Homeless handyman arrested in Westchester killing of 86-year-old

Full story: AM New York 13
A homeless man who did odd jobs for an 86-year-old man was charged Wednesday with beating the World War II veteran to death in his Westchester County home, state police said. Full Story
lesley

New York, NY

#1 Apr 4, 2007
A senseless killing, I guess the suspect should feel better now,
he has a place to stay, courtesy
of the system & hopefully he'll be
in for a LONG time!
David Perez

Miami, FL

#2 Apr 4, 2007
That's why he was homeless, because he's a LOSER!, And now a KILLER!
anonymous lake peekskill

Yonkers, NY

#3 Apr 17, 2007
he didnt have to get mad and kill him he was paying him for jobs he probably didnt even need so that bastard can go and rot
anonymous

AOL

#4 Apr 29, 2007
everyone who commented this are a bunch of no good assholes! you guys didn't even know the man. Bicycle Bob was a brilliant, intelligent man who had an extremely hard life and happened to let his rage get the best of him and made a mistake, we all have let our anger get the best of us at least once so before you guys open your mouth, talk to the man. Robert Gallo was a kind-hearted man and I think that the judge should look at this situation and let him off easy. Its okay bobby!
yeah right

Suffolk, VA

#5 May 8, 2007
Hey anonymous. Is that alcoholics anonymous? Because you make no sense at all.
anonymous

Yonkers, NY

#6 Jun 8, 2007
there's no excuse for killing-and there's no excuse for letting your anger get the best of you. that's how cowards talk!! would this same " brilliant ,intelligent" man ,have lost his cool in front of a strong able bodied person. he attacked a person who had done nothing to him, but trusted him whole heartedly. is this how trusting people is rewarded??? no wonder this world is becoming a world full of anger, hate and distrust...a place where our senior citizens,our children are no longer safe.....only because people do not know how to keep a reign on their temper...and bully helpless people ,even killing them much too often.....this madness has got to STOP.
anonymous peekskill

Yonkers, NY

#7 Jun 8, 2007
back off you lowdown killer. may you rot and stay homeless in hell..you deserve all that you got in life..maybe you deserve one helluva lot more....
anonymous peekskill

Yonkers, NY

#8 Jun 8, 2007
send gallo to the gallows!!!
man who knows

AOL

#9 Sep 28, 2007
there's no f'ing excuse for what that nut did. he's a waste of oxygen. I did Know the man and bottom line he is a wierdo that should pay for what he did in the worst way.
PVC

Mattituck, NY

#10 Oct 4, 2007
David Perez wrote:
That's why he was homeless, because he's a LOSER!, And now a KILLER!
You know nothing about this man - he had a very troubled life through no fault of his own. There's no way that what he did was right, but you come across like an idiot.
JonnyBgood

United States

#11 Nov 2, 2007
I've spoken with "Bicycle Bob" on many occasions. I grew up playing baseball on the side of the road and daily he would pass by with a wave and a smile. I believe he wasn't given the social and life skills to get by in the real world. He was dealt a crappy hand from the start from apparently neglegent parents.
Bob should pay for what he has done. Nobody should ever die that way. Call me heartless but I don't feel terribly bad for a grumpy old man that mocks a homeless person...and that's what Bob had to call his "best friend".
jojo

Naugatuck, CT

#12 Nov 25, 2013
Does anyone know how Bicycle Bob died in prison? Any relatives out here?
TimedRight

Eastchester, NY

#13 Jan 8, 2014
Probably just didn't want to live anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History in the News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#1 PERSON for today according to Baltimore Bob 1 hr RighteousRobert 48
Bill Clinton: Garner 'didn't deserve to die' Wed reality is a crutch 1
One Thing To Know For Tomorrow Wed RighteousRobert 1
Presidential Longevity - a Recent Phenomenon Wed Will Dockery 2
Executive orders a courageous way to protect pe... Tue barefoot2626 159
Can Obama's presidency be saved? Dec 15 fedupwiththemess 945
Clinton on protests: People need to feel everyb... Dec 15 reality is a crutch 2
More from around the web