News media relations with Obama hit low ebb over golf weekend

Feb 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Relations between the White House and the correspondents who cover it, always edgy and adversarial, have hit a low ebb in a dispute over whether the press should have access to the president during his downtime.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2013

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

always edgy and adversarial???????

what the hell is he talking about...
obama could be on the south lawn bar-b-queing kittens and those frikking lemming would give him a pass!
MIke

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

LOL Obamas got elected both times because the press gave him a major Pass. Now that our Incompetent in chief leader has really no one to
Answer to now, I hope the media realizes that the relationship is over .
Silly lemmings fell for it all!!!!
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

He doesn*t give a crap now.He has no more elections.I hope he screws these pitiful yes man journalists.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Awwwwww, poor media morons.

Actually, Obama has given just as many press
conferences as Bush in the same time and more of them have been open to questions than Bush's.
Osama Obama Hates USA

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

It didn't stop NBC from doing their little editing trick to change what Paul Ryan said about the immigration [leak]from the White House.
justhefacts

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Gary wrote:
Awwwwww, poor media morons.
Actually, Obama has given just as many press
conferences as Bush in the same time and more of them have been open to questions than Bush's.
I have to ask this are you intelligently challenged?? Jesus READ the article, I quote
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/19/us-...

Martha Joynt Kumar, a political scientist at Towson University in Maryland who studies the presidency, said Obama held only 107 brief question-and-answer encounters with the media in his first four years, compared with 354 by George W. Bush in his first term.

WHY are you DEMS so STUPUD!!!!! Reflects you voter Base huh…

To add. Its not even ABOUT how many pres conferences its WHAT the LIB media ask in questions to a Rep President

Lib Media asking Lib Obama questions is like a spelling bee spelling being 95% of the word is spelled out by the press and Obama only needs to fill 5% so he looks SMART,,

I remember this in 91, when BUSH went to a school Lib Media thought this was WRONG and the Dems had Bush up on a congressional hearing . But when Obama did the EXACT same thing Lib Media touted how Wondefull it was!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/1991-bush-spe...
On October 1, 1991, president George H.W. Bush delivered a speech to schoolchildren, almost identical to the one that President Obama is scheduled to deliver today. Far from being accepted as a motivating message, the Democrat controlled congress immediately ordered a General Accounting Office investigation of the administration, convened extensive hearings, and summoned senior Bush officials to Capitol Hill to testify.

The Washington Post published a front-page story slamming the speech as a partisan political ploy. "The White House turned a Northwest Washington junior high classroom into a television studio and its students into props," the Post reported at the time.

That’s what the Diff here are Skippy….

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to ask this are you intelligently challenged?? Jesus READ the article, I quote
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/19/us-...
Martha Joynt Kumar, a political scientist at Towson University in Maryland who studies the presidency, said Obama held only 107 brief question-and-answer encounters with the media in his first four years, compared with 354 by George W. Bush in his first term.
WHY are you DEMS so STUPUD!!!!! Reflects you voter Base huh…
To add. Its not even ABOUT how many pres conferences its WHAT the LIB media ask in questions to a Rep President
Lib Media asking Lib Obama questions is like a spelling bee spelling being 95% of the word is spelled out by the press and Obama only needs to fill 5% so he looks SMART,,
I remember this in 91, when BUSH went to a school Lib Media thought this was WRONG and the Dems had Bush up on a congressional hearing . But when Obama did the EXACT same thing Lib Media touted how Wondefull it was!!!
http://www.examiner.com/article/1991-bush-spe...
On October 1, 1991, president George H.W. Bush delivered a speech to schoolchildren, almost identical to the one that President Obama is scheduled to deliver today. Far from being accepted as a motivating message, the Democrat controlled congress immediately ordered a General Accounting Office investigation of the administration, convened extensive hearings, and summoned senior Bush officials to Capitol Hill to testify.
The Washington Post published a front-page story slamming the speech as a partisan political ploy. "The White House turned a Northwest Washington junior high classroom into a television studio and its students into props," the Post reported at the time.
That’s what the Diff here are Skippy….
gary is just REAL stupid.
but, to be fair, there isn't an obamite on here that uses facts, truth or intelligent debate to back up their support for obama...
and, there IS a reason for that!
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MIke wrote:
LOL Obamas got elected both times because the press gave him a major Pass. Now that our Incompetent in chief leader has really no one to
Answer to now, I hope the media realizes that the relationship is over .
Silly lemmings fell for it all!!!!
The press still is giving him a pass. I think this jerk shoud be FIRED.

