College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
Comments
61 - 80 of 1,309 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You should be aware of Gary Beban then?....Qb at UCLA, he was great....won the Heisman, i think....totally bombed in the NFL....
Unfortunately with the exception of Troy Aikman, our Bruin quarterbacks never amount to anything beyond college :/

We are really starting to get frustrated with all the USC Trojan quarterbacks that transition into the NFL and not any of ours. Guess we need to eat more Wheaties ;)

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately with the exception of Troy Aikman, our Bruin quarterbacks never amount to anything beyond college :/
We are really starting to get frustrated with all the USC Trojan quarterbacks that transition into the NFL and not any of ours. Guess we need to eat more Wheaties ;)
Here is a reason to feel good...

Matt Leinart's and our mistake Rob Johnson's pro careers

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Michigan Wolverines must have this weekend off, as i don't see them on the betting lines or on the TV schedule....Would love to see Wisconsin shock the shit outta OSU...lol....LSU-Georgia looks good....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Michigan Wolverines must have this weekend off, as i don't see them on the betting lines or on the TV schedule....Would love to see Wisconsin shock the shit outta OSU...lol....LSU-Georgia looks good....
Oct.5th Michigan hosts Minnesota

Uconn will be here this afternoon...hope OSU v Wisc is a night game
Okla @ Notre Damn could be a good one too...
Happy Saturday to all

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Perfect Saturday afternoon 60 degrees sunny and calm...

Buffalo 41- Uconn-12

When the boys play well this crap is fun...

The victory cigar was...err...is very tasty

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect Saturday afternoon 60 degrees sunny and calm...
Buffalo 41- Uconn-12
When the boys play well this crap is fun...
The victory cigar was...err...is very tasty
Congrats on your victory, we hardly ever hear about Buffalo down here, strange with all the NYers in Florida....I watched two great games...Oklahoma State-WVU....and a great LSU-Georgia game...it ended up 101-100, i think...lol...Another week without an opponent's DB or LB, punching Johnny Football's lights out....i can only dream......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats on your victory, we hardly ever hear about Buffalo down here, strange with all the NYers in Florida....I watched two great games...Oklahoma State-WVU....and a great LSU-Georgia game...it ended up 101-100, i think...lol...Another week without an opponent's DB or LB, punching Johnny Football's lights out....i can only dream......
Funny how Johnny Football can go from underdog hero beating Alabama last year to the guy we love to see wiped out...
Ohio state v Wisconcin was a decent game....
Also watch sport center for the punt return by a kid from Oregon vs Cal. he must have run 200 yards on a 60 yard return....play of the week.
You guys don't see much in the way of MAC football...I am sure you will be able to see my guys on some espn ...just so you can get a look at Khalil Mack...a sack 2 1\2 tackles for loss and a half dozen times where the QB was running for his life...a so \so day of work

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

I know alot about the MAC....lived in Kalamazoo for awhile...Sister went to CMU....my dad played RB at Western Michigan....i actually watch EVERY MICHIGAN GAME, got that?..lol...Then it's just about good matchups....I support U of Miami locally....like FSU, cause they're Qb is a natural, guaranteed to play on Sundays....I was the guy that told all his friends about this guy, Russell Wilson at Wisconsin...lol...also the great DE at Purdue, that plays for the Redskins now, can't recall his name...senior moment....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I know alot about the MAC....lived in Kalamazoo for awhile...Sister went to CMU....my dad played RB at Western Michigan....i actually watch EVERY MICHIGAN GAME, got that?..lol...Then it's just about good matchups....I support U of Miami locally....like FSU, cause they're Qb is a natural, guaranteed to play on Sundays....I was the guy that told all his friends about this guy, Russell Wilson at Wisconsin...lol...also the great DE at Purdue, that plays for the Redskins now, can't recall his name...senior moment....
Never been to Kalamazoo...we used to do road trips but i don't deal well with cars nor planes, any more.
Athens oh. a couple years back was last.
I am happy with the Bulls being MAC, we get to see a decent level of play. the whole program is far more accessible.The majority of the parents sit in the season ticket holders area. Had a great time with a few. Jamey Ricahrd is a back up center somewhere. his dad sat next to me for four years. While his kid isn't going to Canton it was a dream come true and was nice to see. Jamey was a nice kid too, you like seeing nice people's dream come true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

