Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011

There are 11677 comments on the San Francisco Chronicle story from Jan 1, 2010, titled Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011. In it, San Francisco Chronicle reports that:

Harold Camping lets out a hearty chuckle when he considers the people who believe the world will end in 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Francisco Chronicle.

First Prev
of 584
Next Last
Jake

Biala Podlaska, Poland

#12335 Aug 21, 2012
Is anyone seen torrentcity.pl site?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12336 Sep 4, 2012
You read the heading of this Thread and then it will become clear what this post is all about.
Rich Dalimo

South Pasadena, CA

#12337 Sep 5, 2012
Only blacks are going to Hell. They're rotten creatures.
looking for hope

Ripley, TN

#12338 Sep 5, 2012
Rich Dalimo wrote:
That's just wrong And a hatefull thing to say .
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12340 Sep 11, 2012
But what else a hate full and wrong man can do? He will only hate and curse other people. That is his job 24 hour day, seven days a week.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12343 Sep 23, 2012
No one knows the exact day or hour.

All the sign's have been increasing Worldwide...

We Are In The Season...YES!

'The Day of the Lord"

1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say,“Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thess. 5

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#12344 Sep 23, 2012
2012 Faith wrote:
No one knows the exact day or hour.
All the sign's have been increasing Worldwide...
We Are In The Season...YES!
'The Day of the Lord"
1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say,“Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thess. 5
Hogwash.
usainthehouse

Princeton, TX

#12345 Sep 23, 2012
Rich Dalimo wrote:
Thats the siliest remark Ive heard latley. There are many righteous black people(im white WASP)and the Bible says judge not lest You be judged. Sorry youve been hanging out in the wrong places.
usainthehouse

Princeton, TX

#12346 Sep 23, 2012
FaithUSA wrote:
<quoted text>Hogwash.
Yes the Bible is very clear that NO one except God knows the time for Jesus return much less the rapture.So putting a date on either is Hog wash.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12347 Sep 24, 2012
Yes you have spoken very correctly, NO ONE knows the exact date of Jesus' return to earth.

His return shall be a very clear sign that End of Time is approaching.

I think besides Christians, Muslims are the only religious groups that believe in the second coming of Jesus (and most of the Christians are ignorant of this, as usual).

In Islamic teachings, the timing of second coming of Jesus is linked with the coming of some one, who is mentioned in Islamic Literature as DAJJAL ( the term in Arabic means, a great liar, which could be the one Christians say as Anti Christ).

He will rise and cause a great terbulation on earth, it shall be a very difficult time for believers..... No one will be able to overpower or control or conatin this DAJAJL or Anti Christ...

It would be on that critical juncture that God will send Jesus Christ to come down on earth and kill that DAJJAL or Anti Christ....

And it will be on that day that Islam shall be accepted as the Only religion on the face of earth. Because Christianity and Judaism shall cease to exist as separate religions!!

Return of jesus shall lay bare the falsehood of Jews regarding him and the exagegration of Christians in raising Jesus to the level of God or Begotten Son of God (whatever that means, because no one is ever able to explaian, what Begotten Son of God really means, why the term begotten in used before Son).

However the exact date of this event no one knows for sure and we do not make any guesses or predictions, as is the "fashion" amongst Christians

Allah Knows Best
Ali Akbar

United States

#12348 Sep 24, 2012
Allah is burning in Hell you towelheaded maggot.
MUQ wrote:
Yes you have spoken very correctly, NO ONE knows the exact date of Jesus' return to earth.
I think besides Christians, Muslims are the only religious groups that believe in the second coming of Jesus (and most of the Christians are ignorant of this, as usual).
In Islamic teachings, the timing of second coming of Jesus is linked with the coming of some one, who is mentioned in Islamic Literature as DAJJAL ( the term in Arabic means, a great liar, which could be the one Christians say as Anti Christ).
He will rise and cause a great terbulation on earth, it shall be a very difficult time for believers..... No one will be able to overpower or control or conatin this DAJAJL or Anti Christ...
It would be on that critical juncture that God will send Jesus Christ to come down on earth and kill that DAJJAL or Anti Christ....
And it will be on that day that Islam shall be accepted as the Only religion on the face of earth. Because Christianity and Judaism shall cease to exist as separate religions!!
Return of jesus shall lay bare the falsehood of Jews regarding him and the exagegration of Christians in raising Jesus to the level of God or Begotten Son of God (whatever that means, because no one is ever able to explaian, what Begotten Son of God really means, why the term begotten in used before Son).
However the exact date of this event no one knows for sure and we do not make any guesses or predictions, as is the "fashion" amongst Christians
Allah Knows Best
usainthehouse

Plano, TX

#12349 Sep 24, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Allah Knows Best
Only Begotten Son just means "Only Son"

I wont discuss the comments about Islam becoming the one true religion. My teachings have been that in those end times many jews and gentiles will come to become christians.For myself after praying for about a year for the Lord to let me know what religion I should be,I had a vision. In the vision the Lord told me a few things that would happen over the next year to prove it was Him and Let me know I should be a Christian. I had grown up a christian but been away for about 18 years. This time the religion was real instead of just going thru the motions. The Lord has communicated and done things for me since to make the faith real.The Bible says seek and Ye will find.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12350 Sep 24, 2012
usainthehouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Begotten Son just means "Only Son"
I wont discuss the comments about Islam becoming the one true religion. My teachings have been that in those end times many jews and gentiles will come to become christians .For myself after praying for about a year for the Lord to let me know what religion I should be, I had a vision. In the vision the Lord told me a few things that would happen over the next year to prove it was Him and Let me know I should be a Christian. I had grown up a christian but been away for about 18 years. This time the religion was real instead of just going thru the motions. The Lord has communicated and done things for me since to make the faith real. The Bible says seek and Ye will find.
If “Only Begotten Son” means “Only Son”, then why is the objective (is it objective or Noun)“Begotten” is added before his name? What are your trying to convey?

