Economic Model Predicts Narrow Romney...

Economic Model Predicts Narrow Romney Victory

There are 278 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Oct 26, 2012, titled Economic Model Predicts Narrow Romney Victory. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

An economic model aimed at predicting presidential elections suggests that Gov. Mitt Romney has a narrowly better chance than President Barack Obama of carrying the race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#291 Nov 2, 2012
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's mistake...
. After all the crap Republicans did to Clinton and the Democrats fighting Bush, Obama wanted to start fresh, extending a branch of olive to the Republicans, thus avoiding prosecutions.
. Those Republicans, on the other hand, are as radical as extremist Muslims. They feel it's their duty to destroy the opposing Party.... They don't hesitate to blow-up stuff, kill or cheat just to make sure they have the upper hand.... We are dealing with rabid psychopaths...
OBAMA HASN'T MET WITH A REPUBLICAN LEADER..........since July......too busy campaigning.

Location hidden

#292 Nov 2, 2012
Your liberal government at work…………Bloomberg gives generators that would make 400 homes operational………to the Marathon.

Where is Obama after his walk on the beach………back in Vegas again where he seems to run every time there is trouble………like Libya.

All of this going on, you have volunteers from other states coming to help…………………they are told no thanks, you are not UNION…………

Drivers Waiting 6 Hours For Gas in NYC...
Tempers Rise in Wake of Storm...
'They forgot about us'...
CHUCK SCHUMER CONFRONTED:'We Are Gonna Die!'
CUOMO:'No reason to panic'...
Utility workers pelted with eggs...
Misery...
Mile-long lines, price hits $6...
Residents Furious RED CROSS Offering Cookies & Hot Chocolate, Not Blankets Or Clothes...WHAT ROMNEY WAS DOING.
Two massive generators power NY media, not masses...
Staten Islanders Plead for Help:'We Need Food'...
'Please don't leave us'...
VIDEO: Stranded New Yorkers Defecating in Apartment Buildings...
DIRE...

REMEMBER THIS ON TUESDAY FOLKS…………THIS IS WHO LIBERALS ARE, THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF THEIR EMPTY WORDS, AND THIS IS WHAT THE UNIONS DID TO RUIN MANUFACTURING IN AMERICA.
He was

Santa Fe, NM

#293 Nov 2, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>OBAMA HASN'T MET WITH A REPUBLICAN LEADER..........since July......too busy campaigning.

with Christie a couple days ago. And he needs to campaign, because we don't want Mitt and Mitt keeps lying.

Location hidden

#294 Nov 2, 2012
He was wrote:
<quoted text>
with Christie a couple days ago. And he needs to campaign, because we don't want Mitt and Mitt keeps lying.
bs, Obama is a show horse, not a work horse.........

Bloomberg Diverts Critical Supplies from Sandy Aid to NYC Marathon...

SLAMMED...

Stranded NYers face getting booted from hotel rooms to make room for marathoners...

BIDEN:'There's Never Been A Day In The Last Four Years I've Been Proud To Be His Vice President'...

Since: Nov 12

Jackson, OH

#295 Nov 2, 2012
After reading this letter, you will never again be able to trust Mitt Romney and you will see with crystal clarity the way that he uses his ignorance as grounds for belligerence. Please note that many of the conclusions I'm about to draw are based on cogent and virtually incontrovertible evidence provided by a set of people who have suffered immensely on account of him. I am truly at a loss for words when he asserts that he values our perspectives. He can't possibly be serious. I suspect that the real story here is that Romney's "brilliant" plan is to have procacious rakes give advice to procacious clodpolls on how to deal with procacious scumbags. I personally fail to see how this will result in any sort of non-procacious outcome, but perhaps I'm forgetting that Romney wants to push the State towards greater influence, self-preservation, and totalitarianism and away from civic engagement, constituent choice, and independent thought. Such intolerance is felt by all people, from every background. Romney's wild biases have caused selfish snollygosters to descend upon us like a swarm of locusts, constructing the spectre of a terrible armed threat.

