Team, school at odds over facility use

Team, school at odds over facility use

There are 16 comments on the Courier Standard story from Jan 18, 2012, titled Team, school at odds over facility use. In it, Courier Standard reports that:

Officially, the St. Johnsville Central School District lacks a drama department but recent events involving the disputed use of the district's athletic facilities by the New York Valley Bombers winter basketball teams and meddling by the district's athletic Director, Jason Brundage, and school board President, Chris Mosher, are filling the gap ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier Standard.

Anonymous

North Creek, NY

#1 Jan 20, 2012
This seems to be one of the better pieces of journalism I've seen lately.
Anonymous

North Creek, NY

#2 Jan 20, 2012
This may be the longest news article I've read. But I have to say I read the whole thing as it held my attention.
I dont get it

Queensbury, NY

#3 Jan 21, 2012
22 Works wrote:
This seems to be one of the better pieces of journalism I've seen lately.
This article seems scattered and unsubstantiated. What does Chis Moser have to do with this article? What documentation did the reporter find to validate the opinion of the parties effected? Referencing a letter to the editor as supporting information is one of the biggest no-nos in journalism. Grammatical errors aside, this article seems to be quite slanted and hardly worth any praise as an example of effective journalism. This story mirrors most of the photographs of school children in local newspapers today, they are submitted by parents and grandparents, hoping to get press and a cut out for the fridge. This story seems to have been submitted as well, by people who believe it must have happened that way, after piecing various rumors together and being "done wrong" in the past. No concluding facts whatsoever! This is just water cooler gossip and should not be held in high esteem in my opinion.
You ll never get it

Glens Falls, NY

#4 Jan 21, 2012
The article sounds like the same opinion as 80% of St. Johnsville.
laugh

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Jan 21, 2012
You ll never get it wrote:
The article sounds like the same opinion as 80% of St. Johnsville.
You better clarify that.. it sounds like the same opinion as 80% of the idiot population of St. Johnsville, not of the entire village of St. Johnsville.
Foxy Lady

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jan 21, 2012
Did Bobby Smith write this article or Bobby Carr?
Dumb

Hudson Falls, NY

#7 Jan 21, 2012
I dont get it wrote:
<quoted text> This article seems scattered and unsubstantiated. What does Chis Moser have to do with this article? What documentation did the reporter find to validate the opinion of the parties effected? Referencing a letter to the editor as supporting information is one of the biggest no-nos in journalism. Grammatical errors aside, this article seems to be quite slanted and hardly worth any praise as an example of effective journalism. This story mirrors most of the photographs of school children in local newspapers today, they are submitted by parents and grandparents, hoping to get press and a cut out for the fridge. This story seems to have been submitted as well, by people who believe it must have happened that way, after piecing various rumors together and being "done wrong" in the past. No concluding facts whatsoever! This is just water cooler gossip and should not be held in high esteem in my opinion.
. THIS ARTICILE IS SLANDEROUS, NOT WATER COOLER GOSSIP, ATTACKING THE SCHOOL BOARD PRESIDENT, AND A D OF OUR SCHOOL BY PEOPlE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE KIDS ENROLLED HERE.(FOX , SMITH) ALONG WITH THE WRITER WHO SENT HIS KIDS SOME WHERE ELSE A FEW YEARS AGO. HOW CREDIBLE ARE THEY.?
Fed Up

Glens Falls, NY

#8 Jan 21, 2012
Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>. THIS ARTICILE IS SLANDEROUS, NOT WATER COOLER GOSSIP, ATTACKING THE SCHOOL BOARD PRESIDENT, AND A D OF OUR SCHOOL BY PEOPlE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE KIDS ENROLLED HERE.(FOX , SMITH) ALONG WITH THE WRITER WHO SENT HIS KIDS SOME WHERE ELSE A FEW YEARS AGO. HOW CREDIBLE ARE THEY.?
They, like many others, have had enough. People usually just don t want to get involved with these dimented people, so they go else where. It is time now in StJ to stand up to the glorious ones, so let's do it. Get rid of them. And if Brundage and Mosher are really for the kids and not themselves, like we all believe, maybe they should take a giant step back, out of the limelight but they won t because they are sick in the head.
comment

