Fayetteville Christian quits at half

Fayetteville Christian quits at half

There are 2 comments on the The Robesonian story from Aug 30, 2013, titled Fayetteville Christian quits at half. In it, The Robesonian reports that:

What was supposed to be a routine regular season game Friday night for Fairmont ended in a bizarre manner by halftime as Golden Tornadoes routed Fayetteville Christian Academy, 46-0.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Robesonian.

Bobby Larson

Willard, NC

#1 Sep 1, 2013
What could Fayetteville Christian be thinking? Talking with people that were at the game they said that FC was concerned with safety. I thought the Christian life and what we are to train our children about is how to handle adversity. When things do not go our way we are supposed to look up to Christ for strength to carry on and to help see us through it. I cannot understand this type behavior in the least. If you want to offer football it should be understood that this is a tough sport and prepare for it. I simply cannot understand how you can teach these kids that it is okay to quit in the middle. Life simply is not like that. How can you get them to practice and play next week? How can you ever again talk with these students about faith, hard work, courage, fortitude, not giving up, or perseverance? These are all messages that Christians must learn and it seems as if each one was forgotten on Friday night.
deeman

Aberdeen, NC

#2 Nov 2, 2013
Been there. If the other team is hurting your players, quitting is the right thing. But the coach isn't excused from training his players better for the next game and the next game and the next game. Or get a new coach... that's the same thing that happened to the Pinecrest Patriots about seven years ago. They quit in the middle of the season.

Then Pinecrest got a new coach, trained hard for a few years, and now they are back in it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How a Marine from Michigan made the military hi... Jul 20 Ray 1
News Charter Oak takes charge (Dec '08) May '16 long time charger 24
News Smith: Boys hoops scene still unclear (Dec '09) Mar '16 Aztec Tiger 10
News Mercyhurst Prep girls soccer suspended from pla... (Sep '12) Mar '16 Erie 5
News Prep football players look to continue their ca... Feb '16 Fart news 2
News 16 New Year's resolutions for Las Vegas in 2016 (Jan '16) Feb '16 Local 2
News Bengals coaching staff undergoes significant ch... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
More from around the web