Garden City drowning victima s coach: boy was always wonderful to be around

Jul 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBTW

While there are still no signs of 13-year-old Lonnie Hill, who went missing in the ocean in Garden City Beach on Thursday, his baseball coach says there are plenty of positive memories of the boy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
morgan

Huntingtown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

im using my grandmas computer right now but i was there that week that lonnie drowned and dear god i hope they find lonnies body dead or alive and when i was down there the currents and tides were very strong that they could have scared anyone but i hope they find lonnie.
Sports for life

Glenview Nas, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

I played in the same baseball tournament as the boy who died who played for one of the maryland teams. He was the same age as me (13). My whole team sent money to the parents of the boy who drowned because they were still searching for him. I was even at the beach with my team when he died and we still had i think two more days of the tournament left. 8 of the players went out and only 7 came back. I also vs. him the night before at his last game he'll ever play.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maryland High School Sports Discussions

Search the Maryland High School Sports Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Boys Lacrosse: Improving Lancers fall to Falcons (Apr '13) Apr '13 Hearls Mail 1
Low class Riverdale Baptist (Mar '12) Mar '12 long ball 3
Athletes of the Week (Jan '12) Jan '12 julius erving 1
Brooks 'Anxious' for Fresh Start at Aberdeen (May '11) May '11 Edward j berg 1
'New kids on the block' make quite a statement (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dis-com-bob-u-lating Jone 1
Boys soccer: New-look Spartans win with overtim... (Oct '10) Oct '10 fan 1
Broadneck grad Salvarola makes U.S. junior soft... (Aug '10) Aug '10 K-Mart 1
•••
•••
•••