Owls roost in South Loop park

Owls roost in South Loop park

There are 25 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Owls roost in South Loop park. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Wonderment has come to the South Loop. You stand on an ordinary sidewalk, look up into an ordinary pine tree, and see the extraordinary: six long-eared owls, huge, silent, magnificent, perched on branches in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mary

Midlothian, IL

#23 Feb 12, 2008
Are the owls still there?
Mary

Midlothian, IL

#24 Feb 23, 2008
I have visited the owls the past two weekends. Last Saturday there were just two. Today we saw three. They are right out in the open up in the pine trees. Not hidden at all. They are soooo beautiful! Definately worth the visit!!!
Owl Hunter 322

Chicago, IL

#25 Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the tips!
Jameela

Chicago, IL

#26 Nov 17, 2008
Thank you so much for the exact location. I will try to find these beatiful creatures!
mumoftwo

United States

#27 Apr 27, 2009
This is an old page, but we've recently discovered three owls here on the south side of Chicago. I'm not sure what kind they are, but you can see them during the day, perched on the top of an apartment building in our neighborhood. They are grey in color and it appears that they eyes may be red, or the area around the eyes. At first we thought that they were statues until one day, we witnessed the heads moving, lol. I am thinking of doing a project with the children at the elementary school where I am student teaching, to find out about these wondrous animals...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bird Watching Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spring bird monitoring (Oct '15) Oct '15 Falconstare 1
Diversity is a codeword for White Genocide (Apr '15) Apr '15 6078bkdl 1
News Snowy owl 'epidemic' sweeps across Ontario (Dec '14) Dec '14 GTA 1
News Little bird rides on back of hawk (Jan '10) Jul '14 Ray ONeal 4
News Celebrate Migratory Bird Day In Yellowstone Wit... (Mar '14) Mar '14 is it About to Blow 1
News Anger over shot rare bird (Dec '13) Dec '13 TURN 1
News Bird Watching in Australia (Dec '13) Dec '13 QUEENSLANDER 3
More from around the web