Breakdown of PV, Chico in Almond Bowl

Chico High quarterback Peter Wysong passes against Paradise in their Oct. 1 game at Wraith Field in Paradise. Read more
PV Chico Fan

Redding, CA

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Going to be a good game. Majority of the game will the line play of either Chico's small offensive line versus PV's big and powerful. However, Chico has speciality players in Holmes and Hardman. PV's wild card is sophmore Josh Kopeck.

PV's predictable offense is their own achilles heel. If the Chico's defense has done their home work, that should be the difference in the game. But, PV's defense (other than the Shasta game) has been very good only allowing Paradise 14 points. Too close to call, who makes the least turnover wins, so in this toss up:.......Chico?
CHS Parent

Chico, CA

#2 Oct 22, 2010
PV Chico Fan wrote:
Going to be a good game. Majority of the game will the line play of either Chico's small offensive line versus PV's big and powerful. However, Chico has speciality players in Holmes and Hardman. PV's wild card is sophmore Josh Kopeck.
PV's predictable offense is their own achilles heel. If the Chico's defense has done their home work, that should be the difference in the game. But, PV's defense (other than the Shasta game) has been very good only allowing Paradise 14 points. Too close to call, who makes the least turnover wins, so in this toss up:.......Chico?
I agree. Whoever brings their 'A' game and limits the mistakes. I have been to almost every Almond Bowl game and with a few exceptions - it's anybodies game. I know most of the kids from LL and Jr. Football days and it's always fun to watch. I hope for a good, physical game, no injuries, and a Chico High win (of course).
PVHS

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Oct 22, 2010
Coach Jackson and his staff are great role models for their players. On top of winning 75% of the game that they coach. from the classes of 2006,2007, and 2008 they have: Tyler Rigsbee who plays at CAL, Jordan Rodgers who plays at Vanderbilt, Augie Heath who plays at Sac State, Blake page who plays at Cal Poly SLO, Mark Woodbury who plays at Colorado State, Taylor Clements who played at Arkansas state, Nick DeCaneva and Ryan Ratekin who both play at SW Minnesota State. And now they have an All-American. This will just be another chapter to the story of dominance. PV
Jimmy

Redding, CA

#4 Oct 22, 2010
PV will dominate!
PV Chico Fan

Redding, CA

#5 Oct 23, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
PV will dominate!
Jimmy hits it on the head. Please keep predicting so PV can go deep into the playoffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sat Go Blue Forever 1,767
News Football: Bentonville promotes Grant to head coach Mar 18 Ben Cody Pearson 1
Gary Galante leaving Brophy Prep football program Mar 6 Steven 1
16 county plays commit to playing at the next l... Feb '15 TWinters 1
News Super Bowl 49: Russell Wilson's father, Harry, ... Feb '15 wpgrly 1
FIFA 15 Team Rankings: Our Top 5 Clubs At The S... Jan '15 newfacers 1
News Miracle in the Valley: Crespi gets in, knocks N... (Nov '10) Jan '15 escalante 31
More from around the web