I know you would not discuss about Islam being a true religion, because that was the religion which Jesus himself followed and all prophets before him also followed the religion of Islam.

What you have mentioned about your personal experience is the thing no one can comment upon. If you and God made a deal, it is between you and Him, I would leave it alone.

Yes, Bible says ‘Seek and you will find it” it is true, but did you really tried to look it?

Both Jesus and Moses foretold the coming of a future prophet after them, if you would have tried to look for him, you would have found him.

But you did not even try…. You do not even want to discuss it.

Who is to take the blame? You? Bible or Jesus?

usainthehouse

Plano, TX

#12351 Sep 25, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If “Only Begotten Son” means “Only Son”, then why is the objective (is it objective or Noun)“Begotten” is added before his name? What are your trying to convey?
I know you would not discuss about Islam being a true religion, because that was the religion which Jesus himself followed and all prophets before him also followed the religion of Islam.
What you have mentioned about your personal experience is the thing no one can comment upon. If you and God made a deal, it is between you and Him, I would leave it alone.
Yes, Bible says ‘Seek and you will find it” it is true, but did you really tried to look it?
Both Jesus and Moses foretold the coming of a future prophet after them, if you would have tried to look for him, you would have found him.
But you did not even try…. You do not even want to discuss it.
Who is to take the blame? You? Bible or Jesus?
I googled Only Begotten son and there where plenty of discussions and explanations.I found one quickly that shows this is a point of debate between Judeo/Christian believers and Muslim believers. You can have your belief/teachings and Ill have mine.

Before I go any further I will say you seem like a nice person with whom I dont care to offend. These forums seem to be more of people acting like small children calling each other names.
Again if you believe Jesus was a Muslim its your right.I dont personally believe that.I never said or thought Islam is not a religion. I just said I found God wanted me to be a christian.
I said I would not discuss it because I didnt want to offend.simple.
As far as my personal experience I asked/ prayed to God what I should be and he could have said Muslim just as easy, He didnt. I believe I looked very hard. He gave me 100 per cent unforgettable proof.

Im sure you have heard all the debate points on Judism,Christianiy and Muslim faiths. I doubt we will convert one another. God does that I believe. Ask Him what you should be in earnest
I dont have to wonder now because of my experiences. I see miracles from the name of Jesus,I see nice sweet fruit from Christianity.I see forgiveness.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12352 Sep 25, 2012
[QUOTE who="u house” "]

googled Only Begotten son and there where plenty of discussions and explanations. I found one quickly that shows this is a point of debate between Judeo/Christian believers and Muslim believers. You can have your belief/teachings and Ill have mine.

Before I go any further I will say you seem like a nice person with whom I dont care to offend. These forums seem to be more of people acting like small children calling each other names.
Again if you believe Jesus was a Muslim its your right. I dont personally believe that. I never said or thought Islam is not a religion. I just said I found God wanted me to be a christian.
I said I would not discuss it because I didn’t want to offend. simple.
As far as my personal experience I asked/ prayed to God what I should be and he could have said Muslim just as easy, He didn’t. I believe I looked very hard. He gave me 100 per cent unforgettable proof.

I’m sure you have heard all the debate points on Judaism, Christianity and Muslim faiths. I doubt we will convert one another. God does that I believe. Ask Him what you should be in earnest
I dont have to wonder now because of my experiences. I see miracles from the name of Jesus, I see nice sweet fruit from Christianity. I see forgiveness.

[/QUOTE]

Ans.

There is no harm in each of us having our beliefs, but we should post our views and know each other’s faith, there is no harm in that.

The aim is not to convert any one or force one’s views on other.

It is only to tell people that they should know what their faith is and let them check and find out if they are really on right road.

There will be Jews and Christians and Muslims in the world till the end of world, let there be no doubt in that.

Each of us makes a choice for his or her religion and that is the choice about which they shall be questioned in the hereafter.

If you have 100 % proof that God chose Christianity for you, then you will have to answer to God about it. It is not my place nor my aim to criticise you or your choice.
usainthehouse

Dallas, TX

#12353 Sep 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
There is no harm in each of us having our beliefs, but we should post our views and know each other’s faith, there is no harm in that.
The aim is not to convert any one or force one’s views on other.
It is only to tell people that they should know what their faith is and let them check and find out if they are really on right road.
There will be Jews and Christians and Muslims in the world till the end of world, let there be no doubt in that.
Each of us makes a choice for his or her religion and that is the choice about which they shall be questioned in the hereafter.
If you have 100 % proof that God chose Christianity for you, then you will have to answer to God about it. It is not my place nor my aim to criticise you or your choice.
Im sure.100 per cent sure.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12354 Sep 28, 2012
usainthehouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure.100 per cent sure.
Well then, enjoy in peace and tranquility and write down this answer, you might need this as a proof in the Hereafter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 584
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobbies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Revenge Voting? Hell Yea (Nov '12) 9 hr pnc 9,369
News Come, Armageddon, come 19 hr array 27
News Takeover! Jade Helm 15 and eight other Obama pl... May 22 kuda 3
News How police kept track of the Trekkies: Met drew... May 22 get paid 2 watch TV 1
News Tin foil hats show up in State House during deb... May 22 dont-try-to-inspire 1
News Write on, Berkeley right on May 22 Eddy 1
News Catacombs make a comeback as Jerusalem seeks ro... May 20 New Perspective 1
More from around the web