If you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. There is considerable evidence to show that Romney is serious about wanting to help addlepated philopolemical-types back up their prejudices with "scientific" proof. And here, I insist, lies a clue to the intellectual vacuum so gapingly apparent in his projects. Those of us whose minds are not narcotized still remember his frequent outbreaks of savagery. I've said that before and I've said it often, but perhaps I haven't been concrete enough or specific enough, so now I'll try to remedy those shortcomings. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that he finds reality too difficult to swallow. Or maybe it just gets lost between the sports and entertainment pages. In either case, if we let Romney propitiate the worst classes of frowsy, spleeny delinquents there are for later eventualities, then greed, corruption, and careerism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock-in-trade of the media and educational institutions. Now that this letter has come to an end, I undoubtedly hope you walk away from it realizing that the spirits of our ancestors grieve as they watch Mitt Romney compose paeans to parasitism.
and

Santa Fe, NM

#296 Nov 2, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>bs, Obama is a show horse,
you are a spamming horse's ass.

Location hidden

#297 Nov 2, 2012
and wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a spamming horse's ass.
You scum take advantage of the mentally ill, but hey that's the liberal way, anybody that supports partial birth abortion would not mind cheating the mentally ill.

Concerns raised over possible exploitation of mentally disabled voters > <

Jimmy Green's stepdaughter had never voted before. The 57-year-old is mentally disabled, and Green said she doesn't understand the concept of casting a ballot.

But this week, she called her parents to say she had voted for President Obama. The care home in Fayetteville where she lives registered its residents to vote and drove them to the polls, Green said.

"My concern is that somebody told her who to vote for," he said. "She didn't even know there's two different parties."
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#298 Nov 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Obama's mistake...
. After all the crap Republicans did to Clinton and the Democrats fighting Bush, Obama wanted to start fresh, extending a branch of olive to the Republicans, thus avoiding prosecutions.
. Those Republicans, on the other hand, are as radical as extremist Muslims. They feel it's their duty to destroy the opposing Party.... They don't hesitate to blow-up stuff, kill or cheat just to make sure they have the upper hand.... We are dealing with rabid psychopaths...
We can agree; however, I have yet to hear Obama admit to such a mistake, or promise to rectify the situation. Romney does come across as a raving psychopath.

I want Obama to stand up to the GOP, not cave at every whim. If he is willing to stand up, let him say so.
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#299 Nov 2, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
We can agree; however, I have yet to hear Obama admit to such a mistake, or promise to rectify the situation. Romney does come across as a raving psychopath.
I want Obama to stand up to the GOP, not cave at every whim. If he is willing to stand up, let him say so.
It's a trap!

. Republicans live to fight and they enjoy fighting. If you wanna do something productive, sometimes you better off ignoring the barking and concentrate on your work

. With one hand tied behind his back by this boycotting Congress, Obama did a lot for this Country. Instead, Obama could have chosen to fight Republican Congress back. And if he did, the American people would be the loser. Now, you look back and wonder, how much better the Economy would be if supremacist Republicans did not make an aggressive effort to sabotage the Negro president???

. You don't fight toddlers having a tamper tantrum
. If Obama were to respond to every GOP attack, he'd have no time left to do his job
. Obama is winning the big fight and that's enough for me....
dont

Santa Fe, NM

#300 Nov 2, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You scum take advantage of the mentally ill,
be so down on yourself.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#301 Nov 2, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Benghazi Drip-Drip-Drip...Obama continues to avoid the American people to tell the truth.
CIA Reveals Timeline...Another spin, another lie.
Sensitive U.S. Documents STILL Lying Around Wreckage...TWO WEEKS AFTER THE FBI WAS SUPPOSEDLY THERE TO INVESTIGATE.
State Dept never called for military back up...NOR DID THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF………HE WENT TO BED AND FLEW TO VEGAS TO CAMPAIGN AND PARTY.
BUCHANAN: Hillary's head should roll...SHE SHOULD RESIGN TODAY. Obama should resign yesterday.
How do Republicans sleep at night? How do they and Romney explain their thieving ways, and deaths of THOUSANDS of Americans by their own hand???