That's cool....years ago, Steve Largeant's dad, Jim...who had played linebacker for the Oilers in the old AFL....was my dad's friend and neighbor and i got to meet Steve and Jim Zorn after a Seahawks-Dolphin game....Steve is super nice too.....I have Redzone on NFL Sundays and could'nt believe watching Jay Cutler turn the ball over so much, againest the Lions...I swear, sometimes he looks like he does'nt even care....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
That's cool....years ago, Steve Largeant's dad, Jim...who had played linebacker for the Oilers in the old AFL....was my dad's friend and neighbor and i got to meet Steve and Jim Zorn after a Seahawks-Dolphin game....Steve is super nice too.....I have Redzone on NFL Sundays and could'nt believe watching Jay Cutler turn the ball over so much, againest the Lions...I swear, sometimes he looks like he does'nt even care....
Richard's dad had some impressive camera's one had an enormous lens. He game me a copy of a series of pictures of Jamey snapping the ball and going back to pass block while his helmet was being twisted off by Kent states nose tackle.
If i owned an NFL team and needed a quarterback...Even if Cutler was willing to come in at league minimum....And If Matt Leinart was the only other Quarterback available...ok...that is a stretch.. I really never had much faith in him he always seemed to be a quarterback lets it get into his head...And Like P.J. Lossman another Bills mistake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Bill's look to have an excellent Qb now....EJ Manual looks like the real thing, but have you seen Winston, the freshman phenom at Florida State now? He's one of these kids, that you know right away is gonna play on Sundays...Speaking of centers, i am a big fan of David Molk, the Michigan Wolverine, drafted by the Chargers...i think he will have a long career.....The problem with Cutler is he has a rifle arm, but never seems motivated...Like a more cerebral, Jeff George......Ryan Kerrigan was the DE from Purdue/Redskins...i spoke of before....a terror..lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

We finally have a reason to be hopeful...
Fitzpatrick wasn't going to bring that
E.J. is the real deal. Today he got hit a bunch threw a couple int. but it wasn't as if those bad plays were stuck in his head.
I did see Winston the night when they dismantled Pitt. The runner up for play of the day on Saturday was a Hail Mary Winston threw at the end of the half vs. Boston. That thing was in the air for a long flight

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

That was an incredible play...with time running out....He's gonna be a big deal on Draft day....not sure that was an actual Hail Mary, though...I think Murray, the Qb at Georgia is gonna be a pro too....Peyton Manning is incredible...set an NFL record...16 TD's in 4 games...it had never been done....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Winston woud be best served by staying at least one more year

Yes ...Murray will be a great pro
I also like Taja Boyd from Clemson....A.J. McCarren has won a lot of games and Chuckie Keeton from Utah St...could be a later round find...he can play
Peyton is a marvel you keep waiting for time or some blitzing LB to catch up with him...
Give him another Super Bowl ...please

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a reason to feel good...
Matt Leinart's and our mistake Rob Johnson's pro careers
Yes but they are still NFL quarterbacks. What other universities can at least say that multiple times. I know my Bruins can't :/

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but they are still NFL quarterbacks. What other universities can at least say that multiple times. I know my Bruins can't :/
true other than Alabama there hasn't been any more consistent football factory. So the occasional dud shouldn't tarnish the rep. I actually feel some sympathy it must be tough to compete with that program right next door. UCLA has the resources to dominate if they get a bit more ruthless in their approach.
Is Washington real?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but they are still NFL quarterbacks. What other universities can at least say that multiple times. I know my Bruins can't :/
Michigan Wolverines....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
true other than Alabama there hasn't been any more consistent football factory. So the occasional dud shouldn't tarnish the rep. I actually feel some sympathy it must be tough to compete with that program right next door. UCLA has the resources to dominate if they get a bit more ruthless in their approach.
Is Washington real?
Florida State is getting close....within a coupla years, they could have three starters....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Florida State is getting close....within a coupla years, they could have three starters....
Ok true numbers 3 -4-&-5

in no particular order could be ..Florida state..Michigan and Texas
Any other nominees?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Upland Highlanders claims first CIF championshi... (Dec '09) Aug 14 david sillasen 15
High school football heats up Aug 8 2003-2007 whs fan 1
VHSL releases high school football schedule Jul '14 Watcher 1
Trojans triumph: Mayfield shocks No. 2 La Cueva... (Nov '10) Jun '14 smokey the bear 141
Crimes rattle residents in Orosi (Oct '08) Jun '14 Trayvon 3
Save Time Emailing College Coaches! Jun '14 scoutkings2013 1
South edges North 8-6 in the 6/8-Man All-State ... Jun '14 Amy Martinez 1

Search the High School Football Forum:
•••
•••