16:25 Another Honduran Resi...

There are 9 comments on the Dec 19, 2009, Prensa Latina story titled 16:25 Another Honduran Resi.... In it, Prensa Latina reports that:

Tegucigalpa, Dec 18 Carlos Turcios, was murdered in the the country''s northern area, He was kidnapped by fake cops as often happens in Honduras and was found decapitated and with his hands cut off common for kidnap for ransom or drug traffickers dealing with traitors in their ranks (this article brief edited for truth something this cuban newspaper knows nothing about.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Prensa Latina.

tquinn

Durango, CO

#1 Dec 19, 2009
We have opened the door,Little Mexico as we call it.This will not stop soon.And were is a great Ricardo,chicken shit,he left,siting in Florida and does not care anymore about his country.The only turistas we have here anymore are traficos,Copan.
Johnny

United States

#2 Dec 19, 2009
If Mexico could do it without messing up relations with the US, Mexico should quit trying to stop the drug flow through Mexico and into the US. You don't announce it as policy, you just stop actively enforcing smuggling though the country.

Once the better organized drug cartels figure out that they get left alone if they only export, they would self enforce reduced local sales to keep the cops off their back. And of course, you focus police enforcement on anybody who does sell locally.

This would reduce the corrupting force of drug trafficking, because for reasons of economy, the narcos would spend less on buying off the local authorities. It would also reduce income to the drug dealers as with easier transit of drugs the markup for delivery would go down.

In the case of Honduras, let them use the local airspace and a few remote landing strips. As long as nobody tries to grow stuff locally or ship it from the landings spots, let them alone. That would kill the local drug industry, other than it relates to domestic use, and minimize the impact of the drug flow through the country.

“LouC”

Since: Oct 09

Des Moines IA

#3 Dec 22, 2009
Johnny wrote:
If Mexico could do it without messing up relations with the US, Mexico should quit trying to stop the drug flow through Mexico and into the US. You don't announce it as policy, you just stop actively enforcing smuggling though the country.
Once the better organized drug cartels figure out that they get left alone if they only export, they would self enforce reduced local sales to keep the cops off their back. And of course, you focus police enforcement on anybody who does sell locally.
This would reduce the corrupting force of drug trafficking, because for reasons of economy, the narcos would spend less on buying off the local authorities. It would also reduce income to the drug dealers as with easier transit of drugs the markup for delivery would go down.
In the case of Honduras, let them use the local airspace and a few remote landing strips. As long as nobody tries to grow stuff locally or ship it from the landings spots, let them alone. That would kill the local drug industry, other than it relates to domestic use, and minimize the impact of the drug flow through the country.
I don't think that is such a good plan. All that would happen is the free flow of drugs up the Americas pipeline. I say let's Agent Orange all the coca and pot fields in South America and put them out of business.
Johnny

United States

#4 Dec 22, 2009
louC wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think that is such a good plan. All that would happen is the free flow of drugs up the Americas pipeline. I say let's Agent Orange all the coca and pot fields in South America and put them out of business.
I was wondering what kind of response I would get. I don't actually think it is a workable plan because the US government would object, but otherwise I think it would work out quite well for countries like Mexico.

I happen to know a little about the cops in Ciudad Juarez. They are a pretty disgraceful bunch even without another corrupting force, and they have become so bad that the Mexican Government has ended up displacing them with the army.

While it is an assist to us that Mexico attempts to stop the drug trade, it appears to be a major corrupting force. I imagine the combination of a poor country and a very profitable drug trade makes the whole situation unworkable. In short, it is another problem that Mexico doesn't need.
tquinn

Durango, CO

#5 Dec 22, 2009
if we don't do something it will be like the middle east,I live on the boarder,pu,I can pay to get anything across into or out of Guat.And it will not cost me much.US will take on Iraq but not Col.Wealth my friend that has allot of pull.Think about Pablo.We could of taken him out any time,but we did not?
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering what kind of response I would get. I don't actually think it is a workable plan because the US government would object, but otherwise I think it would work out quite well for countries like Mexico.
I happen to know a little about the cops in Ciudad Juarez. They are a pretty disgraceful bunch even without another corrupting force, and they have become so bad that the Mexican Government has ended up displacing them with the army.
While it is an assist to us that Mexico attempts to stop the drug trade, it appears to be a major corrupting force. I imagine the combination of a poor country and a very profitable drug trade makes the whole situation unworkable. In short, it is another problem that Mexico doesn't need.

“LouC”

Des Moines IA

#6 Dec 22, 2009
tquinn& Johnny,

I understand what you are both saying the drug trade has become like a part of the economic structure. the poor see money out of it, America gets the drugs and the US gets more reasons to ask for more funds from congress for the drug war. It's like a broken record. You know I saw in the paper today that the Beltran-Levya SICKarios killed the family of the Marine that was killed in the shoot out. These killers have no soul.
tquinn

Durango, CO

#9 Dec 24, 2009
It is,if we take away the farmers crop that they can not grow the same value of crop,weel we have allot of people out of work,icluding US DEA.The transports,the families money that suppllies maney jobs and inforstructure to the countries US will not stop it,they want it.They are all a bunch of thugs .I understand the economics of this,but it has gone on to long.Afganistan we will never win when we allow the to grow their popy.You do not hear how many fields US has burned.US has eyes in the sky,they know where they are.Have a good Christmas.And pray for us.
louC wrote:
tquinn& Johnny,
I understand what you are both saying the drug trade has become like a part of the economic structure. the poor see money out of it, America gets the drugs and the US gets more reasons to ask for more funds from congress for the drug war. It's like a broken record. You know I saw in the paper today that the Beltran-Levya SICKarios killed the family of the Marine that was killed in the shoot out. These killers have no soul.

“LouC”

Des Moines IA

#10 Dec 28, 2009
tquinn wrote:
It is,if we take away the farmers crop that they can not grow the same value of crop,weel we have allot of people out of work,icluding US DEA.The transports,the families money that suppllies maney jobs and inforstructure to the countries US will not stop it,they want it.They are all a bunch of thugs .I understand the economics of this,but it has gone on to long.Afganistan we will never win when we allow the to grow their popy.You do not hear how many fields US has burned.US has eyes in the sky,they know where they are.Have a good Christmas.And pray for us.<quoted text>
We are losing the battle. When the bad money is flying around all over the place. A cop in Mexico, Guatemala,or Honduras can be bought with a whole years salary with one transaction it's tough to win. when will we learn? Merry Christmas also also my prayers go out to you.

Since: Jul 07

Satellite Beach, FL

#11 Dec 30, 2009
Do you REALLY want to stop the South and Central American drug trade to the US? Legalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Prohibition never works but it is always tried because it is infinately fundable. Heroin junkies were never this big of a problem when Bayer sold it over the counter. Coca-Cola didn't string people out and destroy their lives. But the War on (some) Drugs has wasted trillions and shattered the lives of millions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cortes, Honduras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How US Immigration Policies Endangered Central ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 John Grimbaldsun 4
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 RIP 18
News Back to a bleak future: Deported Honduran famil... (Jul '14) Jul '14 molodye 1
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 terror of politic... 1
News Why Won't Obama Call These Kids Refugees? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 2
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 Josh 2
News Democratic Congressman: We have proven communis... (May '14) May '14 david romo 8
More from around the web