Provided your eyes are still functional, and you turn your hearing aids up, I suggest that you take the next 4 hours analyzing this film and its footage...MANY believers in RepubliSCUM have watched this video, and this is what has changed their minds, as RepubliSCUM know not what the REAL definition of "WORK" is...when the walls close in on Republicans, they concoct schemes to seize power (like Presidential assassinations - John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy), or send America into a tailspin, so that they can take over and smooth things over, while making up bogus feats in order to steal MORE money from everyday Americans (
&f eature=related)...they have NO intention of doing so in 2012, because they know their chance is coming up in 2016...THIS is why 9/11 happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Thieving is the prominent goal of RepubliSCUM, and INTELLIGENT, PATRIOTIC Americans know the truth, and these Americans will vote out RepubliSCUM, because they don't believe that they should be voting for thieving RepubliSCUM that steal money from them, in order to stage fake feats, and store large amounts of money in offshore accounts for themselves!

Now...what what that that you were saying about the 5,000 plus Americans that died, because of DECEPTIVE REPUBLICAN POLICIES again, senior citizen? Tsk tsk tsk!

VOTE OBAMA 2012-2016!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#302 Nov 2, 2012
There were no Navy Seals, both Ex Seals were employees of the British Firm Blue Mountain, it's misleading and a lie to classify either of the murdered mercenaries as Seals, as neither were Active Duty Military.

Where were the CSG personnel staged? The group of CIA Contractors never got to Benghazi until after 3 am, the initial attack at the Consulate began at 9:40 pm.

Where we the CSG personnel, they were not in Benghazi, where were they coming from? The Annex which also found itself under Attack on Sept 11, 2012, was not part of the Consulate, the Annex was a CIA safe house for the Blue Mountain Contractors not American Military or Embassy Personnel.
Twenty four to one wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said in the second debate he knew of the Attacks in Benghazi in Time to Save the Navy SEALs.
BUT
Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack…
“The [Counterterrorism Security Group] is the one group that’s supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies,” a high-ranking government official told CBS News.“They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon.”…
Another senior counter terrorism official says a hostage rescue team was alternately asked to get ready and then stand down throughout the night, as officials seemed unable to make up their minds.
A third potential responder from a counter-terror force stationed in Europe says components of AFICOM — the military’s Africa Command based in Stuttgart, Germany — were working on course of action during the assault. But no plan was put to use…
“The response process was isolated at the most senior level,” says an official referring to top officials in the executive branch.“My fellow counterterrorism professionals and I (were) not consulted.”
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#303 Nov 2, 2012
America knows the truth, we know there were no Seals involved in the Attack on the Consulate. We know that the Americans who were identified as Seals were no in the Military and were Mercenaries who were employed by a British Security firm who held a contract for security with the CIA.

We know that the initial attack where Stevens loss his life occured at 9:40 pm, and that the Security Employees who also were murdered were killed in another location separate an a mile away from the Consulate at 3:30am after they arrived from Tripoli as reinforcement to guard Blue Mountain assets.

We also know the first Drone didn't show up in Benghazi until after the Consulate attack was over some 2 hours later so there could have been no drone filming Stevens murder, who died at the local Benghazi hospital from Smoke inhalation.

We also heard Obama refer to the Attack the next day as Acts of Terrorism, unless you would believe he was talking further about Bin Laden''s attack some 11 years earlier in New York and the killing of Bin Laden twice.