CBS NEWS DIRECTOR: OBAMA MUST 'DESTROY THE GOP'
'If he wants to transform American politics, he must go for the throat'
Published: 01/19/2013 at 6:04 PM
(Newsbusters)“The president who came into office speaking in lofty terms about bipartisanship and cooperation can only cement his legacy if he destroys the GOP. If he wants to transform American politics, he must go for the throat.”
So astonishingly wrote CBS News political director John Dickerson at Slate Friday evening in a piece astonishingly titled “Go for the Throat! Why if he wants to transform American politics, Obama must declare war on the Republican Party.”
Dickerson is no longer interested in Obama trying bipartisanship in his second term – as if that’s what the President did in his first.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cbs-news-director-...
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Wow - over a golf game?

Ironic when you think the frightwingers believe he gets too much press.

Geez, folks, grow up.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The press still is giving him a pass. I think this jerk shoud be FIRED.
CBS NEWS DIRECTOR: OBAMA MUST 'DESTROY THE GOP'
'If he wants to transform American politics, he must go for the throat'
Published: 01/19/2013 at 6:04 PM
(Newsbusters)“The president who came into office speaking in lofty terms about bipartisanship and cooperation can only cement his legacy if he destroys the GOP. If he wants to transform American politics, he must go for the throat.”
So astonishingly wrote CBS News political director John Dickerson at Slate Friday evening in a piece astonishingly titled “Go for the Throat! Why if he wants to transform American politics, Obama must declare war on the Republican Party.”
Dickerson is no longer interested in Obama trying bipartisanship in his second term – as if that’s what the President did in his first.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/cbs-news-director-...
Do you walk backwards too?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

fatbacks x wrote:
<quoted text>Do you walk backwards too?
Yes, but I do not walk with my head down kissing Obama's AZZ like you libs do. There were several news reporters got FIRED for the same thing that this president of CBS has done and if there is such a thing as "equal rights" then he should be FIRED.

Can you walk backwards, or only with your head down kissing AZZ?
see the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Why should he care, after all he's so TRANSPARENT!
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Given Tiger's proclivities I would not want the press following me around on a 'boys out' weekend with Tiger!
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I do not walk with my head down kissing Obama's AZZ like you libs do. There were several news reporters got FIRED for the same thing that this president of CBS has done and if there is such a thing as "equal rights" then he should be FIRED.
Can you walk backwards, or only with your head down kissing AZZ?
You must be a holy rolling christian to be so judgemental without any facts AT ALL!
carey529

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Responsibility wrote:
Wow - over a golf game?
Ironic when you think the frightwingers believe he gets too much press.
Geez, folks, grow up.
dear, are you REALLY that cluless?
it was the media making a stink, not the republicans...they were too busy laughing at your idiot messiah.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
gary is just REAL stupid.
but, to be fair, there isn't an obamite on here that uses facts, truth or intelligent debate to back up their support for obama...
and, there IS a reason for that!
The reason is that your skulls are devoid of brain matter.

By the way, Cash, show me just one of your posts that contains "intelligent debate".(Stomping out you age doesn't count.)
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
it was the media making a stink, not the republicans..
Dearie, I never said it was the republicants whining and whinging and moaning and whining about not covering a golf game.

The irony - read the word IRONY again - is that the republicants complain that this president gets too much publicity - what was one of those fux bobblehead's comment about flossing!?

Hope you comprendez-vous?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 20, 2013
 
fatbacks x wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a holy rolling christian to be so judgemental without any facts AT ALL!
I am sorry you can not read - I gave you the FACTS when I posted thed web site. Go back and read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••