hazing, Farmingdale High School, football player, broom

Full story: Newsday 243
Nassau police are investigating an alleged hazing incident at Farmingdale High School that involved a senior football player attempting to assault a teammate with a broomstick, attorneys for the victim said ... Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
tjrover

Ashburn, VA

#1 Oct 6, 2008
I'm a 6 years removed from High School but I don't recall people ever doing krap like that. What is it with this new generation? Mepham and now this.
jjjr

Smithtown, NY

#2 Oct 6, 2008
This is pure bullshiton the seniors part, What's wrong with these morons? I bet the senior didn't have hisassreamed by some sexual pervert! Better lock him up now because we will surely be hearing from him later!
James

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Oct 6, 2008
tj,

Respectfully, I don't think it has to do with a different generation or whatnot. The few tend to spoil the reputations of the many. Most high school kids behave well enough, and Farmingdale is no exception. The incident doesn't reflect poorly on the school, or the team, or the coaches, or the administration, etc. It simply speaks volumes about *one kid*. Isolated incidents like these can happen anywhere, even in the best of schools and neighborhoods.
LOOKING FOR A BUCK

Cary, NC

#4 Oct 7, 2008
The kid probably doesn't play, due to his lack of skills, so they were busting his chops. I bet he overstated what happened. I'm not sure Farmindale kids are smart enough to know what to do with a broomstick.

"Daddy, daddy, they made fun of me."

"No problem baby, we'll make them pay, for you college education!"

It obviously didn't help them on the field this weekend, they lost to East Meadow (they have a football team?) Good job, Dad!

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Oct 7, 2008
Not suprised at all that the Farmingdale savages would do this. They're just getting ready for jail and big Bubba.
Stu the J00

Mastic, NY

#6 Oct 7, 2008
It's Giuliani time
FHS

AOL

#7 Oct 7, 2008
Yea I'm not surprised that they let this animal still play football...that's the morons that run the athletic department.
They could care less about anything like this they just want to win games like big babys. He should have been arrested and thrown out of school completely
FHS

AOL

#8 Oct 7, 2008
FARMINGDALE IS GOING TO THE DOGS...THEY HAVE HAD A SHOOTING THERE, YOU CAN GET ANY KIND OF DRUG YOU DESIRE RIGHT IN THE COMMONS INSIDE THE SCHOOL. THEY KNOW OF A FEW OF THE DRUG DEALERS AND THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOW THIS AND THIS IS BULL. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL BUDGET VOTE. I WILL GET THE WORD OUT SOMEHOW TO VOTE NO NO NO.
WE ARE PAYING FOR THESE TEACHERS AND COACHES TO DO A JOB AND THEY HAVE ALLLLL FAILED US. FARMINGDALE NEEDS TO BE LEVELED AND REBUILT STARTING WITH THE TEACHERS AND COACHES AND ADMINISTRATION. I AM SOOO GLAD MY KIDS ARE OUT OF THAT HELL HOLE.
ELI

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Oct 7, 2008
Are the "seniors" initials OJ?
cracker

Piscataway, NJ

#10 Oct 7, 2008
What is with football players sticking things up butts? Are they all sick twisted freaks?
joe schmo

Washington, DC

#11 Oct 7, 2008
If the 12th grader sexually assualted another male....that would be called homosexuality....it doesnt take a genius to see that young males have to take this road instead of just coming out of the closet....
Playa

Bronx, NY

#12 Oct 7, 2008
I was there. This was not like Mepham. The senior is guilty of being an idiot, straight up. But he wasnt really trying to be gay. And the other dude was just fine, he was actually stronger. It was a fight.
Playa

