Obama, Clinton to launch healthcare campaign push Tuesday

Sep 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

President Barack Obama will turn to his unofficial "secretary of explaining stuff," former President Bill Clinton, on Tuesday to help with a final push to extol the benefits of U.S. healthcare reform before new insurance exchanges go live on October 1. Obama, who is in New York for the United Nations General Assembly, will meet with his most recent ... (more)

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

if you can't afford $2000 a year, less than $200 a month in deductibles for a silver plan chances are you can't afford the silver plan.

However, if $2000 is a financial burden most likely that individual and their family will qualify for medicaid buy in.

Also, out of pocket expense for medical coverage has always been tax deductible when it consumes a specific amount relative to your adjusted gross income.

So chances are you'll get that money out of pocket back when and if that individual files their income taxes.
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
With current information the cheapest or cheaper plan is the bronze plan but that plan only covers 60% of services AND you must hit a $3200 a year deductible. And there are exclusions to what is covered by insurance payments.
So one or two procedures a non insured patient might have done without could cost them at least 5000 dollars.$5000 is a lot of routine bills that could be paid for stuff needed for daily existence like utilities, car, house repairs, rent, mortgage etc. For many those few thousand dollars a year are the difference between bankruptcy, trashed credit rating, foreclosure, eviction and/or flatout poverty & welfare. I know people who staved off bankruptcy for years by not carrying health insurance.
Even the silver plan has a $2000 a year deductible. Two thousand dollars again are a lot of routine bill payments needed for daily existence.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/13/news/economy/...
http://www.egtrust.org/BRONZE%20PLAN%20 (includes%20Preventive%20Drug% 20List%20Pre-Certification%20L ist%20Consult%20A%20Doctor%20a nd%20Wellness%20Preventive%20F lyer)%20effective%209-1-11.pdf
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

http://www.irs.gov/PUP/newsroom/TD%209611.pdf

This document contains final regulations relating to the health insurance
premium tax credit enacted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the
Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. These final regulations provide
guidance to individuals related to employees who may enroll in eligible employer sponsored coverage and who wish to enroll in qualified health plans through Affordable
Insurance Exchanges (Exchanges) and claim the premium tax credit
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
If as you say a majority oppose the law, Romney would be president today. Romney ran on a platform to repeal the law, and Obama ran on a platform to improve the law.
It's not as if the Election was a close matter. The counting was over before 10:30 pm Eastern Standard Time. And Obama won by a large margin.
59% of the American public wants the law to go into effect, 33% desire the law to be defunded or repealed.
Again the Republicans come up short in the count of Americans. Your politics and choices in the direction of the country have thoroughly been rejected by the majority of citizens in America.
The same lies repeated often will never be true. Romney lost because he wasn't a good candidate, and Øbama had a machine in place to get the job done. The House picked up seats for conservatives and the Senate lost a couple. Your 59% is still a lie and the 33% are the number that say defund it even if it shuts down government. That number increases when asked if they want it defunded if it will not shut down government.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
59% of Americans agree with the present law, you obvious are in the minority that don't agree with the law.
In a democratic republic 59% is the majority of Americans. What majority do you represent because it's obviously not in America.
That was proven in the 2012 elections. Romney clearly ran on a platform to repeal Obamacare, seems you guys in opposition conveniently forgot the smack down of Romney, it's not as if the election was close and easy to forget.
You, your sense of fair play and justice by the standards established in our society is mildly distorted.
<quoted text>
Got any facts to support your ridiculous statements?

According to a recent Washington Post/ABC News poll:
"Just 42 percent of those polled support the law while 52 percent disapprove. Dig into those numbers and a clear passion gap presents itself; 26 percent strongly support the law while 39 percent strongly oppose it. But, wait, there’s more. Thirty six percent believe the law has made the health care system worse while 19 percent think it’s made it better.(Among independents, just 16 percent think it has made things better while 35 percent say it has made things worse.) Just nine percent of people said that the law had made their family’s health care costs better while 33 percent said it had made them worse.(Among independents, that was 10 percent better/34 percent worse.)"

