Valley outlasts Minford 83-70 in overtime

Jordan West scored 31 points, including six 3-pointers and going 7-for-10 from the free throw line, as host Valley held Minford to one point in overtime and won 83-70 to remain atop the SOC II. Full Story
SheShe

Jackson, OH

#1 Jan 30, 2013
It is a shame the Minford High school coaches are not allowing all the team to play. Several of the boys on the JV are really great players and have been for years. Minford teams aren't doing very well....because only 'the few' are allowed to play.
JV Basket Ball

Jackson, OH

#2 Jan 31, 2013
Do you ever wonder why the minford JV has 15 boys on the team when only 5 can play at a time? I will tell you. Why, they use them for practice against the ( FAB FIVE) and when it's game time they don't need them. I would not make it as a coach because if a kids parents spent $3.60 a gallon on gas to make sure he was there for practice he would at least get to touch the ball some.
Outsider

Lucasville, OH

#3 Jan 31, 2013
15 players? Wow maybe he thinks this is football, I think 12 players is too many for basketball! Who is the coach? If its Minford I'm sure he is a family member of the principal or his son plays.
sheShe

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2013
It's not usual to have that many on a team, but of course only 5 are in at one tome. One of the coaches has a son on the team and he is good, but so are many of those left never getting to play. What a waste of talent. The coach rarely plays more than 6-7 different kids.
Outsider wrote:
15 players? Wow maybe he thinks this is football, I think 12 players is too many for basketball! Who is the coach? If its Minford I'm sure he is a family member of the principal or his son plays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio High School Basketball News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2014 Miami Basketball Recruiting Class: RedHawk... (May '14) May '14 ohhs baller 1
Dreyer and the Western Brown Broncos are airing... (Sep '13) May '14 Coach 6
Warrior basketball wraps up season at awards fete (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sharon Deitz 1
Northwest 50, Waverly boys basketball 46 (Feb '14) Feb '14 WAVERLY FAN 1
Africentric looks East (Mar '12) Jan '14 This school is a ... 16
Tornadoes holdoff Waterford, 62-51 (Jan '14) Jan '14 sportsnut 1
Panthers fall just short against Tigers (Feb '13) Oct '13 Bull Durham 2
More from around the web