Condition worsens for Onate football ...

Condition worsens for Onate football player hospitalized after attack (12:07 p.m.)

There are 73 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 22, 2011, titled Condition worsens for Onate football player hospitalized after attack (12:07 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The Onate High School varsity football player who was attacked leaving a party early Sunday remains on a respirator today as doctors at University Medical Center, in El Paso, fight against continuing swelling in his brain, a family friend told the Sun-News. Jerry Zamarripa's intracranial pressure was initially 50-percent higher than it should have ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
otherone

Lubbock, TX

#4 Feb 22, 2011
@uknowwhour
Both victims are Hispanic and the nationality of the suspects has not been reported. By the sound of your logic, I bet you played football in high school.
unbelievable

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Feb 22, 2011
Gangs now a days consist of all nationalities, so dont go there. The problem is gangs in itself! They are cowards! rodents! Why dont they fight one on one! No it has to be alot to one because they're to chicken to get beat up and laughed at! You punks out there think you all are bad? You think that by doing this you have gained any respect? Can you actually say "Im a man?" You will grow old in prison or out but alone with no education, hopefully lots of conviction. You are probably leaving kids everywhere without support! But its ok they dont need a dad like you! You have just about taken a life that seemed to have more going for him than you ever will, only because you have to act like that to try to make yourself look big and important worth something! But you worthless!! and remember these 2 young boys may not ever see it but what goes around comes around, and when it is your turn you will remember just why you are going through the hell you will eventually face!
Sad

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Feb 22, 2011
First, I would like to let the family know that we are all praying for Jerry's recovery and to let them know that God does great things hopefully this will be one of them. Secondly, for the punks who did this shame on you but remember CARMA you will pay dearly for this hurt you have caused the Zammarripa family.
Aggie Man

Saint Cloud, FL

#8 Feb 22, 2011
where were the parents
DBZ

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Feb 22, 2011
First I would like to send my prayers and condolences to the family and friends of Jerry Zamarripa!!! Being a victim of a sensless crime of this nature hits real close to home. I was attacked at a party just like this young man and it was all over nonsense. I was placed in the hospital and it took alot of staples to close my wounds and though everyone at the party saw who did it and what happened NO one was ever charged. I hope our investigators and police actually do their job this time around. So that one day the citizens of LC will be able to live in peace and not have the fear of being attacked and almost killed while attending a simple party, or walking down the street of their neighborhood. These supposed gang members are walking our streets with weapons as if the city belongs to them. Its time to step up to the plate LC we must reclaim our city from these dastardly criminals who have no regard for human life....D.B.
OHS Rep

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Feb 22, 2011
Rest in Peace Jerry Zamarripa, 1993-2011.

I hope the family and friend are able to have a dignified and significant ceremony.
What the

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Feb 22, 2011
DBZ I'm sorry for your pain and trama you suffered. The thing that baffles me is that you said that you were at a party and that no one at the party would identify who it was that attached you. How do you expect the police to proceed if they have no leads. If the witnesses refuse to say what they saw, the police have nothing to go on. Maybe Jerry's friends and the other people at the party will come forward and identify the attackers so the police can charge them and they can be brought to justice.
Jack

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Feb 22, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
Gangs now a days consist of all nationalities, so dont go there. The problem is gangs in itself! They are cowards! rodents! Why dont they fight one on one! No it has to be alot to one because they're to chicken to get beat up and laughed at! You punks out there think you all are bad? You think that by doing this you have gained any respect? Can you actually say "Im a man?" You will grow old in prison or out but alone with no education, hopefully lots of conviction. You are probably leaving kids everywhere without support! But its ok they dont need a dad like you! You have just about taken a life that seemed to have more going for him than you ever will, only because you have to act like that to try to make yourself look big and important worth something! But you worthless!! and remember these 2 young boys may not ever see it but what goes around comes around, and when it is your turn you will remember just why you are going through the hell you will eventually face!
You people are confusing the word nationality with ethnicity. The gangsters are most likely of American nationality and of Mexican ethnicity.
gtl

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Feb 22, 2011
Angel Munoz and the D.A boys have blood on their hands!
WhatthehellisaJi g-a-watt

Madison, AL

#15 Feb 22, 2011
Sad wrote:
First, I would like to let the family know that we are all praying for Jerry's recovery and to let them know that God does great things hopefully this will be one of them. Secondly, for the punks who did this shame on you but remember CARMA you will pay dearly for this hurt you have caused the Zammarripa family.
He'd have a better chance if he were a congressman/women...hate to bring politics into this tragedy, but donít think for a nano-second that the kind of medical treatment Congresswomen Giffordís has and is receiving is the same as we would get on "Obozo" Care...itís not. But yet, this is what Obozo wants to force upon us, but wouldnít accept himself, to include the Congress and Senate.