Queensbury, NY

#9 Jan 21, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
They, like many others, have had enough. People usually just don t want to get involved with these dimented people, so they go else where. It is time now in StJ to stand up to the glorious ones, so let's do it. Get rid of them. And if Brundage and Mosher are really for the kids and not themselves, like we all believe, maybe they should take a giant step back, out of the limelight but they won t because they are sick in the head.
If Cherri Fox is the voice of reason here we are all in trouble!
Mean

North Creek, NY

#10 Jan 22, 2012
comment wrote:
<quoted text> If Cherri Fox is the voice of reason here we are all in trouble!
I think this is a pretty nasty comment to make. Cherrie is a great girl and I find it very nasty to speak about her in this way.
Edsmith13452

Omaha, NE

#11 Feb 5, 2012
Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>. THIS ARTICILE IS SLANDEROUS, NOT WATER COOLER GOSSIP, ATTACKING THE SCHOOL BOARD PRESIDENT, AND A D OF OUR SCHOOL BY PEOPlE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE KIDS ENROLLED HERE.(FOX , SMITH) ALONG WITH THE WRITER WHO SENT HIS KIDS SOME WHERE ELSE A FEW YEARS AGO. HOW CREDIBLE ARE THEY.?
I think you better reread the article if you are reading my comments as slanderous toward anyone. I feel very strongly that I can back up my quotes with fact not fiction. So before typing in all caps and refusing to post your name be careful what you say.
batman

Syracuse, NY

#12 Feb 6, 2012
You all have run stj in the ground. Please quite and move on so we can get the wright people in charge before its to late.
Dumber

Greenwood, NE

#13 Feb 7, 2012
You must only be reading half the article. So your saying the people that are quoted in the article don't have kids in school in St. J?(Fox & Smith) Who are the Johnson & Klock people? Do their kids attend school in St. J. I think the Johnson fellow says he has kids in school there. You don't seem to credible. Sounds like you are trying to twist the truth. You must be protecting someone.
Well Stated

United States

#14 Feb 10, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
They, like many others, have had enough. People usually just don t want to get involved with these dimented people, so they go else where. It is time now in StJ to stand up to the glorious ones, so let's do it. Get rid of them. And if Brundage and Mosher are really for the kids and not themselves, like we all believe, maybe they should take a giant step back, out of the limelight but they won t because they are sick in the head.
I think this really represents our area well. We are tired of people using their families push the agenda.
Keep Returning

Altmar, NY

#15 Feb 13, 2012
I dont get it wrote:
<quoted text> This article seems scattered and unsubstantiated. What does Chis Moser have to do with this article? What documentation did the reporter find to validate the opinion of the parties effected? Referencing a letter to the editor as supporting information is one of the biggest no-nos in journalism. Grammatical errors aside, this article seems to be quite slanted and hardly worth any praise as an example of effective journalism. This story mirrors most of the photographs of school children in local newspapers today, they are submitted by parents and grandparents, hoping to get press and a cut out for the fridge. This story seems to have been submitted as well, by people who believe it must have happened that way, after piecing various rumors together and being "done wrong" in the past. No concluding facts whatsoever! This is just water cooler gossip and should not be held in high esteem in my opinion.
It looks like it is in the news achives now. This wasn't just an editorial. This was actually news. This will have to accompany all job applications in the future.
Justice

United States

#16 Feb 14, 2012
Seems like justice is now being served. Jason has done wrong things to many families over the years. Now he is being asked to stand up and face those people. He needs to be terminated from teaching. He is bad for the school district and we would all be better off if he were no longer in St. Johnsville. He needs to be forced out if he won't leave on his own accord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York High School Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mets plan to bring up Jose Reyes on Tuesday (Jul '16) Jul '16 Much needed 1
News Cindy Klippel Van Buren (Mar '10) Dec '15 Seriously 3
2015 NYC Mayor’s Cup Cricket All-Star Game (May '15) May '15 NYCMayorsCup 1
2015 NYC Mayor’s Cup Baseball All Star Game (May '15) May '15 NYCMayorsCup 1
2015 NYC Mayor’s Cup Softball All-Star Game (May '15) May '15 NYCMayorsCup 1
News City Council green lights energy audits for bldgs. (Dec '09) Apr '15 Long Darby 2
News Mineola's Bulva Named to NY All-State Baseball ... (Jul '11) Mar '15 baseballscout32 3
More from around the web