Eastwood High School names new football coach

Full story: El Paso Times

Eastwood High School on Friday named David Fatcher, 37, to be the school's new head football coach.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
at last

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

goodluck!
oh great

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Yeah, wouldn't want to hire any local coaches who are qualified.
worker

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

wow had to go out of town to get someone descent??

Ardoin sucks!!
close

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

a native El Pasoan is not good enough
sundevil

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Just when you thought we were headed in the right direction, they go and hire outside of El Paso.
el Chupacabra

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Oh really?
Tony

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

some people are going to complain no matter who the choice is..
He sounds like a good coach..all that matters.

and honestly we could use a few more non locals around here, nothing wrong w/ adding a little culture to the mix.
Mikey

Port Neches, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Give him a chance I believe you will be impressed
Dave

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

That great. Bring someone in that knows how it feels to actually advance deep into the playoffs. Maybe he'll bring the know how on what it takes to get there. Living in the Austin area nobody takes El Paso teams serious. Tired of seeing El Paso teams lose by 50 in the playoffs. Maybe this coach isnt the one to do so but it might be a step in the right direction. Give him a chance.
ElPasoPride

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Congratulations to Eastwood. A coaching change has been long overdue. My son told me that the guys from www.epgridiron.com were at the gym covering the whole thing. It is good to see Eastwood getting all this media attention. Good luck to the new coach and Eastwood.
fbet

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

This is definitely a fresh breath of air, football programs around town better look out. Kids at EHS are very fortunate to have a Coach who brings the experience of going deep into the state playoffs, no matter at what level and no matter when it happened. Good luck Coach Fatcher. You will find out quickly how much support you will get from the Eastwood community.
Eastwood Proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Coach Satcher has a very tall order. He will need to rebuild this program from the foundation up. He seems to have a very positive attitude and I believe he is up to the challenge. There was a positive feeling in the gym at his reception that I have not seen in years. Talent is already there and more is filtering back and will continue to filter back as confidence grows in Coach Satcher's program. I am very confident that there are going to be some very surprised teams that are expecting the Troopers to be an easy win on their schedule next year. This is gonna be fun to watch and be a part of!
Happy for the kids

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

close wrote:
a native El Pasoan is not good enough
This program needs life breathed into it by someone that has not even been around to observe it's decline. Would you have been more happy if one of Ardoin's assistants who helped run this program into the ground were given the job just because they were " EL Pasoan's"? This sounds like a comment from a fan of another high school who is afraid they won't be able to use Eastwood as their whipping boys any more. Give this guy a chance and be happy for Eastwood. These poor kids deserve the best possible coach no matter where he is from considering all they have endured the last few years!
Mikey

Port Neches, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Coach Satcher begins his 6th year of coaching at Lake, and has 12 years of coaching overall. He has coached at both the high school (Woodville, Brazosport and Bay City) and college (Northwester State University and Texas State University) levels. Coach Satcher grew up import Neches, Texas. His favorite saying is �never mistake activity for achievement�. According to Coach Satcher, the most important thing to learn from playing football is �working together in a group, having the experience of bringing diverse skills together so they fit into a single unit working toward a common goal, one in which everyone dose his own job�. The highlight of his time at Lake has been Region lll Championship game victory over Katy. He and his wife have one child, Alina. Coach Satcher also teaches P.E.
Hawg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

You guys just got a really super coach. This man will without a doubt turn this program around. In all honestly , I know David very well and i'd be suprised by anything less than a winning season right off the bat. Im actually a little jealous our local high school didnt get him. Anyhow..you guys should be proud to have him. Just wait and see.
YHS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Now that the Eastwood hiring is complete, YISD should move to hire a new coach for YSLETA. That program needs a winner for a coach, no playoffs for six straight years. FIRE TOD CLARK!! He stinks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••