY!!! These store owners VIOLATE NOTHING!!! BUT!!! When you have people Like MARC HERRING bringing in a BIG INDUSTRIAL PIECE OF MACHINERY!! to mass produce a product!! A whole new can of worms has been opened. NOW! LawMan asked a simple question to you SIMPLETONS!! Did MARC HERRING ask the town of Hardy if it was OK! to install this "SHARK" wood cutting machine in the HISTORICAL BUILDING that he occupies on MAIN ST. HARDY????? Did he get the necessary permits from HARDY FOR THE INSTALLATION???? You do realize these are HISTORICAL BUILDINGS IN DOWNTOWN HARDY AND!!! are not to be TAMPERED WITH IN ANYWAY!!! So another question is.........DID MARC HERRING RUN HIS INSTALLATION BY THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY???? I LawMan am here to protect and serve. I have taken an OATH to UPHOLD THE LAW. So when I see things that are not right.....I AM GOING TO COME DOWN ON YOU LIKE A TON OF BRICKS!!!! SO ABE! Have a nice day and you and your fellow Craftsmen on Main Street Hardy continue on making your crafts the old fashion way.
LawMan

Mountain Home, AR

#22 Aug 11, 2012
recipient wrote:
I went to the Ozark Classic Crafts Mall to ask for donations for a fundraising effort. Marc provided 4 of his Calming Cross' for our event. They sell for $16.50 in his shop, we got $25.00 for each one. Mine is not the only event that Marc donated to, I personally know that he gave one to Barbara Homod from The Downhome Country Kitchen when her husband John recently passed away, and he donated one to HIS funraising event held in Highland earlier in the year. Marc seems to be selflessly sharing his good fortune...Lawman, you should try to emulate that good will instead of taring down someone else who really does support his community and his friends. Seems that he's the real deal, and your the fraud who should be brought up on those same charges that you spew towards others.
LMAO!!!! Marc gave you 4 of his Calming Crosses for your fund raising event??? LOL! and Marc gave one to the Homod's??? LMAO!!! He got you JERKS, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER!!!! IT'S CALLED MARKETING YOU DUMMY!!! These HOOK NOSE KYKES! Will do whatever it takes to sell their products! It's JERKS LIKE YOU!!!! That are MULES FOR THESE DECEPTIVE JEWS!!! Did you notice that everyone else in the community sent their condolences to the Homod family???? BUT!!! not the MEMPHIS SCUM!!! They could give 2 SHITTTS ABOUT THE COMMUNITY!!! All a HEEB sees is $$$$$$$$$ LMAO! LawMan is a fraud???? GO F**K YOURSELF SCUMBAG!!! LawMan isn't the one selling SCRAP PIECES OF WOOD AROUND TOWN FOR $16.50 AND $25.00!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crafts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spinrite: Canada's Best Managed Companies 2017 Mar '17 Worst is Family-c... 1
News Lee Stewart crafts custom pieces, earns cash wi... Mar '17 Kelly 4
News Mark Bennett: 'Theo and His Brother Paul' play ... Mar '17 Duke defender 1
News Pink cat-ear hats sweeping nation ahead of wome... (Jan '17) Jan '17 leedaulton 1
News Medieval Masterworks on View (Dec '16) Dec '16 PolakPotrafi 1
News Artists take home honors at Rose Lawn Arts Fest... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Scrumpty 2
News Friends of Library seeking vendors for annual c... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Scrumpty 8
More from around the web