McCarthy, Beck, and the New Hate

McCarthy, Beck, and the New Hate

There are 8 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Feb 9, 2012, titled McCarthy, Beck, and the New Hate. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

For more than 60 years, a feedback loop of conspiracy theories has flared when tough times make people long for order and control.

Flash back half a century and you'll hear much of the same agitated rhetoric that we hear today. On February 9, 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy stood before a woman's Republican Club in Wheeling, West Virginia, and declared that the U.S. was engaged in "a final, all-out battle between communistic atheism and Christianity."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 9, 2012
Great article, Bill.

It's sad that there has to be so much angst between political parties, but that's why they call it politics. Can you just imagine if Shell Oil or At&T or other corporations were run with the same backstabbing, manipulating, hate-dividing tactics as our government? They'd be out of business in no time. Stock holders wouldn't tolerate it. They demand teamwork and vision and sensible mutual understanding of the organization to make it successful.

The American people are the stockholders of their government, yet we think believe that it's best run through a divide and conquer mentality.

For what it's worth, I sincerely do not trust Republicans. There is entirely too much desperation and hatred within their message. They seem to live in a perpetual state of fear. They use religion the way a snake charmer uses a cobra. I think they wield a tremendous amount of power in this country, and they are capable of literally shaping national and world events for their own gain.

While I believe ALL politicians are self-absorbed, I see Republicans as being in the game completely for personal gain. This explains the desperation in their strategy. The controlling, take-over, win-at-all-costs mindset. These are the very things that drive me AWAY from them. When I see THAT much desperation to win, I have to wonder "what's in it for YOU?"

This is how I feel about Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc. Why the constant insistent urgency? What's in it for them? You mean they have chosen the side they represent out of a deep love for flag and country? Bullsh*t! They're paid big bucks to feed gullible people propaganda, and as long as the money rolls in they'll say whatever they're told to.

What bothers me most is the number of people in this country who refuse to think for themselves. They don't research things, they don't read, they don't ask questions. And they absolutely refuse to position themselves on a moderate playing field so that the business of the running the country can be our number one priority rather than it be children fighting over who will control the clubhouse.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#2 Feb 9, 2012
The new hate can be found in the occupy wall street crowd.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#3 Feb 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Great article, Bill.
It's sad that there has to be so much angst between political parties, but that's why they call it politics. Can you just imagine if Shell Oil or At&T or other corporations were run with the same backstabbing, manipulating, hate-dividing tactics as our government? They'd be out of business in no time. Stock holders wouldn't tolerate it. They demand teamwork and vision and sensible mutual understanding of the organization to make it successful.
The American people are the stockholders of their government, yet we think believe that it's best run through a divide and conquer mentality.
For what it's worth, I sincerely do not trust Republicans. There is entirely too much desperation and hatred within their message. They seem to live in a perpetual state of fear. They use religion the way a snake charmer uses a cobra. I think they wield a tremendous amount of power in this country, and they are capable of literally shaping national and world events for their own gain.
While I believe ALL politicians are self-absorbed, I see Republicans as being in the game completely for personal gain. This explains the desperation in their strategy. The controlling, take-over, win-at-all-costs mindset. These are the very things that drive me AWAY from them. When I see THAT much desperation to win, I have to wonder "what's in it for YOU?"
This is how I feel about Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc. Why the constant insistent urgency? What's in it for them? You mean they have chosen the side they represent out of a deep love for flag and country? Bullsh*t! They're paid big bucks to feed gullible people propaganda, and as long as the money rolls in they'll say whatever they're told to.
What bothers me most is the number of people in this country who refuse to think for themselves. They don't research things, they don't read, they don't ask questions. And they absolutely refuse to position themselves on a moderate playing field so that the business of the running the country can be our number one priority rather than it be children fighting over who will control the clubhouse.
I don't know where you live, but here in the NE the local Republicans have a hard row to hoe.
We 'blue states' support all the "red states" with our taxes, yet see them suck down our money while whining about "too big government." It really is racism, combined with superstition and ignorance.
Our local Republicans are mostly good people, and I have voted for some in local elections; BUT the national party is truly an insane joke. A mass delusion based on foolishness and hate.(Kind of like the article says.)

Want to end BIG GOVERNMENT?
Limit Federal re-distribution of wealth by state.
For example, California, while going bankrupt, provides full welfare of every person in Mississippi and New Mexico and Kentucky, of %4700 per every person.
Check Mr Cantor's report....it is true.
http://martincantor.com/files/FederalbudgetAn...
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#4 Feb 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you live, but here in the NE the local Republicans have a hard row to hoe.
We 'blue states' support all the "red states" with our taxes, yet see them suck down our money while whining about "too big government." It really is racism, combined with superstition and ignorance.
Our local Republicans are mostly good people, and I have voted for some in local elections; BUT the national party is truly an insane joke. A mass delusion based on foolishness and hate.(Kind of like the article says.)
For example, California, while going bankrupt, provides full welfare of every person in Mississippi and New Mexico and Kentucky, of %4700 per every person.
CA. should either succeed from the union or be expelled.Then the rest of the country would be rid of them.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 9, 2012
radiofreeamerica wrote:
The new hate can be found in the occupy wall street crowd.
Exactly what do they hate?

Location hidden

#6 Feb 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gone beyond joke. It's utterly dysfunctional. It is run by corporate bought politicians who have absolutely no sincere interest in anything but what serves THEM. The way Republicans have acted over the years, especially the last decade, I wouldn't vote for one if he or she was the last person standing. They're so completely blind and ignorant they have NO idea how many people they have alienated with their hate talk and elistism and arrogance.

I don't try to be something I'm not. I'm not wealthy. I never will be unless I win a lottery. I don't relate to the wealthy, nor to they relate to me, so I can't sit around pretending they're going to do anything that will be beneficial to me.

I don't follow the rhetoric of talk radio. I firmly believe it's bought and paid for propaganda that has divided our country in half. I don't follow the rhetoric of religious leaders. They should be following the mandate of separation of church and state, but instead they preach more politics than they do religion. Again, this is selfishly for their own gain.

Until, WE, as AMERICANS come together for the betterment of the country instead of the selfish betterment of the individual, our country will continue down the road of discord and distrust. Until we can accept ourselves as a nation and a society, with all the good and bad that comes with it, then we'll accomplish nothing. As long as we remain locked in a battle of left vs right, good vs evil, rich vs poor we we NEVER be UNITED together as the nation we should be.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#7 Feb 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what do they hate?
Perhaps the the people they have raped and the property owners whos property they have defecated on.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 10, 2012
radiofreeamerica wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the the people they have raped and the property owners whos property they have defecated on.
Not near as many as the number of people Wall Street has raped and crapped on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conspiracy Theory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should we treat anti-vaxxers with more respect? Feb 8 freedomOFchoice 1
News Did Gaga take swipe at Trump? Feb 6 barry 1
News Ann Coulter: Free College Tuition Is A Scam To ... (Feb '15) Jan 31 Coultergeist 6
News Trump Is All-in on an Infowars-Approved Voter-F... Jan 28 remartin 1
News WND Revels In Being Able To Go Birther In Publi... Jan 25 The Real Donald T... 4
News Oklahoma's Warning to Trump's America Jan 22 As I see it 2
News The NASA data conspiracy theory and the cold sun Jan '17 1st Grade Math Wiz 1
More from around the web