Honduran airport reopens after crash

The Honduran capital's Toncontin International Airport reopened Monday to small and mid-sized planes, three days after a large jetliner overshot the runway. Full Story
marcelo

Seattle, WA

#1 Jun 3, 2008
The Soto Cano base is shared with Honduran Armed Forces, not entirely US. It is far from the capital and will not serve it properly. Additionally, it will be impossible to meet international standards in 60 days. President is shooting from the hip,, he has no idea how complicated a move of airport would be. Also, Toncontin airport meets international safety requirements. Flights should resume there. Accidents happen, this one appeared to be clearly due to pilot error.
Hilda Santoscoy

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 9, 2008
marcelo wrote:
The Soto Cano base is shared with Honduran Armed Forces, not entirely US. It is far from the capital and will not serve it properly. Additionally, it will be impossible to meet international standards in 60 days. President is shooting from the hip,, he has no idea how complicated a move of airport would be. Also, Toncontin airport meets international safety requirements. Flights should resume there. Accidents happen, this one appeared to be clearly due to pilot error.
My husband and I are going to travel to Tegucigalpa on Wednesday June 11, and after the TACA accident that happened there, we would like to know if commercial planes are allowed to land now. We heard that they are sending all planes to land at the airport in San Pedro Sula, could you please let us know what is the status right now. Here is our e-mail,for you to contact us dhsantoscoy@juno.com thank you for your heip
Hilda Santoscoy

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 9, 2008
We are flying to Tegucigalpa on Wedenesday June 11,we would like to know if commercial planes are landing in Toncontin because we heard that all passenger planes are landing in San Pedro Sula. Can you please let us know,our e-mail is dhsantoscoy@juno.com Thank you for your help
WUSA9 Newscaster

Washington, DC

#4 Mar 23, 2009
marcelo wrote:
Hey marcelohomie,
Our newsteam and other news stations are planning to hire several college students and law enforcement to go clean out your towns and you own us Americans money anyway so we plan to loot your homes and businesses come this spring such as April. The new economy will be based on our new standards. Our newsteam at the station plans to endorse Barack Obama's campaign to get rid of the ms-13s, latinos and mexicans from our American soil. Some ms-13s called our station and said that our staff will be attacked in the parking lots at our station but we have security that work with the police and any sp-- that makes trouble will serve time in a dirty hole in El Salvador or Hondorus. This spring, the cops will be on the streets looking for any whop that hangs out and makes trouble.
Sincerely,
Kristen Fischer
Anita Brikman
Peggy Fox and
Derek McGinty of
WUSA9 News and CBS.
Carl Alvarez

Washington, DC

#5 Apr 1, 2009
WUSA9 Newscaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey marcelohomie,
Our newsteam and other news stations are planning to hire several college students and law enforcement to go clean out your towns and you own us Americans money anyway so we plan to loot your homes and businesses come this spring such as April. The new economy will be based on our new standards. Our newsteam at the station plans to endorse Barack Obama's campaign to get rid of the ms-13s, latinos and mexicans from our American soil. Some ms-13s called our station and said that our staff will be attacked in the parking lots at our station but we have security that work with the police and any sp-- that makes trouble will serve time in a dirty hole in El Salvador or Hondorus. This spring, the cops will be on the streets looking for any whop that hangs out and makes trouble.
Sincerely,
Kristen Fischer
Anita Brikman
Peggy Fox and
Derek McGinty of
WUSA9 News and CBS.
Let me tell you something. I made a mistake by coming to america from Hondoras but I got plenty of money that I got away with and I plan to help my family back in my home country. These crappy american newscasters want to make money but I plan to stick them up before I move back to Hondoras homies. Hey spring is here and you have plenty of opportunity to go out and rob banks and murder the bank tellers and then burn the banks down with them in it and use the money for a trip to Hong Kong homies. I spent over 20 years with the Latin Kings, MS-13 and 18th Street Mexicali until I got into an argument over money but your MS-13 and Latin King gangs in your area are quite good and they treat me good homies. The only thing that I liked about Maryland and D.C. is the prisons because I have nothin to lose and I am well experienced in stealing from elderly ladies homes and cutting them with a knife and I got away with a lot of those crimes but prison is my home and prison is beautiful and sweet. That is why I want to move to your area homie. Homies around the Langley Park apartments do shootings and arsons and the guns and packs of matches were stolen from stores and schools on the streets of Washington, D.C. and the Mexicans are poopoo and the woods of Mexico are quite poopoo. I want to start a home and business in your area homie and we can do good. Hey, I am 34 and I have been in and out of prison since I was 15 for stealing money from places and I want to move to your area so I can be with a gang where I can be safe from the pigs in uniform or coppers that try to rig my ass.
News Station Employee

