Controversial Penalties and Questiona...

Controversial Penalties and Questionable Calls Mar Clearfield's Overtime Loss to Shamokin

There are 11 comments on the GantDaily.com story from Nov 26, 2011, titled Controversial Penalties and Questionable Calls Mar Clearfield's Overtime Loss to Shamokin. In it, GantDaily.com reports that:

A season of hard work and dedication on the football field is all in achieving one goal, a championship.A The Clearfield Bisons for the last two seasons earned a District IX championship, and have gone on to compete in the PIAA State Playoffs to determine the best Class AAA team in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GantDaily.com.

Nucky Thompson

Clearfield, PA

#1 Nov 28, 2011
Only one questionable call. Too bad your journalist didn't get any quotes from Janerko about not using his kicker who was perfect all night.

Did getting outscored 13-0 in the 4 qtr by a 5-7 team really make you lose so much confidence in your team that a high risk, low success play was in order?
Patrick

Selinsgrove, PA

#2 Nov 30, 2011
Stop blaming the refs for your loss. Just because you werem't expecting Shamokin to really compete and ended up beating you guys in a great game doesn't mean that the refs are to blame. From what I heard the refs were terrible both ways.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 30, 2011
The refs were flag happy against clearfield that night. there were a few calls that in my opinion shouldnt have been called but there is nothing that can be done now. Shamokin played a great game I tip my hat off to them making a 3 plus hour trip and showing up to play. I wish them luck in there game against Allentown Central Catholic.
Clearfield Proud not

Cumberland, MD

#4 Dec 1, 2011
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Only one questionable call. Too bad your journalist didn't get any quotes from Janerko about not using his kicker who was perfect all night.
Did getting outscored 13-0 in the 4 qtr by a 5-7 team really make you lose so much confidence in your team that a high risk, low success play was in order?
He wasn't perfect all night!!!!

I'm still chuckeling over this loss......and the loss to PO too. HAHAHAHA Clearfield thought they were unbeatable, not so!

Was funny that Janocko wouldn't let the kids shower after their loss to P.O.....THEY EVEN HAD TO WEAR THEIR PADS HOME. LOL
Beth

West Decatur, PA

#5 Dec 1, 2011
You spend your time laughing at people's failures...really? It must be a sad life you live. You'd rather see people hurt/upset/defeated. You need to change your focus.
Clearfield Proud not

Cumberland, MD

#6 Dec 1, 2011
Beth wrote:
You spend your time laughing at people's failures...really? It must be a sad life you live. You'd rather see people hurt/upset/defeated. You need to change your focus.
Dear Beth,

My focus was on seeing P.O. and Shamokin win! I didn't say I like to see people hurt/upset/defeated! How do you think those smaller schools felt when Clfd. beat up on them?

I live a rather happy/productive/successful life. Thank ya!
Beth

Du Bois, PA

#7 Dec 1, 2011
"I'm still chuckling at the loss", your words, not mine.
Clearfield Proud not

Cumberland, MD

#8 Dec 1, 2011
;-0....chuckling!
Anon

Uniontown, PA

#9 Dec 2, 2011
Clearfield Proud not wrote:
;-0....chuckling!
It's Thursday sweetheart......now stop trying to score and get to work! Beth has a job and a life outside of Topix. You don't! We all feel bad for you but we understand. You won't work so you can complain about all the taxes. What an easy life
Clearfield Proud not

Cumberland, MD

#10 Dec 3, 2011
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Thursday sweetheart......now stop trying to score and get to work! Beth has a job and a life outside of Topix. You don't! We all feel bad for you but we understand. You won't work so you can complain about all the taxes. What an easy life
LOL
Whatever

Houtzdale, PA

#11 Dec 3, 2011
Clearfield Proud not wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't perfect all night!!!!
I'm still chuckeling over this loss......and the loss to PO too. HAHAHAHA Clearfield thought they were unbeatable, not so!
Was funny that Janocko wouldn't let the kids shower after their loss to P.O.....THEY EVEN HAD TO WEAR THEIR PADS HOME. LOL
That's because your school is soooo disgusting!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennsylvania High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mercyhurst Prep girls soccer suspended from pla... (Sep '12) Mar '16 Erie 5
News Prep's opponent eager to win 1st state title (Dec '15) Dec '15 Geechi 1
News Penn-Trafford rallies to edge McKeesport in ove... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Corbet 3
News Newport hammers East Juniata 41-10, moves to 3-1 (Oct '15) Oct '15 nennink 1
News Northeast defense holds off Father Judge for win (Sep '15) Sep '15 karmal777 1
News Erie Explosion visit league-leading Columbus of... (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Erie Hall of Fame announces class of 9 inductees (Apr '13) Apr '15 Ymous_Anon 9
More from around the web