Longtime assistant Cruser will take o...

Longtime assistant Cruser will take over at Waterloo

There are 13 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Jun 4, 2011, titled Longtime assistant Cruser will take over at Waterloo. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

Hired Thursday as the boys varsity basketball coach at Waterloo High School, longtime Nashville and Collinsville assistant C.J. Cruser immediately noticed the baseball team's success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

I Like it

United States

#1 Jun 5, 2011
Great coach, going to be great for Waterloo!
Bulldogs

Waterloo, IL

#4 Nov 25, 2011
Yep, great so far. 0-1
Give him time

Waterloo, IL

#5 Nov 26, 2011
You gotta have the horses. A coach is as good as the talent on his team. Sure some are better than others but dean smith couldn't turn certain teams around if the talent isnt there.
Fan

Waterloo, IL

#6 Nov 26, 2011
Give him time wrote:
You gotta have the horses. A coach is as good as the talent on his team. Sure some are better than others but dean smith couldn't turn certain teams around if the talent isnt there.
The guy was playing 5 forwards at one time in the first game, come on he won't know talent if it hit him square in the head.....
small town gal

United States

#7 Nov 26, 2011
You have to earn respect to get respect. He treats the boys like idiots!!!
Fan

Waterloo, IL

#8 Nov 27, 2011
0-3, they picked another Coach with a crappy attitude, that demands respect....Start winning you might get some RESPECT then coach.....
Likes Hoops

Waterloo, IL

#9 Nov 27, 2011
Saw the Highland game. I will say the kids played scared - not of the other team but scared to get yelled at by the coach. You can't play like that. The flex is a nice offense but you can't run it all the time. Need to get some isolation plays for your best players. Didn't see that. Had trouble with the press. Have to throw it over the press to break the pressure. Should have had some easy buckets off of it. There isn't a whole lot of talent for a 3A or 4A school, whatever they are. The coach needs to chill a little. If he does that they will make some progress.
Go Bulldogs

Waterloo, IL

#10 Nov 27, 2011
Do you guys like any coach? I think just about every coach Waterloo has hired you all have hated here...

Give the man a chance. He doesn't have much talent to work with and frankly the talent he has didn't play all summer!

I thought they played better in the Mater Dei game than they did the Highland game. They have things to work on, but they will get better.
hoops

United States

#11 Nov 27, 2011
To like hoops illinois is 1a 2a and 3a n sports other than football. Yes u should get easy buckets is the press is broken ,it does not have to be thrown over the top get someone n the middle I have not seen the team but a good dribbler can do a lot to break it down for sure u gotta have someone flash middle. I think a player should b held for his mistakes people really need to go watch games other than waterloo it is waterloo has had far from a up tempo n your face u gotta have that the pussy waterloo good ol days r over.
Fan

Waterloo, IL

#12 Nov 27, 2011
Go Bulldogs wrote:
Do you guys like any coach? I think just about every coach Waterloo has hired you all have hated here...
Give the man a chance. He doesn't have much talent to work with and frankly the talent he has didn't play all summer!
I thought they played better in the Mater Dei game than they did the Highland game. They have things to work on, but they will get better.
Why does he need to have his players over the summer.....You can't run organized practices, so how will that help. You need a coach that's played at the college level to take this school to next level....
Go Bulldogs

Waterloo, IL

#13 Nov 27, 2011
Actually you can. You can also play other teams all summer long. Teams have 25 days in the summer...

And they need to be playing so they get better! You don't become a better basketball player by playing 150 baseball games in a summer.

Bulldog Basketball will never reach its full potential if the athletes don't put in the work. Over the last few years, they have not done that and it shows on the court.

On the flip side, I think they are trying to run too many offensive plays. They need a handful of plays that they can run well rather than a lot of plays they don't run so well..
Fan

Waterloo, IL

#14 Nov 28, 2011
Go Bulldogs wrote:
Actually you can. You can also play other teams all summer long. Teams have 25 days in the summer...
And they need to be playing so they get better! You don't become a better basketball player by playing 150 baseball games in a summer.
Bulldog Basketball will never reach its full potential if the athletes don't put in the work. Over the last few years, they have not done that and it shows on the court.
On the flip side, I think they are trying to run too many offensive plays. They need a handful of plays that they can run well rather than a lot of plays they don't run so well..
I seriously doubt that any of those kids had played 150 baseball games this summer, besides that, the Coach was a baseball stand out at his high school, so you would think he would understand kids playing baseball. So were right back to, needing a basketball coach that has played basketball at the college level.....
Yeah Right

Waterloo, IL

#15 Nov 28, 2011
If you don't have the players it doesn't matter if you played in the NBA or college. You have to have talent to win. They are still a couple years away from being decent..Shane Lenhardt will be a stud in another year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois High School Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High school football: Wetzell does it all for E... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farting 2
News High School Sports Roundup for April 23, 2013 (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jack Dolan 1
News Kenneth Russell Deck (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jenny Franklin 1
News Quinn spokeswoman to lead agency that runs U.S.... (Nov '12) Nov '12 lovingrich 1
News Football players I want to see (Aug '12) Aug '12 JustFab 5
Recruiting (Aug '12) Aug '12 Coach Madden 1
News Football recruits among state's best for 2013 (Jul '12) Aug '12 Kat 5
More from around the web