American Chronicle | SWOPE BACK ON DIAMOND

Jun 17, 2010 | Posted by: Masterscout | Full story: www.americanchronicle.com

American Chronicle
Jun. 17--

SWOPE BACK ON DIAMOND

Colonial Beach veteran coach Steve Swope will return to coach the Drifters' baseball team after a one-year absence.

Swope coached basketball and baseball at Colonial Beach.

He took a one-year break from both after the 2009 seasons.

He said he wanted to leave basketball on top after the Drifters won the Group A, Division 1 state title in 2009.

But he has unfinished business in baseball. He wants to reach 500 wins. He currently stands at 467.

Swope said he's returning for a minimum of three years and a maximum of five.

"I needed some time to think about it," Swope said of his return. "My wife and I decided there's nothing else that I do. I don't play golf and I'm not a handyman. I teach and I coach."

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/146321771

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2010
CBAlumni

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Judged:

welcome back Coach Swope!
Just Asking

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Judged:

i say good for him!
justme

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

Glad to hear it! My kids think coach swope is the best!
HB Rules

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

Judged:

this is good news
Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Sounds to me that he is pretty selfish. He doesn't mention about coming back for the kids. He mentions how HE wants 500 wins in baseball. He his not coaching basketball because HE already went out on top. The minimum of 3 years is the amount of time to get the 500 wins in baseball. I know he is a good coach but you have to look at the whole picture.
HB Rules

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

Judged:

Reality wrote:
Sounds to me that he is pretty selfish. He doesn't mention about coming back for the kids. He mentions how HE wants 500 wins in baseball. He his not coaching basketball because HE already went out on top. The minimum of 3 years is the amount of time to get the 500 wins in baseball. I know he is a good coach but you have to look at the whole picture.
its nothing wrong with him having goals that he wants to complete.....having goals makes you a better employee and production increases.....maybe the next 3 to 5 years he coaches baseball might be some of his best teams and those kids will be better for it.
Clueless

Vienna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

Judged:

HB Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
its nothing wrong with him having goals that he wants to complete.....having goals makes you a better employee and production increases.....maybe the next 3 to 5 years he coaches baseball might be some of his best teams and those kids will be better for it.
Agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maryland High School Sports Discussions

Search the Maryland High School Sports Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Boys Lacrosse: Improving Lancers fall to Falcons (Apr '13) Apr '13 Hearls Mail 1
Low class Riverdale Baptist (Mar '12) Mar '12 long ball 3
Athletes of the Week (Jan '12) Jan '12 julius erving 1
Brooks 'Anxious' for Fresh Start at Aberdeen (May '11) May '11 Edward j berg 1
'New kids on the block' make quite a statement (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dis-com-bob-u-lating Jone 1
Boys soccer: New-look Spartans win with overtim... (Oct '10) Oct '10 fan 1
Broadneck grad Salvarola makes U.S. junior soft... (Aug '10) Aug '10 K-Mart 1
•••
•••
•••