Trash Collectors Now On "Waste Watch" In Allentown - Regional News ...

Full story: WFMZ

Their job is to collect trash, but now Waste Management employees are helping police collect criminals.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sick and Ugly

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Gee, I hope my taxes are reduced now that we have the trash men doing the cop's work.
Westender

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Are the police going to pick up the trash the garbage men drop all over the streets and sidewalks? They can help out too.
Don

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

That is total bullS**t, most car thefts are on garbage nights. pedro finds an unlocked car and calls his buddies to steal the stuff.
They had better have to have State Police background checks and F.B.I. fingerprint checks just like I have to to work in Schools and Government jobs.
appleby

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

thank you waste mangement
Earl Peters

Center Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

This is the best news ever in Allentown!!

The city can make thousands in fines as well.
Lil Abner

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

This could be a good thing as long as Waste Management employees give the info to the good guys.
unsure547

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

I myself don't see this as a good idea to advertise this. Well now that criminals know this,I would be afraid to pk up garbage in Allentown. Who knows what could happen.
Wayne

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

So this is why my rates went up...
wrong hands

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Lil Abner wrote:
This could be a good thing as long as Waste Management employees give the info to the good guys.
next time u see a waste management truck look who is on it/ amd you tell me what kinda watch they ae on.
not worth it

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

It's good to get involved but now to advertise that there doing this is just plain stupid! I would ask for a pay raise!
Political Parasites

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

I palumpashitam involved with some of the criminal activity that goes on in my city so only look at the areas that my freinds want to obtain property?
Pa Resident

Breinigsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Trash collecting Trash. Love it
wow

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Will u be watching out for nosy neighbors as well? It gives the Atown PD more free time to waste doing crap, 3-4 police cars for a traffic stop, not to mention the whole Dept. for a disturbance of loud children call. What more can our tax dollars pay for?
confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Now I know why my newspapers are never collected. I have called and asked how they want them bundled and still they never pick them up. I have been told to bundle them with string, did that, never picked up, put in cardboard boxes, did that, never picked up, use brown paper bags not plastic, did that never picked up. So now the papers go out with normal garbage. I have newspapers that I could sell to someone, but, no one wants them. It's just too bad that we can't burn our own garbage, that way I would be able to get rid of the paper.

This has been going on with Waste Management since they took over the garbage collection in my town. If they don't want to collect this stuff on recycle day, they should just tell the public. That way they can patrol the cities for criminals.....
wow

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

confused wrote:
Now I know why my newspapers are never collected. I have called and asked how they want them bundled and still they never pick them up. I have been told to bundle them with string, did that, never picked up, put in cardboard boxes, did that, never picked up, use brown paper bags not plastic, did that never picked up. So now the papers go out with normal garbage. I have newspapers that I could sell to someone, but, no one wants them. It's just too bad that we can't burn our own garbage, that way I would be able to get rid of the paper.
This has been going on with Waste Management since they took over the garbage collection in my town. If they don't want to collect this stuff on recycle day, they should just tell the public. That way they can patrol the cities for criminals.....
Its an excuse on both ends to be able to do more slacking on their jobs. Whats next? soon we will here of each department blaming the other "thats not my job"
local

Danielsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

A total Load of crap!
Nothing like pseudo-cops.
If the garbage men see a crime they should call the office and not the police?
What is Waste Management scoring from this?
How much tax money has been spent on this crock?
Rich from kingedville

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Mayor Pawlumpski.You got to love him. What is he thinking? He is quick to tell the media of his great deed .How about when you ignored/forgot sorry to get permit's not so quick then,lol.The trash collection guys in my opinion could care less about watching for crime, They want to get their route completed and get home.And at times can be very dirty about the trash.I have seen it on the streets after they have just picked it up.I remember when the trash collectors carried a broom and a shovel and cleaned it up. Half the time they don't take the trash it's easier to hand out pink notices for being to heavy ect, when my young daughter carried it out to the curb. Work with the police. Good idea how about police work with civialian's also and not look at us as if we are below them.
yankee redneck

Walnutport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

The next thing will be garbage analysis. Give it up. PoPo are garbage men...garbage men are PoPo.
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world.... except for Lola. LOL
Reds

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Calling all trucks, be on the look out for the dumpster diver hitting all resturant dumpsters on the north side he may be armed and dangerous be a ware the police are only responding to calls that include donut perks an coffee
Hmmmm

Jamison, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Why not arm the trash collectors and let them shoot drug dealers?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••