H.S. FOOTBALL: New coach Charlie Dampeer makes McNairy Central his next improvement project

Full story: The Jackson Sun

It's a new day in McNairy Central football history. There's a new coach, and there's virtually a new team in Selmer.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated May 7, 2014
ccarjr

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Good luck with this guy. It will take us (Lincoln, AL) four years to recover from his distructive work. He never cared about the kids and almost destroyed our whole sports program. What a mistake it was to hire him.
curious

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Why was he a mistake? Please, explain how he hurt your program.
I see

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

ccarjr wrote:
Good luck with this guy. It will take us (Lincoln, AL) four years to recover from his distructive work. He never cared about the kids and almost destroyed our whole sports program. What a mistake it was to hire him.
Thought he had a winning season everywhere?
Big mistake

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

ccarjr wrote:
I guess we should have listened to you. Anyone who has had any dealings with this man knows exactly what you mean. Didn't think our program could have gotten any worse, but wait until next year. I feel so bad for the kids who work hard. None of this past year's coaching staff cared anything about the kids. Thank The Lord, Strouo is moving on to do damage to another program. No one will miss him. Maybe by the time Scott's Hill gets rid of him his hiring connections in McNairy County will be gone and he won't come back here. Stroup and Dampeer damaged 2 young coaches who loved football, but they didn't have role models this past year to show them it's about the kids. Hopefully, these young men will find a job under someone who will show them that to get anything out of the kids, they have to learn that respect is a 2 way street.

We need a coach who cares about having a good program. We don't need one who worries about his record. Dampeer has applied in other places this year, but after seeing how he has destroyed 2 programs in the past 2 years, no one wants his fat ass!
buddysystem

Henderson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Big mistake wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we should have listened to you. Anyone who has had any dealings with this man knows exactly what you mean. Didn't think our program could have gotten any worse, but wait until next year. I feel so bad for the kids who work hard. None of this past year's coaching staff cared anything about the kids. Thank The Lord, Strouo is moving on to do damage to another program. No one will miss him. Maybe by the time Scott's Hill gets rid of him his hiring connections in McNairy County will be gone and he won't come back here. Stroup and Dampeer damaged 2 young coaches who loved football, but they didn't have role models this past year to show them it's about the kids. Hopefully, these young men will find a job under someone who will show them that to get anything out of the kids, they have to learn that respect is a 2 way street.
We need a coach who cares about having a good program. We don't need one who worries about his record. Dampeer has applied in other places this year, but after seeing how he has destroyed 2 programs in the past 2 years, no one wants his fat ass!
the buddy system at work.....another mississippi connection. thank goodness stroup is gone. no reason to be hiring mississippi people, but afraid it will continue until our ties are cut.
oooh yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Pretty sure you need some talent in them there hills, Bubba. Hard to win with a bunch of Freshman. Unless of course, you are the "damaged" coaches. Coach Dampeer can do more with untalented players than any coach around.
finally

Medina, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Dampeer is finally gone. Softball team is as bad or worse than it has ever been. She needs to be next!!!
Ex player

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

Coach Cox would make a great replacement . He was one hell of a fool ball player . Knows allot about the game and all the others coaches that has been there none work as hard as Cox does .
Comcast

Henderson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

Judged:

Ex player wrote:
Coach Cox would make a great replacement . He was one hell of a fool ball player . Knows allot about the game and all the others coaches that has been there none work as hard as Cox does .
na! Need the best hire we can get. Young energetic proven coach from another school or coordinator. This hire has to be right this time
Ex player

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

Comcast wrote:
<quoted text>na! Need the best hire we can get. Young energetic proven coach from another school or coordinator. This hire has to be right this time
Maybe bring him back as a assistant . He has talent. All the kids liked and respected him . Unlike some of the others .
Ex Dampeer Player

Carthage, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

I can vouch this man destroys programs and leaves programs in rough shape when he leaves. He finds teams with big talent to try to win a championship but cant. I played for him for two years and he left. Our program was in shambles and the next coach had two years of work to get it finally turned around. He needs to leave the profession. Piece of crap excuse for a coach.
Ex Dampeer Player

Carthage, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

I see wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought he had a winning season everywhere?
He only wins because he goes to programs who are loaded with talent and focuses on just the Jrs and Seniors, there for two years and then leaves the following coach with way underdeveloped talent and an impossible schedule to play. I would not hire him as a water boy much less a coach. He is a sorry excuse of a coach and a disgrace to the coaching profession.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••