Mogan column: World War I hysteria th...

Mogan column: World War I hysteria threatened freedom

There are 1 comment on the St. Cloud Times story from Mar 23, 2013, titled Mogan column: World War I hysteria threatened freedom. In it, St. Cloud Times reports that:

When I was a child growing up in Pipestone, my mother told me about a neighbor who had refused to register for the draft during World War I. When a group of local men heard about this man, they surrounded his house and splattered it with yellow paint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Cloud Times.

Page

Anchorage, AK

#1 Mar 24, 2013
That's it? A couple of sentences? Men threw yellow paint on the man's house? You want comments? Maybe you should give us some background on the situation going into WWI. My grandfather from Luverne served in that war.

I think you are a young kid that is out of his / her depth and don't know what it was like pre WWI and your frame of reference is the idiocy of world affairs you have seen personally and project that it has always been that way. Big mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History in the News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton Inc exposed for what it was 7 hr Spank4587 2
News Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Trump inaugu... Sun Mall Cop 49
News Stress ages everybody, especially the President... Sat Robert Laity 1
News Four key times presidential nominees failed to ... Jan 11 West 11th 4
News Trump's victory was history rhyming with itself... Jan 10 positronium 67
News Pressure on Obama to grant last-minute pardons,... Jan 6 coyote505 14
News Inside the eerie Mississippi hoarder's house Jan 1 JRB1861 1
More from around the web