Albuquerque gang member convicted of ...

Albuquerque gang member convicted of killing rival

There are 48 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Jul 14, 2009, titled Albuquerque gang member convicted of killing rival. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

An Albuquerque gang member has been found guilty in the killing of a rival. A jury returned a guilty verdict Tuesday afternoon against 21-year-old Benjamin Montoya in the killing of 18-year-old Diego Delgado on June 15, 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dlady

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 14, 2009
Murderers should be in prison for life with no chance for parole.
Build bigger prisons for these people.
concern

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Of course the family of this trash is going to say that. This is great news. Let this trash kill themselves.

“Talk is Cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 14, 2009
With all the hate, the indifference in American society, there sure is alot of "locked" love towards others, we are all surrounded by people who are full of bitterness and hate towards others. No one can just say "Hello" or a "Good-morning" without someone wondering if this is a mugging....please undo my logic, my pain, my disillusions of life as it is, unlock my love and set me free, fill me up with something real, untie my binds of wickedness and suffering....before I become one of them.....

Since: Dec 08

Korea

#6 Jul 14, 2009
There is a message here it's a one-way-street and not worth it! Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time is dangerous, or hanging out with friends you grew up with that may have taken a different path in life...Remember the 90's in Albuquerque the gang conference at UNM on gangs - I recall one young man former gang member in the wheel chair crippled for life, His own brother was in a rival gang and fight his own brother if need. The scars fade but never heal - and families, brother's and sister's, friends asking and left wondering about when is he or she going to come home? Even when to young as their will be pictures you ask who is that oh your brother or sister, and then why? In the wake of name of a street, an area which does not care if you walk within it, on it, or not, the price is just too High!! In Some if jumped in you may be able to be jumped out...Some blood in - blood out and you know what that means! Your choice, your character, your life!

“Talk is Cheap”

Location hidden

#7 Jul 14, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
There is a message here it's a one-way-street and not worth it! Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time is dangerous, or hanging out with friends you grew up with that may have taken a different path in life...Remember the 90's in Albuquerque the gang conference at UNM on gangs - I recall one young man former gang member in the wheel chair crippled for life, His own brother was in a rival gang and fight his own brother if need. The scars fade but never heal - and families, brother's and sister's, friends asking and left wondering about when is he or she going to come home? Even when to young as their will be pictures you ask who is that oh your brother or sister, and then why? In the wake of name of a street, an area which does not care if you walk within it, on it, or not, the price is just too High!! In Some if jumped in you may be able to be jumped out...Some blood in - blood out and you know what that means! Your choice, your character, your life!
say, Davesam, I know exactly what your saying in regards to gang BS...there is never a "winner"....always losers... when I rode w/ the Mongols in San Bern. Ca in the 70's to the early 80's nothing mattered to me, the hate ran through my veins and I was a monster to the society in which I lived...everyday, I only want to remove the torture, the beatings, the "Mongol" blood motto....look it up as "Mongol omg.com ...you may see my mug in this site....before I thought that you and me were vicious enemies to the end, yet, over the weeks, I am beginning to respect and like you, friend....accept my hand in honor and hope for a better tomorrow.....
The rest of the story

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2009
Montoya was wrong in shooting back, but his brother was on the ground bleeding from being shot. This wasn't the first time the home was shot up. After his brother was shot Montoya ran back into the family home retrieved a rifle and shot at the car when they came back for a second time. Was it in defense of his family you decide...

“Talk is Cheap”

Location hidden

#10 Jul 14, 2009
The rest of the story wrote:
Montoya was wrong in shooting back, but his brother was on the ground bleeding from being shot. This wasn't the first time the home was shot up. After his brother was shot Montoya ran back into the family home retrieved a rifle and shot at the car when they came back for a second time. Was it in defense of his family you decide...
the shooting was all too much to nowhere from either one of them. The only outcome was a sensless death....

“Talk is Cheap”

Location hidden

#12 Jul 14, 2009
Does this mean we have to study the planet Oranus?
Crime Stopper

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jul 14, 2009
My New Mexico
You have to love her so

Since: Dec 08

Korea

#14 Jul 14, 2009
skinwalker wrote:
<quoted text> say, Davesam, I know exactly what your saying in regards to gang BS...there is never a "winner"....always losers... when I rode w/ the Mongols in San Bern. Ca in the 70's to the early 80's nothing mattered to me, the hate ran through my veins and I was a monster to the society in which I lived...everyday, I only want to remove the torture, the beatings, the "Mongol" blood motto....look it up as "Mongol omg.com ...you may see my mug in this site....before I thought that you and me were vicious enemies to the end, yet, over the weeks, I am beginning to respect and like you, friend....accept my hand in honor and hope for a better tomorrow.....
----------
Skin - no problem my ending is what I was trying to say everyone has this:(Your choice, your character, your life)! Like Malo said 1972 Suavecito. In life there are good and bad days...We all come to the life forks in road, and have to choose - and in life and sometimes the lesson is hard some times the lesson is not so hard but it's your choice.

