Hamilton gets shot at trophy

Hamilton High's football team got appointed. Paradise's is just disappointed. The California Interscholastic Federation announced Saturday that Hamilton is the Northern California representative for the Small ... Full Story
Senior girls at Hamilton

Willows, CA

#1 Dec 15, 2008
WE ARE THE BOMBB!
Nobody thought we would make it this far ; but we proved them wronq!
Dar Don

Hayward, CA

#2 Dec 15, 2008
As small as we are, we and Paradise are the pride of the North Valley. Look at the large schools in Chico this year? Even Hamilton could have beaten them. We have pride and commitment.
Senior girls at Hamilton

Willows, CA

#3 Dec 15, 2008
WE ARE THE BOMBB!
Nobody thought we would make it this far ; but we proved them wronq!
Paradise Fan

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Congratulations Hamilton City. We will be rooting for you.
dissapointed fan

United States

#5 Dec 15, 2008
Of course we are dissapointed that Paradise was hardly even looked at but the dissapointment goes farther----because everything was about the BOWL game the boys did not get the praise and appreciation they deserved for winning the section
Where was the Banquet--the celebration--why was it all about the Bowl game---Prinz was it about ego?????
NSfanInSoCal

Diamond Bar, CA

#6 Dec 15, 2008
The banquet and celebration will come. Anybody in sports knows that they come after the season is complete. For Paradise yesterdays non invite completed their season. I'm sure Hamilton waited along with all the North Section teams, Modoc inculded who expected their seasons to continue. North Section teams will have to schedule top teams from out of section and yes make the drive. Sac would be the closest(Grant, Granite Bay, Nevada Union etc) then it's further from there out to North Bay(Cardinal Newman, Rancho Cotate, Novato etc) East Bay(De Lasalle, Pittsburg, Foothill from Pleasanton etc) San Jose(Bellarmine, Valley Christian, Oak Grove etc), and the Stockton region(St Mary's, Central Catholic, Hilmar etc). They would have to schedule 3 games to these TOP teams and win 1 out of the 3 while winning the Section with no more than 2 losses while hoping that the TOP team finish a strong season. It did wonders for Hamilton and St Mary's as the CIF pointed out to both of their Strength of Schedules. Paradise suffered with Pittman not doing well but Hamilton made out while losing to Menlo of Atherton(South Bay). Last years Foothill program while deserving the invite still would have faced this hurdle if it was this year. No respect until the North Section makes the drive and (doesn't have to) win to go to the State Bowl Games. I can't wait until the NS proves itself to the rest of the state and shows that they cannot be ignored any longer. Congrats to Hamilton and we expect you to represent us well against Goliath.
honest citizen

Redding, CA

#7 Dec 15, 2008
Overlooking the Modoc Braves was a miscarriag of fairness and judgement by the CIF, the game is played by this years team NOT last years! Who are these clowns that cannot make decisions based on reality???
honest citizen

Redding, CA

#8 Dec 15, 2008
Who can honestly place the runners up of the top teams in the championship game. This is an insult to both Braves teams!!
honest citizen

Redding, CA

#9 Dec 15, 2008
It's a grotesque imitation of fairness to bypass the true CHAMPIONS of NorCal small schools, the MODOC BRAVES, who battled a truely competitive schedule on their way to an undeafted season.. The Hamilton squad know in their hearts they are not number one in small schools in NorCal they are wantabees.
honest citizen

Redding, CA

#10 Dec 15, 2008
Will the real CIF officals stand forward and defend their decision, or is it that there is no committee at all, but one woman in Chico.....And she is better making decisions based on social engineering than on a won vs lost record!!!!!Come on NorCal wake up to and protest...
HC Braves Fan

Biggs, CA

#11 Dec 17, 2008
honest citizen....please stop your whining. If I were a Modoc fan, I would not want you in my corner, nobody likes a whiner. As an HC Braves fan, I know in my heart that WE ARE #1. On and off the field and it doesn't take winning a section championship or a bid to the state bowl to know that. Lighten up dude, these are all kids that you are talking about.
HC Braves Fan

Biggs, CA

#12 Dec 17, 2008
And by the way honest citizen, 2 of Modoc's star players are out with injuries and would have been unable to participate in the state bowl had they been selected. This I know, for I have had personal conversations with one of Modoc's coaches. Consequently,in games with teams in common, ie Portola and Mt. Shasta; HC won both games by a significantly larger margin than Modoc did. HC vs Mt.Shasta 30-3 Modoc vs Mt Shasta 33-13 HC vs Portola 40-0 Modoc vs Portola 33-10. So honest citizen before you start running kids down and calling them wannabes, maybe check your facts. CIF was spot on on this decision!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 35 min Go Blue Forever 1,557
FIFA 15 Team Rankings: Our Top 5 Clubs At The S... Thu newfacers 1
Miracle in the Valley: Crespi gets in, knocks N... (Nov '10) Jan 11 escalante 31
Cordio highlights emotional Fitchburg HOF ceremony (Nov '13) Jan 10 Mayor jtn 6
FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Cantwell Sacred Heart still ... (Oct '10) Dec 29 Dan 13
PHOTOS: 2014 Wichita Eagle All-Metro football team Dec '14 adunn4funn 1
COMMENTARY: Titletown comes up empty in 2014 Dec '14 Mayfield1 1
More from around the web