Newsday's High School Football Insider

Full story: Newsday 23
If there is an enigma this off-season it is Bellport football. After winning back-to-back Suffolk Division II titles in dominating fashion, the Clippers seemingly will start from scratch in 2007. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fan

Lincoln Park, NJ

#1 Jul 9, 2007
no nassau news??
The Observer

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 9, 2007
fan wrote:
no nassau news??
Calm down. There'll probably be some next week.
RKYPT12

Garrison, NY

#3 Jul 10, 2007
Bellport is going to get smacked up in a loaded Div. III
BHS88

Tucson, AZ

#4 Jul 10, 2007
Good luck Jeff!
New Jersey Coach

Paramus, NJ

#5 Jul 10, 2007
I read Newsday religiously in an attempt to follow high school athletics. Since moving to New Jersey in 1985, I have coached football here.
It is interesting to compare the two states in football. I should say Long Island to New Jersey (as opposed to the entire state of New York which I really have no knowledge of).

Long Island football has made enormous strides.
Your Long Island Championships and County Championships have a buzz to the them and a reality that we do not have in NJ.
You play your finals at college venues so that the place actually has people together as a crowd.
In NJ, we play at Rutgers and Giants Stadium -venues that are just too big for a high school game. Nice idea on paper, but the echo is deafening with crowds of only 5 to 10 thousand people.
Keep it going out there. It is fun to follow.
not as dumb as you thunk

Coram, NY

#6 Jul 11, 2007
RKYPT12 wrote:
Bellport will go undefeated watch
bellport fan

Warwick, NY

#7 Jul 11, 2007
bellport dose still have talent dont doubt them and they are also playin in a weaker division
50allday

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 12, 2007
bellport is the best no matter wat division end of story
da best

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 12, 2007
o yea watch out 4 # 10 matt fitz the kid has got a shit load of talent
da best

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 12, 2007
idk if any of u kno but they have a kid named matt degasberri who benches 320 4 8 is wat i herd and hes a fullback and d takle....wow
rkypt12

Garrison, NY

#11 Jul 13, 2007
Divison III is a tougher Division than II, top to bottom. Div. II has 4 good teams, the rest are push overs. Div. III always have 7-10 teams who could end up winning the division. No easy games.
bellport07

Edison, NJ

#12 Jul 13, 2007
your 7-10 teams that could win your division would get killed by the 4 good teams in d2 and guess what the best team in d2 is in your weker division 3- i hope u dont wear 12 for rocky point - ill be looking for #12 this season - welcome to big time football when u play bellport - not your 7-10 small weak meidiocore d3 teams now your playing with a big boy from d2 !!!
Bronto

Smyrna, GA

#13 Jul 13, 2007
RKYPT12 wrote:
That a bold statement. Should be an interesting game when Bellport and Rocky Point play eac hother this yr.
Sunshine state

AOL

#14 Jul 16, 2007
Good luck Jeff I know you will have your men ready. Hey Joe hi remember me? thanks for the CD. It never got here.
HF fball

Northport, NY

#15 Sep 11, 2007
watch out for Harborfields and freeman mcniel jr. HF will turn some heads this year
WM-fan

Staten Island, NY

#16 Apr 16, 2008
Cameron Iuliucci 6'6" 290 lb Class of 2009
Offensive Lineman, from Ward Melville H.S.
received an offer from University at Buffalo.

It's great to see our Long Island kids
working their way up the ranks.
It seems like the North East is making
a comeback and sending more kids to D1
level football teams every year... A few more years and some of those kids will be going Pro,
when that happens we'll have an updated crop of
locals to talk about.
D3 football

Great Neck, NY

#17 May 6, 2008
bellport07 wrote:
your 7-10 teams that could win your division would get killed by the 4 good teams in d2 and guess what the best team in d2 is in your weker division 3- i hope u dont wear 12 for rocky point - ill be looking for #12 this season - welcome to big time football when u play bellport - not your 7-10 small weak meidiocore d3 teams now your playing with a big boy from d2 !!!
Cause Bellport you made the play offs
CENTRAL ISLIP FAN

Ridge, NY

#18 May 29, 2008
Central Islip is a very hungry team right now afta going 0-8 they are in the weight room trainging and has a speed trainer from 4 days out the week. they are going to have a good season this year coming up in D1 you can sleep on them but they are ready for the season thats coming up there back field is going to be nice
Zack Crespo QB SR
Kayron last name? FB JR
Adam last name? RB SR
Kai Baker RB JR
Devante McFarlane RB FR
Michale Cruz RB SOPH
all 4 of their running backs is running in the 4s and the freshman played JV last year and was in 8th grade the QB can just flat down play football this is there year and there ganna be good
WMHS

Staten Island, NY

#19 May 30, 2008
WMHS Football has high hopes in this upcoming year. Many of our players are getting ridiculously stronger and faster. We were a young team last year forcing us to a 4-4 of which only 5 major spots not returning. Pretty much the entire team was Sophmores and Juniors. But this year almost 90% of the starters will be better and much more developed as Seniors. The team is looking to sail this year and hopefully be the first to beat floyd now that they lost 90% of their teams. GO PATS!
Levittown king

AOL

#20 Jul 13, 2008
How many football teams fundraise with a company called PDP Company..does anyone know, and are they credible? I think there a California firm that alot of local teams use to fundraise...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Buffalo Bull 1,480
COMMENTARY: Titletown comes up empty in 2014 Dec 8 Mayfield1 1
Meet Gorman football's unsung standout Dec 8 Tazz3 1
Prep Football: Mayfield ready to make trip to R... Dec 5 Centennial1 1
H.S. FOOTBALL: New coach Charlie Dampeer makes ... (Sep '12) Nov 28 You will never guss 15
Phil Delzotto new football coach at Dumont (May '10) Nov 25 LT Giants 69
COMMENTARY: Bulldawgs push Mayfield in feisty r... Nov 24 LOL oh EL 5
More from around the web