On this Day: Germany Initiates the Ba...

On this Day: Germany Initiates the Battle of Britain

There are 7 comments on the www.findingdulcinea.com story from Aug 13, 2008, titled On this Day: Germany Initiates the Battle of Britain. In it, www.findingdulcinea.com reports that:

On Aug. 13, 1940, the Battle of Britain began when Germany launched Eagle Day, its first major offensive against Britain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.findingdulcinea.com.

Tom

Lenni, PA

#1 Aug 13, 2008
A testament to the strength and solidarity of the British.
Adam Suvan

Lenni, PA

#2 Aug 13, 2008
With all the colossal blunders made by the German army, it's amazing that they got as far as they did. Then again, we barely won that war, so it's scary to think what could have happened without mistakes like this on the part of the Germans.
Adam

New York, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2009
It's easy for Americans to overlook what an intense battle this was. I mean, imagine if there were aerial combat and massive bombings in DC?
cody

Tucson, AZ

#4 Feb 15, 2010
it was very informational thank you
ericgyoung

San Jose, CA

#5 Aug 16, 2010
This was an excellent article. I did not realize that Germany changed the focus of its air raids after Britain attacked Berlin. Strong proof that steely and steady leadership wins the day! Please keep up the absolutely excellent work you are producing!
hi people

Caledonia, MI

#7 Mar 20, 2014
hi
hi people

Caledonia, MI

#8 Mar 20, 2014
hi poeple

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History in the News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence On Harvey Weinst... 26 min SirLiesAlot 137
News Russian who says he helped meddle in US electio... 1 hr Jacob 4
News Bill, Chelsea Clinton bringing student conferen... Oct 15 red state blues 5
News Why are Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama silent... Oct 10 Kev from Michigan 1
News 5 living ex-presidents to headline hurricane re... Oct 6 Theocraencyclical 3
News Evacuations from Bali volcano swell to more tha... Sep 25 Wildchild 1
News People call for the removal of the Bill Clinton... Aug '17 Dougrpdcty 1
More from around the web