There is not greater calling then helping people up that may have fallen...ground is hard but takes the hard gound to pull yourself back up!

Your quote: "before I thought that you and me were vicious enemies to the end."

And remember being different does not make anyone an enemy we just choose a different path and we both live with our choices and have to be accountable for actions...I know what is like growing up without and being poor-like in 60's bad dad but a strong mom held us in check...I made some mistakes on the path, and like most tested authority and got nipped when I did!! But used them for positive change...that's all anyone can do! I have lost too many friends who choose a differnt path and I could not help them - self-destruct mode...I always strive to treat everyone the way I want to be treated with dignity and respect until proven otherwise and this has allowed me to walk the valley without judgement of myself or others and if it makes one person think about what there doing then it's all worth it for every action their is a reaction! When all is said and done we all bleed red...
Australia

Gulfport, MS

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Sounds like he was doing what any courageous soldier would do, protect his family! Until you walk in his shoes, you can't comment on what he deserves.
Richard Wetknight

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jul 15, 2009
lets see if the DA can can keep it in jail or Pass it oin to the Feds too
shortcake

Cedar Crest, NM

#17 Jul 15, 2009
He won't face a life sentence. My nephew was killed in a drive by they got 19 yrs 10 years suspended and got out in 4 yrs...Go NM...
I Care

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jul 15, 2009
Richard Wetknight wrote:
lets see if the DA can can keep it in jail or Pass it oin to the Feds too
I can't believe this comment. People like you are always complaining that the Justice system in NM is broken. Now these horrible men, who took an innocent life, are looking at much tougher penalties. You are still compaining. Who cares who tries them, as long as they get what they deserve. Shut up!!!
Ken

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jul 15, 2009
"Sounds like he was doing what any courageous soldier would do, protect his family! Until you walk in his shoes, you can't comment on what he deserves."

SOLDIER? You have the nerve to call this gang banging piece of crap a "soldier"! I served in the military and you just degraded all MILITARY members by even comparing this idiot to them. True soldiers have honor, dignity, and RESPECT! This guy had none and I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.
Sarah

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 15, 2009
He'll get off easy. In NM they always do especially if you are a low life scum bag. Our judges need to be removed from the bench.
Santa Fean

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jul 15, 2009
For the family's loss I am sorry.
But the family also needs to get over the words that he was a good boy.
The fact remains show me who you hang out with and I will tell you what type of person you are.
As for the shooter he's geting his.
Give_me_a_Break

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Jul 15, 2009
How much will a life sentence cost us taxpayers? How much would a death sentance cost ? Sad to boil it down to the cost factor, but, you know what's costing us coming out of Washington. Eye for Eye, Life for Life? Humm......
Hector

Fairfield, CT

#24 Jul 15, 2009
Yeah protect his family! Sure. Now their is his family with out him and for how long now? And the other poor SOB is dead for wanting to be a bad azz never know life thru his twenties thirties and so on. Who is gonna look out for the family now while he is in prison? Who is gonna look out for him in prison? The guards? This Vato made a choice. Your actions will have consequences. Had anyone ever told you that? When u go down that road and choose to react the macho tough way thinking with your balls instead of your brain and NOT take responsibility and NOT making the right decisions to change the BS in your life then you'll either die or suffer. Grow up instead of looking for party and drugs and blame.
Australia wrote:
Sounds like he was doing what any courageous soldier would do, protect his family! Until you walk in his shoes, you can't comment on what he deserves.
FEDUP

Las Vegas, NM

#27 Jul 15, 2009
I AGREE; solider is so stupid to be calling a low-life idiot like this guy!!!!!!!
Ken wrote:
"Sounds like he was doing what any courageous soldier would do, protect his family! Until you walk in his shoes, you can't comment on what he deserves."
SOLDIER? You have the nerve to call this gang banging piece of crap a "soldier"! I served in the military and you just degraded all MILITARY members by even comparing this idiot to them. True soldiers have honor, dignity, and RESPECT! This guy had none and I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scout Trout Regional Mini Camp/National Showcase Mar 24 Merf Trout 1
News Osei tabbed to lead Elk Grove's football program Jan '17 EastwoodPharTz 2
News Notre Dame's Stunning Win Over Stanford Shows W... (Oct '14) Jan '17 A_games 4
News Charter Oak takes charge (Dec '08) Jan '17 Wiseguy 26
News Student-athletes get boost from talent service ... (Sep '10) Jan '17 douche 16
College Football Players Paid! DOA AUG 1st! By ... Jan '17 scout trout 1
News Oak Grove's Dalrymple resigns as football coach (Sep '12) Dec '16 rayville football 9
More from around the web