Most of all we know Romney and his supporters are pandering using the corpses of Ambassador Stevens for leverage and political gain. Mostly because of the omission of the other attacks on U.S Embassies in the region on Sept 11, 2012.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Benghazi Drip-Drip-Drip...Obama continues to avoid the American people to tell the truth.
CIA Reveals Timeline...Another spin, another lie.
Sensitive U.S. Documents STILL Lying Around Wreckage...TWO WEEKS AFTER THE FBI WAS SUPPOSEDLY THERE TO INVESTIGATE.
State Dept never called for military back up...NOR DID THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF………HE WENT TO BED AND FLEW TO VEGAS TO CAMPAIGN AND PARTY.
BUCHANAN: Hillary's head should roll...SHE SHOULD RESIGN TODAY. Obama should resign yesterday.

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#304 Nov 4, 2012
El Jimblow is a serious trolling spam twit.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#305 Nov 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>OBAMA HASN'T MET WITH A REPUBLICAN LEADER..........since July......too busy campaigning.
A republican leader?

Rush wasn't available.
responder

Columbus, OH

#306 Nov 5, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>They are supposed to stand at the mic and ASK question moon beam.......now go back to picking up cow patties.
"Supposed to" according to whom, moron? Every single member of the so-called "MSM?" Or will someone represent them?

"Moonbeam" is a perfect word for you. Totally wrecked emotionally, intellectually, and socially. You live under a bridge in a cardboard box, I'd guess.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#307 Nov 5, 2012
<quoted text>
It's a trap!
. Republicans live to fight and they enjoy fighting. If you wanna do something productive, sometimes you better off ignoring the barking and concentrate on your work
. With one hand tied behind his back by this boycotting Congress, Obama did a lot for this Country. Instead, Obama could have chosen to fight Republican Congress back. And if he did, the American people would be the loser. Now, you look back and wonder, how much better the Economy would be if supremacist Republicans did not make an aggressive effort to sabotage the Negro president???
. You don't fight toddlers having a tamper tantrum
. If Obama were to respond to every GOP attack, he'd have no time left to do his job
. Obama is winning the big fight and that's enough for me....
I do see your point, but from my point of view, Obama did more than extend an olive branch. He appeared to cave on issue after issue. Take health care for example. Reform was/is desperately needed. When he pulled in republicans and others concerned on what the plan should look like; the approach was to run all the plans through the grading process by the GAO. Those who came to argue for and present single payer were not only not allowed to present, they were arrested. Single payer was not graded because everyone knew it would be a no-brainer as it improves health care and lowers costs dramatically. Instead we ended up with a republican program straight from the Heritage foundation designed to take from the middle class and give their wealth to a few rich CEOs at health insurance companies.

Instead of voiding the Pat Act and restoring freedom the citizens of the USA, he extended it and further signed the NDAA which enshrines our loss of freedom.

Instead of acting to investigate the varied and numerous crimes of the bush administration, they were ignored, which will further embolden the next republican president to break any laws they want at any time, no reason need be given.

While the economy is starting to recover, there were many things Obama could have done to make it happen faster. We know exactly what those things are because FDR eventually did them. Rebuild the infrastructure, hiring millions to get the work done. He could have done that by presidential edict, but chose not to.

So while Obama is much much better than Romney, he is not acceptable to me.
native american

Tulsa, OK

#308 Nov 5, 2012
how can your economic model be so wrong", your a joke, slick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History in the News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The inside story of how the Clintons built a $2... 1 hr Le Jimbo 10
News Obama less popular than every living president ... 1 hr wild child 1
News Clinton Foundation accused of trading ex-presid... 23 hr American_Infidel 45
News 'I'm ready to do this again': Rick Santorum jum... Tue Tazo 1
So glad Britain got blitzed May 29 Jim 1
News Hillary Clinton: A woman ready to lead a " beca... May 29 Wiktor 2
News Are Black Voters Ready For Hillary Clinton? May 28 T-BOS 2
More from around the web