Honduras' Tourism Minister: "Don't Vi...

Honduras' Tourism Minister: "Don't Visit My Country!"

There are 5 comments on the Inside Costa Rica story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Honduras' Tourism Minister: "Don't Visit My Country!". In it, Inside Costa Rica reports that:

By Tim Rogers / Time.com A vacation in Honduras can conjure up visions of spectacular destinations: the Mayan ruins of Copan, cloud forest after cloud forest filled with exotic flora and fauna, the gorgeous beaches and the dolphin filled waters off the the island of Roatan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Costa Rica.

Juan

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

#1 Oct 28, 2009
Increible, no puedo creer cuanto un ciudadano puede hacer tanto daño. Pedir no visitar ese pais tan hermoso y peor lo haga un ministro es inaudito y repudiable. Soy de El Salvador, tengo amigos norteamericanos que pasaron por mi pais para ir a Honduras en viaje turistico. Estuvimos en Tela, las ruinas en Copan, Bay Islands, Ceiba y en el parque Pico Pijol en Morazan Yoro. En ningun lugar por donde viajamos en vehiculo y en Ferri tuvimos el mas minimo problema, ese pais es hermoso y valio la pena el viaje.

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

#2 Oct 28, 2009
Juan do not worry we are already countering his silly claims.

(for those of you who do not read Spanish this is the interpretation of his post)

Incredible, I cannot believe that a citizen can want to cause so much harm. To ask that people do not visit this country that is so beautiful and that a minister does this is theworst and repudible. I am from El Salvador and I have friends that are north Ameircan and they travel through my country to go to Honduras on tourist trips. We were in Tela, Copan Ruins, the Bay Islands, Ceiba and in the park Pico Pijol in Morazan Yoro. We didn´t have the most minimal of problems in any place that we traveled. This country is beautiful and was worth the trip
Jack Corsaut

Redding, CA

#3 Oct 28, 2009
There are apparently big stakes here. Obama, with the complicity of the corrupted and irrelevant U.N. and the even worse OAS along with a dozen or so left wing members of his own party have some kind of vested interest in Zelaya maintaining his position. There is simply no other explanation for the unprecedented hostility towards the citizens government of Honduras and the sympathy towards the solid enemies of the U.S.

It's as if the situation in Honduras became the canary in the coal mine to wake us up to the machinations of an extremely determined and evil cabal.

I read today that Obama has sent a "team of experts" to assist Zelaya and Micheletti to reach an agreement - which is to say - pressure the interim government into letting Zelaya return. I am truly afraid that Obama will assist with military muscle, Chavez and the rest of the thugs overthrow Honduras.

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

#4 Oct 28, 2009
Jack, actually it seems that he is backing of his previous position...so far they haven´t pressured Micheletti to do anything. They have encouraged a Honduran solution...the Honduran solution is both resign and a third party takes control...

They also are backing off their non recognition of elections...the OAS representative from teh US today was a big indication as well as today´s press briefing that would not confirm a position on Honduran elections. I think they realize that a poll showing 75% of Hondurans saying that elections are the solution is a big clue to them..and that is a Gallup poll. Not to mention the OAS did a poll as well and found that most Hondurans want the Micheletti third party solution.
Also,Radio Globo the pro Zelaya radio was whining immensely about the US visit and said that it was so unfair...
Jack Corsaut

Redding, CA

#5 Oct 29, 2009
Summermoondancer wrote:
Jack, actually it seems that he is backing of his previous position...so far they haven´t pressured Micheletti to do anything. They have encouraged a Honduran solution...the Honduran solution is both resign and a third party takes control...
They also are backing off their non recognition of elections...the OAS representative from teh US today was a big indication as well as today´s press briefing that would not confirm a position on Honduran elections. I think they realize that a poll showing 75% of Hondurans saying that elections are the solution is a big clue to them..and that is a Gallup poll. Not to mention the OAS did a poll as well and found that most Hondurans want the Micheletti third party solution.
Also,Radio Globo the pro Zelaya radio was whining immensely about the US visit and said that it was so unfair...
I truly hope you are right...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leader of Honduras' gay community abducted, mur... Jun 5 Boris 2
News How US Immigration Policies Endangered Central ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 John Grimbaldsun 4
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 RIP 18
News Back to a bleak future: Deported Honduran famil... (Jul '14) Jul '14 molodye 1
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 terror of politic... 1
News Why Won't Obama Call These Kids Refugees? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 2
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 Josh 2
More from around the web