Hea s a man on a mission - Redwood Times

Hea s a man on a mission - Redwood Times

There are 3 comments on the Redwood Times story from Oct 6, 2010, titled Hea s a man on a mission - Redwood Times. In it, Redwood Times reports that:

Ferndale resident Craig G. Mesman decided to take a walk one day to help raise funds for an orphanage in Honduras.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Redwood Times.

Ron King

Vallejo, CA

#1 Oct 22, 2010
I admire this man and his mission. I met Craig, a very inspiring individual, on my way to and from Usal Beach in the Lost Coast of California while I was driving Highway 1. I am following his blog, thewalk412.blogspot.com and he is an enthusiatic and committed believer.

Thank you for the article in the Redwood Times.
Jackie

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Oct 23, 2010
That is admirable...but what about the kids in our own backyards?

55,000 CA parents just lost the child care that was helping them get off welfare and become taxpaying citizens.

Plus we have schools right here in Fortuna where the libraries are considered unsafe for the children to be in because the district can't afford to hire a librarian.
Craig

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2010
Hi, this is Craig, the walker. Thank you Ron for your kind words and for your offer of assistance should I need it. I appreciated the time you spent with me along the road and for your e-mails.

Jackie, thank you for your words too. I am aware of the problems we have in our own backyard, as well as the problems that our neighbors have in their backyards. It seems these days that everyone needs some sort of help from their neighbors. It sounds like you have a wonderful opportunity to do something yourself to help these 55,000 CA parents, or to volunteer to be a librarian! Good luck on your walk as well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cortes, Honduras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How US Immigration Policies Endangered Central ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 John Grimbaldsun 4
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 RIP 18
News Back to a bleak future: Deported Honduran famil... (Jul '14) Jul '14 molodye 1
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 terror of politic... 1
News Why Won't Obama Call These Kids Refugees? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 2
News Honduran families deported back to a bleak future (Jul '14) Jul '14 Josh 2
News Democratic Congressman: We have proven communis... (May '14) May '14 david romo 8
More from around the web