Records mean little as Hornets await ...

Records mean little as Hornets await Redmen

There are 5 comments on the Ironton Tribune story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Records mean little as Hornets await Redmen. In it, Ironton Tribune reports that:

A quick look at the preview sheet shows the Coal Grove Hornets with a 5-1 record and the Rock Hill Redmen at 0-6. That quick look says this game is a mismatch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ironton Tribune.

the cold wet dog

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 7, 2010
go big grove!!!!!!!!!
omg

United States

#2 Oct 7, 2010
The game is a mismatch. Rock hill is awful.
An outsider looking in

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 7, 2010
As long as Will's father is in the press box calling plays for his son and Bobby's son as wide receiver, Rock Hill football will be nothing. Try playing other kids other than employee's sons and you might win some games. You don't see Coal Grove having coaches with the same names as the "so called" star players. Coach Knipp is just a puppet for Bobby in the press box. Everyone knows he wants to Will to attend OSU but will never because he has never won a football game in his entire high school career.
big dad

United States

#4 Oct 7, 2010
An outsider looking in wrote:
As long as Will's father is in the press box calling plays for his son and Bobby's son as wide receiver, Rock Hill football will be nothing. Try playing other kids other than employee's sons and you might win some games. You don't see Coal Grove having coaches with the same names as the "so called" star players. Coach Knipp is just a puppet for Bobby in the press box. Everyone knows he wants to Will to attend OSU but will never because he has never won a football game in his entire high school career.
Yeah, coal grove once upon a time had a similar situation. Coach Lucas played Jays big clumsy ass even though he sucked and needed to be a lineman. Now Jays the coach even lol. Guess what he sucks at that too. Lucas even got Jay in the big 33 game over Dusty Smith when he was leading the state in rushing.
shhh

Lebanon, KY

#5 Oct 7, 2010
never thought i would be saying this but Rock Hill sux!!! I graduated from there and wanted my kids to do the same but we changed all that here recently and they go to Coal Grove and they absolutely love it, not to mention the fact they are getting a much better education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hudson football coach Ron Wright critical of pu... (Dec '14) Dec '14 rob 1
News Caldwell loses heart-breaker to Trimble Tomcats... (Nov '14) Nov '14 bob anderson 1
News Steubenville rape case: Ma'Lik Richmond returns... (Sep '14) Nov '14 NWA 4
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zach 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | New footb... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Agree to Disagree 2
News Dreyer and the Western Brown Broncos are airing... (Sep '13) May '14 Coach 6
News Thousands Drop Out of Ohio's High Schools Every... (Jan '14) Mar '14 Ashley89 2
More from around the web