This poor kid gets his brains bashed in by cowardly thugs, for what, minding his own business. And once caught, not much will be done to them...they should be executed for this gruesome crime.
Onate Student

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Feb 22, 2011
OHS Rep wrote:
I hope the family and friend are able to have a dignified and significant ceremony.
HE'S NOT DEAD
Mom

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Feb 22, 2011
OHS Rep wrote:
It may be a slim chance, but Jerry still has one. Jumping from article to article on this subject posting rest in peace is a little cynical don't you think? What if it were your child? Callously put "OHS Rep".

My prayers are with you and your family Jerry!
Sarge

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Feb 22, 2011
This is to the suspects:

I know you're reading these posts because you're keeping up with the story. You're probably thinking "If he dies, It's murder." Dude, he's brain dead. That's leagally dead.

You're worried inside. I would be if I were you. You're probably laughing about it in front of your friends because you don't want them to think you're scared, but inside, you are very scared.

Someone at the party already spoke to the cops because he recognized one of you. That person will be interviewed and will talk. Your homies are going to point fingers at each other at first, but you'll soon be identified as the one who swung the bat.

Watch....you'll see that everything I've said is going to happen.
Mom

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Feb 22, 2011
Onate Student wrote:
<quoted text>
HE'S NOT DEAD
Don't pay any mind to posts like this. Many are posting "rest in peace" because of the inaccurate information the Sun News first posted about Jerry being "brain dead". Jerry is not brain dead and we will continue to pray for whatever chances he still has.
Fed Up

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Feb 22, 2011
lockdown wrote:
should have been home in bed sleeping - now it's the long sleep...
Prayer is the answer to your questions!
Fed Up

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Feb 22, 2011
Aggie Man wrote:
where were the parents
Prayer is the ansewer to your question!
Joker

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Feb 22, 2011
Whoever you are that did this to Jerry your a loser, you can't even fight like a man you have to jump someone from behind. Chicken shit
Jamie

Tularosa, NM

#23 Feb 22, 2011
This is terrible. These guys can hide but they will be found. They need to stand trial as adults.
A mom too

Las Cruces, NM

#24 Feb 22, 2011
Our prayers to the family, you are right Mom he's got a chance and no one is giving up hope. As for Sarge your right all his friends are going to snitch him out not to mention that he's bragging right now. For the D.A. boy who did this I hope your mother turns you in, if she doesn't then she must have been a gang banger herself and thinks it's ok.

Don't give up hope Mom we are all prying for Jerry.
DITTO

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Feb 22, 2011
Aggie Man wrote:
where were the parents
Exactly!!! WHERE were the parents? Of all these underage kids. Damn people, BE parents. All of you....the victims' parents and the ones who gave birth to these other "children". I'm sorry, but you are all responsible for the way your kids behave. What the hell business do underage kids have at drinking and doping parties at this time of the night? And who provides the alcohol? How in hell can you allow all these punks to party at your home. Take some damned responsibility. You let your kids run around like animals, then you don't understand why things like this happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High School Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr tom wingo 2,516
Top Football Rivalry in America? (Jul '06) Aug 19 walker 434
News 'The sky's the limit' for HU's Breon Key in his... Aug 17 me 2
News FOOTBALL: West Covina downs Glendora, 33-28 (Sep '10) Aug 7 Fart news 3
News Jun 11 11:24 AM More filings in Jameis Winston-... Jul '15 Hammer7 3
News Ex-high school football coach, Glenn Bell, dies (May '09) Jun '15 Paul Stern 7
News Erie Explosion visit league-leading Columbus of... May '15 tom wingo 2
More from around the web