Bronx, NY

#13 Oct 7, 2008
FHS wrote:
FARMINGDALE IS GOING TO THE DOGS...THEY HAVE HAD A SHOOTING THERE, YOU CAN GET ANY KIND OF DRUG YOU DESIRE RIGHT IN THE COMMONS INSIDE THE SCHOOL. THEY KNOW OF A FEW OF THE DRUG DEALERS AND THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOW THIS AND THIS IS BULL. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL BUDGET VOTE. I WILL GET THE WORD OUT SOMEHOW TO VOTE NO NO NO.
WE ARE PAYING FOR THESE TEACHERS AND COACHES TO DO A JOB AND THEY HAVE ALLLLL FAILED US. FARMINGDALE NEEDS TO BE LEVELED AND REBUILT STARTING WITH THE TEACHERS AND COACHES AND ADMINISTRATION. I AM SOOO GLAD MY KIDS ARE OUT OF THAT HELL HOLE.
What shooting? Im a student here. And every school has drugs. I went to Wantagh my freshman year and the drugs there were worse. Im not saying its perfect here, but its better than a lot of schools. My cousin lives in Bethpage, and his friends all do heroin. Thats not around here.
Funny

New York, NY

#14 Oct 7, 2008
Death Race wrote:
Not suprised at all that the Farmingdale savages would do this. They're just getting ready for jail and big Bubba.
Funny coming from someone who lives in Bethpage. Bethpage and Susans Pub, World Wide Headquarters for the MS13 gang. Mexican Jumping beans living 50 to a house on Stewart and Central Ave.

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15 Oct 7, 2008
Playa wrote:
<quoted text> What shooting? Im a student here. And every school has drugs. I went to Wantagh my freshman year and the drugs there were worse. Im not saying its perfect here, but its better than a lot of schools. My cousin lives in Bethpage, and his friends all do heroin. Thats not around here.
Oh, I see. They stop heroin from crossing the districts lines into Farmingdale, is that it? Please!!!

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2008
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny coming from someone who lives in Bethpage. Bethpage and Susans Pub, World Wide Headquarters for the MS13 gang. Mexican Jumping beans living 50 to a house on Stewart and Central Ave.
I have a hot flash for you - Every town on LI has "Mexican Jumping beans living 50 to a house" somewhere. It's not exclusive to Bethpage....
LIFETIME COMMON SENSE

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Oct 7, 2008
FHS wrote:
Dear friend: I am not so sure the teachers and coaches failed the students. What is happening at home in this kids life that it seems satisfactory to insert a broomstick into the rear end of another player in the locker room? Do you think maybe taking God and the Ten Commandments out of the School perhaps has an impact? I know this will be laughed at and scoffed at by our more enlightened, intelligent liberal friends out there-but what about family prayer and grace at the table? I can tell you I teach a fine group of 9th grade confirmation students and they seem to be pretty well adjusted to the ups and downs of high school life sans tormenting their colleagues.From previous posts it seems like Farmingdale HS is not the same HS I graduated from in 1980. But then Ronald Reagan was in office and it wasn't a crime to gather in prayer at the flagpole.
What

Warrensburg, NY

#18 Oct 7, 2008
Playa wrote:
I was there. This was not like Mepham. The senior is guilty of being an idiot, straight up. But he wasnt really trying to be gay. And the other dude was just fine, he was actually stronger. It was a fight.
He is guilty of attempted sexual assault. He should be removed from the team and not allowed to play any other sport! Hopefully, the law will prevail.
Black and White Cookie

AOL

#19 Oct 7, 2008
That's interesting that the Junior grabbed the stick and snapped it in half. He maybe should have grabbed the senior's neck and snapped that in half. Either way, I'm sure the older kid was surprised and won't bother him again. Way to go, Junior!
yikers

New York, NY

#20 Oct 7, 2008
Yet another touchy subject managing to push everyone's buttons. Newsday lives for this...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 7 hr Go Blue Forever 1,483
COMMENTARY: Titletown comes up empty in 2014 Dec 8 Mayfield1 1
Meet Gorman football's unsung standout Dec 8 Tazz3 1
Prep Football: Mayfield ready to make trip to R... Dec 5 Centennial1 1
H.S. FOOTBALL: New coach Charlie Dampeer makes ... (Sep '12) Nov 28 You will never guss 15
Phil Delzotto new football coach at Dumont (May '10) Nov 25 LT Giants 69
COMMENTARY: Bulldawgs push Mayfield in feisty r... Nov 24 LOL oh EL 5
More from around the web