York baseball coach is in a league of...

York baseball coach is in a league of her own

There are 7 comments on the Nashville Rage story from Apr 17, 2011, titled York baseball coach is in a league of her own. In it, Nashville Rage reports that:

Jennie Patton worked a lot of jobs to keep her dream of becoming a baseball coach alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashville Rage.

tnhillbilly

Jamestown, TN

#1 Apr 18, 2011
So let me get this straight.A coach wants to use bats that they will have to use next year in order to get used to them?Doea that mean next year the team will be in the upper part of the district instead of bottom dwellers?I think not!I hope miss Patton will focus on getting our baseball program the respect we as ex players want.Playing politics and ego trips are not working.We are the laughing stock of other teams in the district not because of miss Patton but because we are not competitive.Other teams love to know they will play us because they know they should win.We need to change that to where other teams dread us because they know they have to play well in order to beat us.Our youth baseball program is a total embarrassment because of egos and politics.They dont have the best interests at heart of the kids.A fish pots from the head down and until we change our lack of the proper leadership the high school team will never get better because our youth programs are the lifeblood of the high schol team.Not using the same bats as our competition is just unacceptable to me.It is not fair to the kids either!
Outside Looking In

Montgomery, AL

#2 Apr 20, 2011
I've known Jennie Patton for a long time. And she knows more about baseball than anyone in Jamestown. An obvious choice for a coach. As far as not being any good, well, like was said, politics and what your last name is can't make a kid a good player. Maybe it'll change with Jennie.
TriplePlay

Jamestown, TN

#3 Apr 20, 2011
Outside Looking In wrote:
I've known Jennie Patton for a long time. And she knows more about baseball than anyone in Jamestown. An obvious choice for a coach. As far as not being any good, well, like was said, politics and what your last name is can't make a kid a good player. Maybe it'll change with Jennie.
Hope you are right but I doubt it. She has had to change jobs to many times and I have seen her operate.
tnhillbilly

Jamestown, TN

#4 Apr 20, 2011
YOU CANT HANDCUFF YOURSELF BY UXING INFERIOR BATS THAN THE OTHERTEAMiT IS A NO BRAINER.i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR HER RATIONAL FOR THAT.bET I CQAN NAME HER VOLUNTEER COACHES IF STILL ALLOWED.I tell you what i will do.I will promise ten more wins next year than this is she would get the right volunteer coaches.Why wont they play Clarkrange as they are not anywhere near being a -powerhouse.Coach Webb couldny coach his way out of a paper bag but he would be a ==good assisst.I know 3 or 4 kids coming into high school that leaning to going to Clarkrange next year and i cqan see why. I wiil go ahead and say it as i have already told him to his face.The leader of Babe Ruth neens to be tarred and teathered and ruh out of town.He had J.S.,B.o.,himself which should have been all coaches allowed plus drafted another Stephens kid by father son which is illegal.Then next year he gothe got the best kid from ll that wasnt his kid and still hadJ.S,.B.t.and himself as the coaches.That is cheating pure and simple.Mr. M knows all about it and i will jile a discrimination suit soo so lets stand up for the kids and get this piece of monet-making trash took out.I will be around and fating notes becuse these kids are being mistreated.I will get into it more as time allows.IT IS ON!
Wayback

Gainesboro, TN

#5 Apr 24, 2011
TriplePlay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you are right but I doubt it. She has had to change jobs to many times and I have seen her operate.
I support Jennie Patton 100%. She is a very good coach. She was my son's little league coach about 1980. She was a better coach than most of the male coaches who didn't like her coaching because she was female.
betch ya

Jamestown, TN

#6 Apr 24, 2011
Can she 'really' be any worse than the "goof" YAI had the past few years? I mean really...
The 'welding teeacher' only cared about "his' kid, and the other faculty knew all about it, and looked the other way, just like they ALWAYS do.
The welding teachers son last year graduated and also received the largest scholarship given away in Fentress county. Isnt it nice when you have connections ? And when nobody will speak out AGAINST this crap ! I was told"nobody else is complaining about it" why does it bother you...
Pretty soon Pine haven will be called Patton middle school, there is enough related 'knit-wits' to justify it.
The welding teacher cant weld for nothing, he was fired as a coach(I seen him driving through town during practices) I could only imagine him in class.His wife NOW works at pine haven, what more will OUR leaders give them ?
I know dang well, if the welding teacher would have been fired(like he should have) there would be a position open for a much better coach. Be it baseball or chess. But not in jamestown !

Family and friends first. Heck with the kids.
And everyone that keeps their mouth-shut is just as guilty.
Anonymous

Jamestown, TN

#7 Mar 8, 2012
first of all dont be judging the "welding teacher " as a coach cause if u was him and ur son was playing u woulda done the same and got ur son the best future possible....lets go squatchin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee High School Basketball News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Stabbed Multiple Times On Colonial Drive Jan '15 Doug Sansom 1
News Brian Stewart has lofty goals for South-Doyle b... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Lisa Jerrolds 1
News Macon Jr. cleans house with Trousdale (Nov '13) Nov '13 moms 1
News High School Basketball: York pair transfers to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 ol woman 1
News High School Basketball Full Court Press (Feb '13) Mar '13 jlow 7
News High School Basketball: Fra's Wyatt wins Divisi... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ChopperBlades 2
News High School Basketball: Covington boys penalize... (Feb '13) Feb '13 The real ummmmmmm 3
More from around the web