Other polls show even more disapproval for the law, and for various reasons. Most Americans want to eliminate Obamacare, actually.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
It is pretty sad when you have to call on an Impeached President to give yourself any credibility.
Hilarious, You talking about credibility? You even believe Fox news. Incredible.
vcanucks

North York, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
My two favorate Presidents... I get a chill up my leg just thinking about how 'We the People' elected these 2 great Presidents.
The chill up your leg is your boyfriend's cold hand.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious, You talking about credibility? You even believe Fox news. Incredible.
We've been waiting over 2 weeks for scat to post those Constitution violations.....

scatcrickets..........
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

There is no chance in defunding it and it not shutting down Government...... Do you think the American people are fools to go for that....... ROFLMAO

59% want the ACA Enacted, there is no support for Republican policies in large numbers, and those politics have been rejected as demonstrated in the 2012 Elections where Romney ran on a platform to Repeal or Replace the ACA.

ROFLMAO.......... Republicans and polls...... you would have thought you guys had enough of those fraud polls you spout after proven liars not more than 11 months ago.

Only poll number regarding Republicans that matter is the 18% approval rating of Republicans in Congress, which is higher than the 13% for Republican in Obama's first Term.
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
The same lies repeated often will never be true. Romney lost because he wasn't a good candidate, and Øbama had a machine in place to get the job done. The House picked up seats for conservatives and the Senate lost a couple. Your 59% is still a lie and the 33% are the number that say defund it even if it shuts down government. That number increases when asked if they want it defunded if it will not shut down government.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

you republicans have some never to flash polls AGAIN........ ROFLMAO

Sound eerily like the false polls claiming Romney was close in contesting President Obama in the 2012 Presidential Campaign......

If there was any truth in the polls you guys claim, Mitt Romney would be president after swearing to repeal ACA if he were President.

The Election was not close........ ROFLMAO

There's no way you could have mistaken the results of the Election as Americans being indecisive and favoring or seeing anything positive in Republican concerns, politics or their agenda to continue delaying, stalling and obstructing Government or the ACA

60% of the population believe the Republicans to be Anti American and the vanguard for the Oligarch.

SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Got any facts to support your ridiculous statements?
According to a recent Washington Post/ABC News poll:
"Just 42 percent of those polled support the law while 52 percent disapprove. Dig into those numbers and a clear passion gap presents itself; 26 percent strongly support the law while 39 percent strongly oppose it. But, wait, there’s more. Thirty six percent believe the law has made the health care system worse while 19 percent think it’s made it better.(Among independents, just 16 percent think it has made things better while 35 percent say it has made things worse.) Just nine percent of people said that the law had made their family’s health care costs better while 33 percent said it had made them worse.(Among independents, that was 10 percent better/34 percent worse.)"
Other polls show even more disapproval for the law, and for various reasons. Most Americans want to eliminate Obamacare, actually.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

[1-1]
You forgot American-spirit!
So, you cannot win wars lately!

[1-2]
Both American-Democratic-Party and American-Republic-Party are wrong!
Today American-media tto wrong!
America's top1% is wrong!

You must get rid of America's top1% now!

[1-3]
You yourself proved this fact.
And, so, you won against Soviet-Union.

Both today's American-Republicans and Liberal-elites are wrong!

So, Clinton too is wrong.

The U.S. was a supporter of average-person!
And, Soviet-Union was evil-snob-elites-Nazis.
Soviet-Union was in an elitist attitude.
Soviet-Union had elite consciousness.

You yourself descrebed so.

This is NOT a Hollywood-fantasy-story!
This is a real story!
And, you Americans loved this story!
You forgot American-spirit!

Please wake up Americans now!

[1-4]
And, so, the U.S. hates Britisdh.
The U.S. hates Europe.
And, so, what is western-countries?

And, Japan has emperors.

So, Islamists must hate Japan and Europe.

You are making enemies!
You are wrong!

[1-5]
I have NO intention to support Hollywood.
I have NO intention to support Sony.

I love the U.S.

[1-6]
And, so, Putin is extrtemely evil!
Putin know this.
Putin was KGB.

So, Putin is riding Harley-Davidson.

Putin is lying.
But, Putin is better than America-top1% in deceiving people!

I have NO intention to support Putin.
BUT,
America-top1% are useless-incompetent-lazy-dull- disgusting-stupid-rich-boys!
You must fire America-top1% now!

You have changed.
You are wrong.

[2-1]
[Wikipedia]
Miracle on Ice
The "Miracle on Ice" is the name in American popular culture for a medal-round men's ice hockey game during the 1980 Winter Olympics at Lake Placid, New York, on Friday, February 22. The United States team, made up of amateur and collegiate players and led by coach Herb Brooks, defeated the Soviet team, who had won nearly every world championship and Olympic tournament since 1954.

