'The Only Crime': Testimony of Marcial Hernandez, beaten, detained and hospitalized in Honduras

Aug 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Dominion

"The Only Crime": Testimony of Marcial Hernandez, beaten, detained and hospitalized in Honduras "The Only Crime": Testimony of Marcial Hernandez, beaten, detained, and hospitalized in Honduras Text, translation and photos by Sandra Cuffe San Pedro Sula, Honduras, August 15th, 2009.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2009
tquinnmikelson

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 17, 2009
 
This is getting,way,way out of hand,let him come back it will not last long,lets go back to our lives,Just stupid for three more monthes.I do not want to see it explode,and we may be there,Now I think that I may never,take my kids back to Honduras,Guat. is just fine.I love her,but the people need to fix this.And I'm not sure why the police are doing this,they have a family too.Maybe machismo,But in the end it comes back to their families .Just not right.We all have to get along,not sure how,but we all love this country,and need to put a end of this,it does not even concern us.We just live,and that is all,what ever the Idiots want to do ,just leave out of it........

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

You need to read the story closely...look at who teh reporters are...they aren´t a known news agency but someone with an agenda.
They call the govt of Canada someone who uses Torture...lmao...outrageous.
They also cry for the ´injust´treatment of FARC...

This story is NOT true. I watched the tape on this protest and the agreement was held...protesters asked for 1 hour they were given half an hour more...they had been protesting for THREE HOURS blocking the roads.

No one was beat in the protest and it broke up peacefully. Amazing how they can turn the agreement into something that never occurred.
tquinnmikelson

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 18, 2009
 
Thanks one more time
Summermoondancer wrote:
You need to read the story closely...look at who teh reporters are...they aren´t a known news agency but someone with an agenda.
They call the govt of Canada someone who uses Torture...lmao...outrageous.
They also cry for the ´injust´treatment of FARC...
This story is NOT true. I watched the tape on this protest and the agreement was held...protesters asked for 1 hour they were given half an hour more...they had been protesting for THREE HOURS blocking the roads.
No one was beat in the protest and it broke up peacefully. Amazing how they can turn the agreement into something that never occurred.
Sandra Cuffe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 26, 2009
 
Since you can both read the story yourselves, please clarify where exactly - either in this or any other article - I accuse the Canadian government of torture or denounce the treatment of the FARC?!

These are absurd, slanderous statements. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the very real repression against Marcial Hernandez and thousands of other Hondurans.

Sandra Cuffe
Canadian freelance journalist & photographer in Honduras
tquinnmikelson

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 26, 2009
 
Hey,it is just getting out of hand,we do not know what is realy going on an the politics behind it.We just wait and see,nothing more we can do..
Sandra Cuffe wrote:
Since you can both read the story yourselves, please clarify where exactly - either in this or any other article - I accuse the Canadian government of torture or denounce the treatment of the FARC?!
These are absurd, slanderous statements. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the very real repression against Marcial Hernandez and thousands of other Hondurans.
Sandra Cuffe
Canadian freelance journalist & photographer in Honduras

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 30, 2009
 
Sandra do a search these reporters have accused Canada of torture...it helps if you know who it is you quote before you quote them...if you would like I can embarrass you with the google search I did or you can crawl back under that rock...it doesn´t help our situation that you lie about what is going on...

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 30, 2009
 
Oh and Sandra hitting a cop with a stick or rock is a bad idea in any country...it usually results in either death or getting your ass whipped.
tquinnmikelson

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 30, 2009
 
I wish you were single,we would get in trouble,Stay safe Quinn
Summermoondancer wrote:
Oh and Sandra hitting a cop with a stick or rock is a bad idea in any country...it usually results in either death or getting your ass whipped.
tquinnmikelson

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 30, 2009
 
Oh,thanks your back.. I realy like what you write,And thank you for your concern for our country..Don't know how to tell you,excepts thanks..Been here a long time..And like talking with a person with a mind,Thanks again..
Summermoondancer wrote:
Oh and Sandra hitting a cop with a stick or rock is a bad idea in any country...it usually results in either death or getting your ass whipped.

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 1, 2009
 
Tquinn, I love Honduras and feel it is as much a part of me as is my birth country the US. There is no need to thank me for that. I live here and I refuse to let outsiders bad mouth the country and people that have been so good to me when it is wrong. I accept that there are problems in Honudras but this situation is not one of them. It would better serve people to talk about how to help Honduras deal with situations like homeless children, clean water, and decent living conditions for the poor.
tquinnmikelson

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 1, 2009
 
The world bank was helping allot,but then this mess came up and they quit funding these projects.We had a clean water plant in Copan,that china put in,it broke four years ago,and nobody has figured out how to fix it.most of the problems with the water is no deep wells,it would be nice to see a drill truck.We get most of our water from a stream by the bird park,But if it rains it is really dirty.Our place for the homeless kids closed last year,no money.for the poor,well when i was in Costa Rica 15yrs ago I met some of the Quakers in Montaverdi,they had bought dairy cows for the people and would buy there milk to make cheese,it works good,the farmers take care of the cows and they buy the milk.It put money in the farmers pocket and everything was great
Summermoondancer wrote:
Tquinn, I love Honduras and feel it is as much a part of me as is my birth country the US. There is no need to thank me for that. I live here and I refuse to let outsiders bad mouth the country and people that have been so good to me when it is wrong. I accept that there are problems in Honudras but this situation is not one of them. It would better serve people to talk about how to help Honduras deal with situations like homeless children, clean water, and decent living conditions for the poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••