Why Steelers Fans Should Be Rooting f...

Why Steelers Fans Should Be Rooting for the J-E-T-S

There are 11 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Jan 22, 2010, titled Why Steelers Fans Should Be Rooting for the J-E-T-S. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Prior to the start of the 2009 NFL season, there were high hopes in Pittsburgh. There was talk about the Steelers trying to do what no one thought they would be able to do: defend their title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

SteelersAreTheCh ampions

Eau Claire, WI

#1 Jan 22, 2010
The Jets can rot and burn up in flames! They're are a joke and that Greenhorn QB is going to get a dose of reality this weekend! The Jets only have the Steelers to thank for going into Suck mode for most of the season!
iloveuBigBen

Glenelg, MD

#2 Jan 22, 2010
no u should not root for the jets if u r a TRUE BIG BEN FAN. i certainly m nd this is y u should not root 4 the jets. its bcuz BIG BEN holds the record 4 youngest qb 2 win the super bowl nd mark sanchez tht had a 63 rating in the season nd 20 picks would take that recoed although he had NOTHING to do with it if they won. nd jupiter-sized head rex ryan doesnt make it any better. he has a universe sized ego nd evry time i c him i wanna punch the **** outta him.

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#3 Mar 2, 2010
I think we should learn something from their aggressive style on defense. The Steelers were passive on defense this year...Opposing QBs had plenty of time to get the ball to a receiver when our cornerbacks play 10 yards away from the line of scrimmage.

The Jets attacked aggressively last year. I like that Rex Ryan style defense and hope LeBeau attacks the QB more with corner blitzes and middle backers this coming year.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#4 Mar 3, 2010
blah blah blah

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
blah blah blah
I told you to get back to your mop and I meant it lickspittle. We're here to talk football.
Bobshitsinhispan ties

Butler, PA

#6 Apr 9, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you to get back to your mop and I meant it lickspittle. We're here to talk football.
i'm sure you are a good guy bob. enjoy your day.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#7 Apr 9, 2010
right now, they need to be rooting for Ben's lawyer
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#8 Apr 9, 2010
LZ-Steel wrote:
I think we should learn something from their aggressive style on defense. The Steelers were passive on defense this year...Opposing QBs had plenty of time to get the ball to a receiver when our cornerbacks play 10 yards away from the line of scrimmage.
The Jets attacked aggressively last year. I like that Rex Ryan style defense and hope LeBeau attacks the QB more with corner blitzes and middle backers this coming year.
You're right, as usual, LZ, but I don't think it was a deliberate shift in philosophy. I just think teams ran on us a little better without Smith and Polamalu, and none of the CBs could cover anyone by themselves or recover if someone got a step on them, so Lebeau had to get more conservative. I bet this year he brings Blitzburgh back with a vengeance.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, as usual, LZ, but I don't think it was a deliberate shift in philosophy. I just think teams ran on us a little better without Smith and Polamalu, and none of the CBs could cover anyone by themselves or recover if someone got a step on them, so Lebeau had to get more conservative. I bet this year he brings Blitzburgh back with a vengeance.
you know what, you lose two of your best defenders and things happen. I think harrison was being held even more than usual. hard to believe but i think it happened. w. gay was burned repeatedly with no troy to help out. carter was good against the run but was too slow in coverage. also we were the defending champs and every team played us as such and frankly we didn't match the intensity on a consistent basis. this year will be different.
LET'S GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#10 Apr 12, 2010
Shouldnt be rooting for them now at all

Thanks to the weak CB's on the roster

Replace them all

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#11 Apr 21, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. The security blanket of Troy was taken away and it exposed our weaknesses in the secondary. That moved more guys outta the box like Woodley, who was covering TEs and RBs all year...essentially spreading out our defense. That's when their run game comes in. With Troy back, and hopefully a starting rookie secondary player, we'll have that warm, fuzzy blanky back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hudson football coach Ron Wright critical of pu... (Dec '14) Dec '14 rob 1
News Caldwell loses heart-breaker to Trimble Tomcats... (Nov '14) Nov '14 bob anderson 1
News Steubenville rape case: Ma'Lik Richmond returns... (Sep '14) Nov '14 NWA 4
News Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zach 1
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | New footb... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Agree to Disagree 2
News Dreyer and the Western Brown Broncos are airing... (Sep '13) May '14 Coach 6
News Thousands Drop Out of Ohio's High Schools Every... (Jan '14) Mar '14 Ashley89 2