[2-2]
[Wikipedia]
Rocky IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_IV
Plot
In 1985, Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren), a highly intimidating 6-foot 5, 261-pound Soviet boxer, arrives in the United States with his wife Ludmilla (Brigitte Nielsen), and a team of trainers from the USSR and Cuba.

To prepare for the fight, Drago uses very high-tech equipment and a team of trainers and doctors monitoring him every moment.
Rocky, on the other hand, throws heavy logs, chops down trees, pulls an overloaded snow sleigh, jogs in heavy snow and treacherous icy conditions and climbs a mountain.

[3]
And, I hate Japan.
I am NEVER a Japanese.
I will be an American.

Of course, the U.S. must have Universal-Health-Care only in the U.S. only among Americans.
The U.S. must revive Labor-Unions only in the U.S. only among Americans.
The U.S. must revive antitrust-law only in the U.S. only for Americans.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Yes, Putin is garbege-evil-dictator!
But, American-politicians and America's top1% are lesser than Putin!

I hate Putin.
But, American-politicians and America's top1% are useless.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Japan and Japanese-people have been making a fool of me.
So, I hate Japan.
Remember Pearl Harbor!
I will get revenge against Japan!
sam

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

See, this is why we need anarchy.
Adale

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Shinichiro Takizawa wrote:
Yes, Putin is garbege-evil-dictator!
But, American-politicians and America's top1% are lesser than Putin!
I hate Putin.
But, American-politicians and America's top1% are useless.
You have a better grasp of what's taken place in america than most
Americans have.
Exactly my sediments ,the global elitist from both parties are going to be our downfall.
Adale

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

If your a young adult in good health do not buy into Obama care, the penalty is only 95 dollars for the first year and the premiums you would have paid is out of your reach.don't do it, your throwing away your money.

And for other healthy people It's the same, wait and pay the first few doctor visits out of your own pocket,(much cheaper)than paying your premium. If a condition is diagnosed, pregnantcy, bad back, ect, ect, then and only then sign up for Obama care, the date on your application will be the date of coverage if your accepted .
See the savings your going to have, 95 v what ever your premium
would be.

If you break a leg, arm, or anything
else while not covered, simply do what you do now, go to the emergency room and receive treatment. When the hospital sends you the bill , once again do as you do now......throw it in the trash .

Remember, you cannot be denied because of preconditions.

What a joke........I smell another tax on the middle class.

This system was not thought out very well and will break the back of
the working middleclass.

Wanna bet me.....place your bet and post back in 5 years.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

I am sorry that I forgot to paste the address.

[2-1]
[Wikipedia]
Miracle on Ice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_on_Ice

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Like rugby said..he'd never get those votes anyway. I'm sure they're heartbroken.
In about 5 days they will be.

IRS Watchdog:$67 Million Missing from Obamacare Slush Fund...

ADMITS:'WE DID RAISE TAXES ON SOME THINGS'

Premiums: Tennessee men face 290% increase, women 197%...

TRIPLES KY FAMILY'S INSURANCE OVERNIGHT...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
you republicans have some never to flash polls AGAIN........ ROFLMAO
Sound eerily like the false polls claiming Romney was close in contesting President Obama in the 2012 Presidential Campaign......
If there was any truth in the polls you guys claim, Mitt Romney would be president after swearing to repeal ACA if he were President.
The Election was not close........ ROFLMAO
There's no way you could have mistaken the results of the Election as Americans being indecisive and favoring or seeing anything positive in Republican concerns, politics or their agenda to continue delaying, stalling and obstructing Government or the ACA
60% of the population believe the Republicans to be Anti American and the vanguard for the Oligarch.
<quoted text>
Premiums: Tennessee men face 290% increase, women 197%...

TRIPLES KY FAMILY'S INSURANCE OVERNIGHT...
STD free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>Even funnier is that both Clinton and Obama is much more popular than any republican; past or present.
It's because most Americans are brain dead
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
NY insurances dropping up to 50%. CA, up to 20-30%.
Here in PA, the mean rate will be $286./month for the mid-range plan. F U capital blue cross. And to hell with the red states who are holding their breaths and citizens hostage, by not participating. Let them pay more.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

open enrollment begins: 5 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••