Washington, DC

#7 Jun 3, 2009
Hilda Santoscoy wrote:
We are flying to Tegucigalpa on Wedenesday June 11,we would like to know if commercial planes are landing in Toncontin because we heard that all passenger planes are landing in San Pedro Sula. Can you please let us know,our e-mail is dhsantoscoy@juno.com Thank you for your help
By Thomas Rafferty working for DCExaminer News:

On Monday in Maryland, MS-13 gang leader Victor Ramirez, a/k/a "Mousey," 30, an illegal alien from El Salvador who resided in Hyattsville, MD, was sentenced to 60 years in prison, followed by five years of supervised release, for criminal activities perpetrated as the Mara Salvatucha's "troubleshooter." Ramirez was convicted in November 2008, following a four-week jury trial, of conspiracy to conduct and participate in racketeering enterprise activities of the gang MS-13, including three murders and an attempted murder; armed robbery of a business; and using and carrying a gun in furtherance of a crime of violence he had various plans to attack elderly and children this spring and summer in neighborhoods with families and then to carjack elderly women in shopping centers and then attack the cops when they get stopped for stolen cars with a knife or other weapon. He has a mission to ruin everybody's spring and summer by trashing the schools and apartment complexes and to create further mayhem. "Victor Ramirez’ mission was to boost the level of MS-13's criminal activities on the streets of Maryland, D.C. and Virginia and to attack elderly residents and children and to start fights with law enforcement this spring and summer" said Assistant Attorney General of the Criminal Division Lanny A. Breuer. "Today’s sentence is a warning to gang members with similar aspirations that we won’t tolerate this sort of criminal behavior in our neighborhoods and we plan to go into gang member's apartments while they are away looking for evidence for prosecution too," said Breuer. "The evidence proved that MS-13 sent Victor Ramirez to Maryland from El Salvador as part of a plan to strengthen the MS-13 gang and expand the gang’s criminal activity and the gang is working with Al-Qaeda to funnel the money obtained during the robberies and murders of merchants to purchase weapons of mass destruction and for an attack on America by Al-Qaeda," said U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein. According to testimony presented during trial, Ramirez was a leader in the Teclas Locos Salvatruchos (TLS) clique of MS-13 in El Salvador, and then in Maryland. During the trial, the jury viewed a video taken in the Quezaltepeque prison in El Salvador that showed Ramirez flashing MS-13 gang signs and displaying a "Mara Salvatrucha" and "Death To American Cops And Judges" tattoos across his abdomen. Ramirez admitted to fellow gang members in Maryland that he had been a "first word" (or clique leader) within the clique in El Salvador. After arriving in Maryland, Ramirez represented the TLS clique at MS-13 meetings in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Virginia and that he wants to support Al-Qaeda and he has family living in the Al-Qaeda regions too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How US Immigration Policies Endangered Central ... Jul '14 John Grimbaldsun 4
Honduran families deported back to a bleak future Jul '14 RIP 18
Back to a bleak future: Deported Honduran famil... Jul '14 molodye 1
Honduran families deported back to a bleak future Jul '14 terror of politic... 1
Why Won't Obama Call These Kids Refugees? Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 2
Honduran families deported back to a bleak future Jul '14 Josh 2
Democratic Congressman: We have proven communis... (May '14) May '14 david romo 8
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:25 pm PST