Defending champ Pearland rolls to rou...

Defending champ Pearland rolls to rout of Deer Park

There are 7 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Defending champ Pearland rolls to rout of Deer Park. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

The Oilers dominated Deer Park with a 47-7 win in a Class 5A area playoff matchup Friday night at Galena Park ISD Stadium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

beaucephus

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 21, 2011
One of these days the people of Deer Park are going to wise up and realize Chris Massey is more suitable to be a little league football coach than a high school coach. Deer Park will never advance anywhere in the playoffs as long as he holds the reigns there.
football fan

Deer Park, TX

#2 Nov 21, 2011
They will NEVER go anywhere unless they can get something more than AVERAGE talent. And it does not matter who coached them......

I sure YOU could make them a State Champion team....right????
yooflungpoo

Houston, TX

#3 Nov 21, 2011
define "go anywhere"... and try to make it look like it really MEANS something...
Be Real

Deer Park, TX

#4 Nov 22, 2011
Not run' run'pass, run run pass, run run pass at least try too win the game.
beaucephus

Houston, TX

#5 Nov 28, 2011
football fan wrote:
They will NEVER go anywhere unless they can get something more than AVERAGE talent. And it does not matter who coached them......
I sure YOU could make them a State Champion team....right????
I never said I could make them a state championship team. I have however watched the past 5 seasons and realized it is a little league football program is all. I harbor no anger about it lol. I just find it funny how they are such a seemingly "football" school but dont have that much to be proud of that I can see. I guess if you're happy with simply winning seasons against medicore district teams then ok? The score above tells the tale really. I saw the game and despite the mistakes Massey got out coached. Just like he did at their last meeting 2 seasons ago in Pearland. The kids change from year to year, the coach however hasnt. It's really that simple.
yooflungpoo

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 29, 2011
it's obvious where the REAL football is played...

La Porte beats Katy(nationally ranked #3)...
HSteele

Sugar Land, TX

#7 Nov 29, 2011
"All that glitters...is not gold"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lopez rushes San Diego past Taft (Nov '11) Aug 17 Wtf 9
News Bengals coaching staff undergoes significant ch... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News NFC Championship Game Plays Without Cowboys For... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Thoughts on high school football (Nov '15) Nov '15 Eldorado1 1
News Franklin beats Montwood 35-9 (Sep '15) Sep '15 Trooper1 1
News Prep Football: Mayfield's offense leads Trojans... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Mayfield1 8
News Season turning out to be unpredictable (Sep '15) Sep '15 Eagles1 1
More from around the web